The Round Robin - Highlander Mentoring Tournament for Newbs

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Joejoe347

Re: The Round Robin - Highlander Mentoring Tournament for Ne

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:51 pm

worgeral wrote:Dat feel when i was accepted and have to be in the interview
Wonder how dis will end
Don't worry about it, lol. The interview isn't really a big deal, it's just for us to make sure you have a working mic, and to weed out to total morons. It takes like 30 seconds.
Mozart, dope for the most part.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Joejoe347 wrote:
worgeral wrote:Dat feel when i was accepted and have to be in the interview
Wonder how dis will end
Don't worry about it, lol. The interview isn't really a big deal, it's just for us to make sure you have a working mic, and to weed out to total morons. It takes like 30 seconds.
When will the interview take place?
Joejoe347

Re: The Round Robin - Team Sign Ups Open!

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Hey so the team portion of the tournament is now open to signups!

Signups are open here.

It's a casual, one day tournament taking place next Sunday, October 27th, starting around 3 PM EST. A variety of maps, both festive and competitive, will be played. While no prize will be given to the winner, the team with the most festive spirit will win 9 keys! (Festive spirit is evidenced by spooky loadouts and themed names).

Anyways, I think j2 could totally get a team together, and I encourage somebody to make another thread about it to see if people are interested. Signups close on October 25th.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Joejoe347 wrote:Hey so the team portion of the tournament is now open to signups!

Signups are open here.

It's a casual, one day tournament taking place next Sunday, October 27th, starting around 3 PM EST. A variety of maps, both festive and competitive, will be played. While no prize will be given to the winner, the team with the most festive spirit will win 9 keys! (Festive spirit is evidenced by spooky loadouts and themed names).

Anyways, I think j2 could totally get a team together, and I encourage somebody to make another thread about it to see if people are interested. Signups close on October 25th.
I live in scanda so what time would is be here when you start?
I am digging the j2 team idea
Also i Think i might have declined the friend request from him what do i do?
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm in if its 3pm est.
I have dibs on playing as medic.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Ian7 wrote:I'm in if its 3pm est.
I have dibs on playing as medic.
It's for a few hours starting at 3 est yes. I would recommend getting a list of like 15 people interested in playing as it goes for a long time and I'm sure some people won't be able to play the whole thing.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:17 pm

worgeral wrote:
Joejoe347 wrote:Hey so the team portion of the tournament is now open to signups!

Signups are open here.

I live in scanda so what time would is be here when you start?
I am digging the j2 team idea
Also i Think i might have declined the friend request from him what do i do?
Add Alpha here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/alphaandyanmega/

Not sure what time it would be for you, but I think it would be around 9 or 10 pm. You would be playing on NA server with na ping, so that's something to think about. Other thing to think about is that you can't play in the mentoring tourney and the team one.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 am

Signups are open here.

It's a casual, one day tournament taking place next Sunday, October 27th, starting around 3 PM EST. A variety of maps, both festive and competitive, will be played. While no prize will be given to the winner, the team with the most festive spirit will win 9 keys! (Festive spirit is evidenced by spooky loadouts and themed names)
Yeah bro sign me up, id prefer to be a spy or heavy but if someone really wanted to be either i'd gladly play just about anything.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:

Signups are open here.

It's a casual, one day tournament taking place next Sunday, October 27th, starting around 3 PM EST. A variety of maps, both festive and competitive, will be played. While no prize will be given to the winner, the team with the most festive spirit will win 9 keys! (Festive spirit is evidenced by spooky loadouts and themed names)
Yeah bro sign me up, id prefer to be a spy or heavy but if someone really wanted to be either i'd gladly play just about anything.
Well somebody from j2 would have to sign up a j2 team with at least 9 people. I can't do that.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 pm

It's going to be tough not playing with friendly-fire in a tournament. tf4 is what I play almost exclusively.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 pm

EnjoyLexiprawn wrote:It's going to be tough not playing with friendly-fire in a tournament. tf4 is what I play almost exclusively.
TF4 has made you stronger than you know. Once you get it through your head that you don't have to check your fire, you'll have some fun. HOWEVER, you won't have the J2 over-heal, so remember to be a little more conservative than you might be on TF4.
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 am

Turns out they allready drafted teams :/
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

So Id just like to say that these teams that we played, Joejoe, ARE NOT fucking new players and its really annoying.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Joejoe347

Post by Joejoe347 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:45 pm

A Ninja wrote:So Id just like to say that these teams that we played, Joejoe, ARE NOT fucking new players and its really annoying.
I never said they were, the new players were in a separate mentoring section thing were you sign up separately and get formed into teams. You played in the thing that is open to everybody. I guess the title isn't very clear, but it wouldn't let me edit it. I made a post about what you entered into on the second or third page.

Anyways sorry if it wasn't what you expected. One of your matches got casted though, you guys did okay.
-Insane Clown Posee

I AM THE MOJOE!!!
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Ny team Pink, Chedars, Lexi, Cypher, slush and some otters Got our ass kicked and it just turnes into a slaughter
I thought this was gonna be non serious