League of Legends

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Re: League of Legends

Post by loafozard » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Its not so much you as it is the other team. Rejuv bead on draven doesn't make any sense along with the wardens mail on varus. It seems like you're playing against people who probably don't know how to build their champions. You on the other hand built all the stuff that i would have started with on annie minus the codex, unless you were looking in to rushing a deathfire.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Or, you know, good job Woona!

Seriously though, building right and using the right summoner spells is important no matter what level you're playing at. Your team building one wrong item can lose you the game, especially at higher levels of play. The earlier this is learned the better off you'll be.
The only negative impact I can imagine is that you might faceroll everyone constantly, having it put you at a higher MMR, and then having to play with a bunch of smurfs.
So far though as long as you're doing better than everyone else at your level, you're doing great!

I think I've posted it before but my summoner name is Iguru San, if you want to play together just send me a friend request
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
Woona

Post by Woona » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:18 pm

at least planeswalker knows how to compliment and give advice on my performance. again I havent played LoL since halfway into the year and then just never went back. Im finding myself going back to it more often now and i'll take any critique and advice i can get to help improve.
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 pm

From what i can gauge from the final scoreboard is that you outclass your opponents when it comes to how you build and how you play(guessing on the play part). You should be playing with people at a higher level since you're doing so well. The experience getting to level thirty is designed to be a learning process that prepares you for level thirty play. Most people don't get this and just goof around against bots until they hit thirty, which doesn't prepare them at all. Playing against weak opponents doesn't make you a better player, but instead reinforces the idea that you shouldn't have to change the way you play. Failing is an inherent process to getting better in games like LoL, kinda like dying repeatedly in super mario bros. 2.

Im not saying you're a bad player or anything, I'm saying that you're good enough to move on to the next level of play instead of constantly playing against people who aren't as good as you.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 am

Season 4 ranked reset is here, and I just completed my ten placement matches. What do you guys think of the "different" way they made everyone play with people above and below their division?
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
vxi

Post by vxi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 am

I lost my first ranked since the reset, it was a 70~ minute game, and I'm nervous about doing any more.
What's different with the matchmaking?
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:03 am

They are trying to do a better team matching method where it will divy up the skilled players on each team so you play with people above your level and below it.
Cypher_

Post by Cypher_ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Nothing is different with matchmaking, its exactly the same as last season.

Riot did a soft reset, so after your placements you'll be somewhere around your mmr from previous season, probably a division or two lower.

There are a few cases where plat and diamond players are being placed in bronze/silver, but this is the result of them decaying or having low mmrs in general.
Draupniro

Post by Draupniro » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:13 am

so uh, i lost 3 of my placement matches and ended up higher then i did in s3... woo mmr (i was gold 5 last season, now i'm gold 4)
MineCraft username: Draupniro
Steam name: TheDuckening
LeagueOfLegends name: TheDuckening
Estroy wrote:Fuck, got owned by draup.
<j2server_mc2> <Pennoy999> <ADMIN> You sexeh individual :L
Anatidaephobia
The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Confirmed EU West mmr padding. Cheeserocks is actually Plat 4 according to NA mmr.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
vxi

Post by vxi » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:10 am

I lost only one more game than I did last season and got placed 2 divisions lower than last season. Also, I actually moved up from the division I was placed in last season, so I don't know why it thinks I need to be placed lower this time. Doesn't make any sense.
CheeseRocks

Post by CheeseRocks » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:28 am

dantesus wrote:Confirmed EU West mmr padding. Cheeserocks is actually Plat 4 according to NA mmr.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm officially now known as "Dingus Rumple" in league now.

/all worth
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:03 am

DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:15 pm

narwal wrote:I'm officially now known as "Dingus Rumple" in league now.

/all worth
its been a few weeks and my mind still hasn't comprehended the fact that your username is dingus rumple