Post by GustavG » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Ded shit Ded game
I will be in Rust
FM113
Scientific Engineer
<b><font color=#ff0000>Scientific Engineer</font></b>

Re: do people still play minecraft?

Post by FM113 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:00 pm

I do play, but mostly modded singleplayer. When servers shift back to bukkit I have an 8 bit computer in mind. Other than that, Minecraft doesn't seem very popular lately (In general).
kingfishy419 wrote:reece no i dont i want my shit back though i got it legit and i want it back.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, you're welcome here.
Putting mirrors in the sun for everyone fighting on the dark side; yelling: long live diversity.
Denmark
Tony Wong
Some Asian Guy

Post by Tony Wong » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:14 pm

:cry: ... I really did... I still go on from time to time though to do a build or two.

Maybe a single medium sized PvE survival world with "mob griefing" off and "keep inventory upon death" on, a protected creative build area near spawn for trusted players, a private channel/build zone for roleplayers and a PvP arena would help bring back at least the regulars that played here?

But probably these ideas have already been done before and I'm just lonely on J2 MC server... :sadasfuck:
FEESHSTEEKS!!!
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Ya, me and the old crafties have been playing Starbound. It's pretty dead. I mean, we could try and organize something, but we crafties don't know how to mumble, only Skype.
Also, I left minecraft for three months, and when I came back, it was dead... Any ideas what happened?
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I only watch other people play Minecraft. I do still wanna do the Building Game, but it's so hard to get 7 people online at once... :x
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:Also, I left minecraft for three months, and when I came back, it was dead... Any ideas what happened?
it died
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Yep. New patch coming soon that looks awesome. Slime blocks.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 pm

I've been on other servers with FTB packs on it, they always have at least 25 people on, so that's where I go.
Overall, Minecraft itself died a while ago, there aren't a lot of vanilla servers that still have a strong playerbase (besides the minigames servers with 2000+ people on it).
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 pm

People still play, just not on the j2 server.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Rayray25849 wrote:I've been on other servers with FTB packs on it, they always have at least 25 people on, so that's where I go.
Overall, Minecraft itself died a while ago, there aren't a lot of vanilla servers that still have a strong playerbase (besides the minigames servers with 2000+ people on it).
If you want to have fun in minecraft nowadays, you need to download modpacks. Currently I'm playing on a modpack with 200+ mods, and the server I'm on is nothing but mature players
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Copter

Post by Copter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 am

Eh I get on occasionally to play some single player or mini-games or something like that. Really the only reason I played was because of the J2 servers. With those down I've been playing more console.
marbear wrote:I was reading my horoscope this morning and it told me I hate you
Rish
I get more pussy than a litterbox

Post by Rish » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 pm

do we revive it or do we wait for a revolution?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Just download some of the modpacks that add new stuff, like Industrialcraft, Gregtech, Galacticraft, etc
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
dillboss5

Post by dillboss5 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:01 am

(First of all, yes I'm still here >_>)
Vanilla Minecraft is essentially quite boring. Once the end is conquered, what else is there to do? Factions in impractical due to that the obvious issue where it just becomes one overlord faction that is impossible to raid because it has so much power and lives inside of an obsidian box.
PvP-free survival (i.e: Mc3) is fun for a little while, but then it turns boring as after you've built your giant temple made out of various ore blocks, and it is lit up purely by beacons, it just becomes abandoned.
PvP Survival (i.e: Mc4) is probably the best of the current three, in some opinions. As there no protection system like in Factions, it means that even the greatest overlord faction can be toppled, with a bit of good timing. It also means that people have to find good places to hide their base, which means people have to venture out. This, however, is a disadvantage as you just get people who literally hug the map edge.
Finally there is creative building. (Do I really need to?) This is one of the ones that is pretty medium in length of life. People play it, build, build more and then get tired. Or, god forbid, Roleplayers migrate into the server and force out the remaining builders with their annoying chat spam.
Towns is pretty useful, as it goes by money and people, meaning overlord towns take longer, but all it takes is someone to go take over the end, and build a enderman grinder for pearls to sell. But this could be countered by making enderpearls worthless.

Overall, Vanilla minecraft has issues and is pretty boring. If Joe.to prehaps pulled out the vanilla servers and replaced them with modded servers, i.e: Voltz, FTB, or some kind of mod pack survival, it could bring in new players, (as lets face it, how many people play modded servers now, compaired to vanilla servers?) or perhaps bring back old players, who've grown bored of the servers.

Joe.to was fun at one point, but what makes joe.to stand out from the crowd now? As with youtube, there's a lot of noise. To be popular, you've got to have something that makes you stand out above the crowd. Be it Minigames, like some servers or Hunger Games like some other servers. Vanilla servers are abundant. Anyone can make a vanilla server, so what apart from good hosting and reasonably no lag, makes Joe.to stand out? And lets be honest, the community isn't exactly a selling point.

To sum up, we should really have modded servers. Let the discussion and inevitable arguments begin.
Just for all you meme lovers;
VIEW CONTENT: