Dark Souls for PC or Console?

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
GustavG

Dark Souls for PC or Console?

Post by GustavG » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:55 pm

For the past month i have been thinking what platform i should buy Dark Souls for
Some people have said pc course "Mah Graphs" While others have said console course the control for PC sucks apparently
Personaly i dont care to much for graphs as long that the game fuctions well and i can play it i am cool with it. Graphs dont have to look to bad horrible though
So what should i buy course my birthday is comming up soon
Tzeryushi

Re: Dark Souls for PC or Console?

Post by Tzeryushi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Get a joypad and get it on pc. You can extend the life of the game with mods and the online community is much more active. It also goes on sale often and you get the dlc for free.
\ˈ(t)ser-yü-shē\
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Tzeryushi wrote:Get a joypad and get it on pc. You can extend the life of the game with mods and the online community is much more active. It also goes on sale often and you get the dlc for free.
I forgot to mention my pc is not the best when it comes to run games with grahps
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:44 pm

GustavG wrote:
Tzeryushi wrote:Get a joypad and get it on pc. You can extend the life of the game with mods and the online community is much more active. It also goes on sale often and you get the dlc for free.
I forgot to mention my pc is not the best when it comes to run games with graphs
I know how you feel, my rig runs excel at like only 25 fps
Last edited by Sanvich Hoovy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Both sides of this have pros and cons. I personally prefer playing it on my pc, after having had it for both console and pc. DSfix really helps bring a lot more stability to the multiplayer on pc and i prefer only having to use on device for my gaming purposes. It goes on steam sale quite often and comes with the dlc so pc is def cheaper. if youre worried about running it well then just do what i do for all my games and turn all of the settings down. I HATE lag and do as much as i can to avoid it. If you dont have a controller to hook up to your pc then get it on console, cause the keyboard controls are crap and the timing feels really off. if you have a controller for your pc use it and it basically the same thing.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Get it on pc, rather than console ,but you are gonna need a controller (personal experience using the mouse)

Pros

Looks better
Runs better
Loads Faster (good thing in a game where you die a lot)
You can use a controller
Dlc included
Easier to find/summon people
It's cheaper

Cons

You might have to install a quick 3rd party patch to resolve the fixed aspect ratio and resolution
Sometimes summoning would fail due to ping differences and the game trying to keep a stable connection
Ps3 is known to drop the support of their multiplayer games killing the game completely regardless of how popular they are , i.e Metal Gear Online
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
GustavG

Post by GustavG » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:07 am

Welp too late bought it for PS3
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:13 am

GustavG wrote:Welp too late bought it for PS3
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."