A few words regarding in-game harassment...

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Dangit Spongebobby!

Re: A few words regarding in-game harassment...

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 am

Porky wrote:
pinkle wrote:how.. tasteless our conversations can be at times lol
I find most of the "discussions" we have on J2 now are "forced" out of people. It's not natural like how it used to be. People just come on and just start talking gibberish and try really hard to come up with a topic to talk about.
I haven't been around as long, but I know what you mean. I don't typically yell at any of the kids that come onto the server, but its that kind of thing that really annoys me about some of the folks that play with us - Without naming names, its not just the kids. They view the microphone as their own personal soapbox and almost never stop talking. Even when no one else is joining in on the conversation

They don't give anyone else a chance to get a word in edgewise. It really sucks when you're trying to use voicechat for game-related communications and your voice is drowned out by that one guy performing his epic pokemon monologue, or as I like to call them, pokelogue.

Whats worse is that when there aren't admins on to moderate this kind of behavior, people will definitely take advantage of the mic. I will name one name just as an example - Willbob. I wish I had a recording of it, but the other day he was spamming the hell out of the mic (as usual) and people were complaining about it (as usual). It was just random "wacky" bullshit such as "Which marvel villain would you have sex with?" and "Red Team's Little Sister is very cute! I saw a photo of her!*" And he was saying "Well there isn't an admin on so theres nothing you can do about it hahaha!"

*Personally I believe he was saying this because RTLS was not online. He's too scared to say something like that when the admins are around. Willbob if you read this, that is creepy as fuck.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:50 am

Typically because of said Chatty Cathys I can never get a word in edgewise over the mic, especially if there's a ton of people just screaming for no reason. That's why I'm usually typing, which sometimes goes unnoticed. =/
Pocatello

Post by Pocatello » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:42 am

Maha wrote:Typically because of said Chatty Cathys I can never get a word in edgewise over the mic, especially if there's a ton of people just screaming for no reason. That's why I'm usually typing, which sometimes goes unnoticed. =/
Dangit Spongebobby! wrote:
Without naming names, its not just the kids. They view the microphone as their own personal soapbox and almost never stop talking. Even when no one else is joining in on the conversation

They don't give anyone else a chance to get a word in edgewise. It really sucks when you're trying to use voicechat for game-related communications and your voice is drowned out by that one guy performing his epic pokemon monologue...
I feel the same way.

Hard to get a word in with all of the chatter.
-----------
TF2 name: Durka Durka Durka
-----------
Avvatar wrote:I know who you're talking about, Adam. But also cannot remember his name for the life of me. I want to say Pocatello but I'm nearly positive that's me misspelling the name of some other admin with poor grammar.
Parasyte wrote:I'm satisfying myself right now just thinking about Avanti.
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm

I am sorry. Half of what Pork brought up (probably even more) is referring to what I have done in the past. My cursing is not serious at all, but it is tasteless. I would love nothing more for tf4 to become a better place and if what I do is counter productive to that then I am ashamed. Thank you Pork for bringing this to attention. I joined here a little before 2013 and remember fondly the conversations y'all had. It just isn't the same anymore. I insult a lot of you, but I love you all just the same.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote: But really, I'd just like to point out that nobody has posted asking for an unban since April. If you all feel so strongly about it, then maybe we could let the hammer fall a bit, ESPECIALLY since summer has started, just to kinda say "SEETHATSHITDONTDOTHAT" to everyone else
This is what I said back in June, when Pork made that thread about Mic Spam, and I still stand by this opinion today. The only people requesting Unbans are people who teamkill. Now i hate to be one to complain, but the admins overall have really been slacking, and not just because there's some annoying kids talking too much. Ammo Baba has a disturbing and very gory spray he keeps putting up, and I dont know our rules regarding sprays, but this is pretty bad, and he should at least be made to change it . There was also someone who had his name as "(Other Player whose name i forget) is a (Bitch/ Pussy/ other mean thing)." The admin told him this was stepping over the line, and changed his name to "Meanie", but shortly after he changed it back to" (Other player) is a PUSSY". Haven't seen him in the unban thread either.

But if were just talking about the aforementioned annoying kids who Micspam, then why dont we just mute them? The admins seem to have the opinion that if you don't like listening to them, you should mute them yourself. Well why dont the admins just mute them for everyone? Are they just not sure, after pages and pages of thread after thread complaining about this on the forums, and the people ACTIVELY ASKING TO HAVE THIS PERSON MUTED, that maybe people want to listen to a twelve year old talk about how much they want Dr. Who in Smash Bros or some shit? I'm not asking you to ban all the talkative children, but could you at least take a more active role and just mute them, and tell them "WHOA BRO YO BRO CALM DOWN BRO". They arent as stupid as you think they are, if you restrain them to text chat for a map or two, then they might learn their lesson.

TL;DR BAN CHEDDARS FOR MICSPAM HE TALKS SO MUCH UGH
Last edited by Sanvich Hoovy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Texasbabymunch

Post by Texasbabymunch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 pm

I talk on the microphone a fair bit, but I personally feel as though I have never stepped over these boundaries. I try not to "scream" or say weird and random shit. I mostly just try to add to interesting conversations, or I laugh at silly shit. IRL I have been told I can be annoying, so that is why in game I am always sensitive not to step over that boundary. No one has called me out, but I feel that if you see someone being an ass the only way they are going to learn is if you call them out. I know that is harsh, but I would love to be called out because it alert me if I am being annoying or not.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198046794931]Image[/url]
Texasbabymunch

Post by Texasbabymunch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:listen to a twelve year old talk about how much they want Dr. Who in Smash Bros
haha
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198046794931]Image[/url]
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Willbob and Ammo Bamo have been trolling lately...

Willbob's spray is a photo of hippie and me.. I get that stuff like that is a "risk" you take when you post pics of yourself publicly online. .. just saying its kiiiinda creepy and he was reeeeeally annoying in the sever the other night :/ hippie had to tell him to get out of my way so I could build my sentry....that kind of thing ugh
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:43 pm

pinkle wrote:Willbob and Ammo Bamo have been trolling lately...

Willbob's spray is a photo of hippie and me.. I get that stuff like that is a "risk" you take when you post pics of yourself publicly online. .. just saying its kiiiinda creepy and he was reeeeeally annoying in the sever the other night :/ hippie had to tell him to get out of my way so I could build my sentry....that kind of thing ugh
Wut?
Last time i checked wilibobs spray was himself with a pokemon hat on
Hippie of doom
My bullets love your face!
<font color=#94008a>My bullets love your face!</font>

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 pm

GustavG wrote:

Wut?
Nope as of last weekend it is a pic of pinkle and myself. As for this "gory" spray. I have not seen it yet and if/when i do i will deal with it.
Im not random. i just think faster then you.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Hippie of doom wrote:
GustavG wrote:

Wut?
Nope as of last weekend it is a pic of pinkle and myself. As for this "gory" spray. I have not seen it yet and if/when i do i will deal with it.
If it's the spray I thinking of, he says it's a really elaborate cake.

Though I think an admin saw it and told him to stop spraying it already.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Anyone who just owned up to being a dick needs a temp ban. This is why I don't play on tf4 anymore the whole server is trash now. A lot of the people on tf4 are assholes now and intolerant. Before we were all dicks to each other but it was understood. People knew who they could poke and who they couldn't but since The Locals everyone thinks the way to get popular is to come in and be a dick. And admins in my opinion are way to lenient. If I had it my way I would create 10 Tehenemys and let them admin. Cause he didn't put up with shit like all the tf2 admins do now. Pork Bun is right it's what tf4 has become and it is the culture of the server.

I remember a few weeks ago I went into mumble and was just being annoying to some people playing terria or starbound idk. Prolix got sick of it and kicked me. Completely warranted. I don't see why our tf2 admins can't do that. But anyone who harasses someone especially a younger player should be at least temp banned, this isn't xbox live you dicks.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Ian7 wrote:Anyone who just owned up to being a dick needs a temp ban. This is why I don't play on tf4 anymore the whole server is trash now. A lot of the people on tf4 are assholes now and intolerant. Before we were all dicks to each other but it was understood. People knew who they could poke and who they couldn't but since The Locals everyone thinks the way to get popular is to come in and be a dick. And admins in my opinion are way to lenient. If I had it my way I would create 10 Tehenemys and let them admin. Cause he didn't put up with shit like all the tf2 admins do now. Pork Bun is right it's what tf4 has become and it is the culture of the server.

I remember a few weeks ago I went into mumble and was just being annoying to some people playing terria or starbound idk. Prolix got sick of it and kicked me. Completely warranted. I don't see why our tf2 admins can't do that. But anyone who harasses someone especially a younger player should be at least temp banned, this isn't xbox live you dicks.
OMFG SHUT UP IAN7. j/k I am far from lenient. You have not played in the server with me in a while or you would know this. If i ever catch wind of anyone being lame i have no problem telling them to stop and or kicking/banning them. When ever i am in, its usually not that bad at all other than the mic spamming which i deal with with text and verbal warning. I think it stems from having multiple admins in game at the same time. They may think that the other admins that are in the server will take care of it. I will be in the server tonight dropping the hammer as much as possible. Come play with me Ian7. I miss your ass in the server.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Ian7 wrote:since The Locals everyone thinks the way to get popular is to come in and be a dick.
Yep, pretty much sums it all up. xD

They think what they say is all witty and funny, when it's totally the opposite.
Hippie of doom

Post by Hippie of doom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Porky wrote:
Ian7 wrote:since The Locals everyone thinks the way to get popular is to come in and be a dick.
Yep, pretty much sums it all up. xD

They think what they say is all witty and funny, when it's totally the opposite.
Well that shit WILL NOT be happening on my watch.