Introducing: The new J2 RPG Server

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
diego96
War-Chief

Introducing: The new J2 RPG Server

Post by diego96 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:41 pm

The J2 Minecraft Admin Team is proud to present

The new J2 RPG

To join, just log in on our server (mc.joe.to) and start your adventure!

We've been working tirelessly for weeks now to bring you the new RPG server.

What will you find in the new server:
Lots of new things. Firstly, we got a fully new huge map full of awesome biomes and an amazing spawn, ready to be discovered. With lots of new features like Traders, Questers, exploration, skills, classes, parties, General Store, amazing quest lores, player vaults and the most important, a monetary system.
Everything an RPG server need we got it. Up next, some basic information that you'll find useful to get started.

Traders
Throughout the whole city, you will find a variety of stores and NPC's that sell lots of items. From basic blocks, to the most rare and expensive items the server could have. All these items must be bought using the in-game currency. So for example you want to go buy some diamonds. You just go to the store that sells them and click on the item. Thats it! Sometimes it will open another window where you can buy different amounts of that same item.

General Store
Its quite simple. We got a massive selling store, or as we call it, The General Store were people can sell only certain items. For example, you just get the item you want to sell in your inventory, go to the General Store, and click on the sign with the item the store is buying. So you will sell the item to the store and in exchange you will get money. Of course if you want a items to be added to the store, feel free to post a topic on the minecraft forums and say in a 2-3 sentences why you want that item to be added to the store.
To get to the store, simply type /warp Shops.

NEW: Player Trading System
We just added the Player Trading System. With the feature, anyone can sell stuff server wide. What it does it that players can now create offers of their items they want to sell or buy. For example, you can sell your diamonds. So you just create a selling offer, indicating that you selling diamonds, how many you selling, and finally its price. So when other players are looking to buy diamonds, they just browse the offers or look up for certain item, and he is able to see if there is any offer of that item they need and if they can afford it. It basically works as a Exchange System. As always, you can use the General Store to sell certain items, and buy certain items from the NPC's, because sometimes they got better selling/buying prices. Now, these are some important commands you need to know:
VIEW CONTENT:
Your basic Trading Commands:
/buy <args> - Create a buy offer
/sell <args> - Create a sell offer
/collect - Collect the items/money in your Collection Box
/empty <name> - Empty someone's collection box
/add <num> <amount> - Add items to an offer
/take <num> <amount> - Take items from an offer
/price <num> <newprice> - Change an offer's price
/remove <num> - Remove an offer
/ad <num> - Advertise an offer
/offers <args> - See the available offers
/myoffers <args> - See your own offers
/history - See your trading history
/history <name> - See someone's trading history
/prev, /next, /first, /last, /page <num> - Navigate
VIEW CONTENT:
Arguments
Where you read <args> above, it can be in the following form:
IN ANY ORDER, provide the following arguments in:
i:<item>, for example i:50, i:lapislazuli or i:diamondsword:fireprotection5
a:<amount>, for example a:10
p:<price>, for example p:5 or p:3.70
n:<num>, for an offer number, for example n:1073 for offer #1073
o:<ownername>, for the name of the owner of an offer, for example o:cheeseguy55
/buy, for buy offers
/sell, for sell offers
FOR EXAMPLE: /buy i:lapislazuli a:10 p:17.5
VIEW CONTENT:
Extra Information
You can leave out i and use this for the item in your hand, for example /sell this p:100
(The default amount is 1)
To buy 10 items from the sell offer with number #51, type: /buy #51 10
You can put the amount first too, this is the EASIEST way of writing: /buy 5 cobblestone 3.5
To search for all offers of certain items, you can do /offers (item name), for example /offers emerald
Questers
Questers will play an important role in the server. They will be the ones that will provide most of your money and sometimes items rewards. You will start making your quests, and the more quests you complete, the harder the next ones will be. Each time you complete a quest, you will get for default a quest point. You may get from 1-5 quest point depending on the quest difficulty and length. As you earn more quest points, you will be able to unlock more quests for you to complete and better rewards. You will know if an NPC has a quest for you because there will be a Note/Musical Symbol on his head. Just be sure you have the Particles Option set to All. New quest will mostly be added every week, so you guys will have extra stuff and new adventures.
The main command for Quests is /quests

Skills and Classes
Since this is an RPG server, is a must to have skills and classes. As you join the server, you can chose between 1 of the 4 main classes. Each time you reach the maximum level for that class, you'll be able to progress to the next level. For example, your a Warrior, and when you reach level 40, you'll be able to upgrade your class to a Knight, and when you reach level 60 with the knight, you'll be able to upgrade your class to a Paladin, until you finally reach the final level of 90.
For the skills, each class has unique skills. As you advance your level, you'll gain more Health and Mana, plus you'll earn Skill Points that you can spend on upgrading your skills, and making yourself a more powerful player.
The main command for skills and classes is /class

NEW! Clan System
It's finally here. We just updated the server and incorporated the new Clan System to the RPG. This new system lets players create clans and have their own bases and clan home. Yes!, now you can do /clan home. Basically, these clan system is the same as the factions plugin, but with some little changes. First of all, you may not claim land for your clan. This is because we don't want any clan being unraidable. But don't be sad, if your clan is being raided, your clan leader can teleport all the members of his clan to the home, and therefore, avoid or fight the other players raiding you. Another feature that this system has is the ability of making allies, enemies, being in war with another clan, leader boards, bulletining board, clan roster, clan members coordinates, clan kills, clan stats, K/D clan ratio, clan color tags, and many more.
So basically, how you start a clan. Well, just join the server and do /clan create. After you create your clan you must verify it by doing /clan verify, so you must pay $10k to verify your clan and gain access to all the clan commands, otherwise, unverified clans will be removed in 2 days. Once you verify you clan, you will have all clan commands to start and manage your own clan. Note that inactive verified clans will be removed after 7 days. And finally, inactive players will lose their data after 30 days of inactivity. THIS DAYS MAY CHANGE.
VIEW CONTENT:
Extra Stuff
Basically, all the commands are similar to the factions ones. If you want to give a moderator status to one of your clan members, so they can gain more access to the clan commands, like edit bulletin boards, you just to /clan trust (playername). You may also set ranks to your members, and have your own clan rank system. To set up ranks, just do /clan setrank (Player) (Rank).
NOTE: For a clan member to do /clan home he must be a clan trusted member. So clan leader, be sure to trust your clan members.
For more information about the Clan System and the commands, the main command you need to imput in-game is: /clan

Player Vaults
Since there is no claiming system, players or groups bases CAN be raidable. Player Vaults is a feature that we added so players can have their own private chest, more like an enderchest but with less size. We don't want people storing all their armors, weapons, valuables in an enderchest and avoiding other from getting their stuff is they get raided. You may only have 18 spaces in your vault, so be sure what items you want to store in it. In the near future, you will be able to pay in-game money for an extra vault, but that feature is still on development.
The main command for player vaults is /pv

Monetary System
The game is based on a monetary system. All items need to be bought using money, and you get money rewards, and some times a item rewards, but for default, you will get money. Since we wanted a fair game, where all players have the same chance of killing others, we block the crafting of diamond tools, weapons, and armor and also the crafting of an enchanting table. That way, all players will have the same chances in-game. Of course, we got diamond equipment and enchantments on the game, but simply you will need to work and play to be able to get them. They are some of the most expensive items a player can buy in the game, so you must make or lots of quests or kill lots of mobs or players to be able to buy these items. Of course, all the diamonds you get from mining, we suggest you sell them, cause they function as a way to keep money stored, and they got one of the highest selling prices in-game. My suggestion, get diamonds, sell them, buy diamond equipment and enchantments. Of course you can also sell all the stuff you get in the General Store, but that's up to you guys.
The main command for the monetary system is /money

Extra Stuff
There is no factions, that way no player or group will be unraidable or will have an advantage over the other players.
TNT and Creeper explosions are ON.
You can do /spawn and /warp.
Don't waste your time getting eyes of ender to locate the end portal, there is already one in the map. What you must do is look for it.
Extra Content updates every week. (Quests mostly and bug fixes(if there are any))

Extra Content Planned
Npc Boss Fights!
Quests!
Clan system!
Double Exp Weekend!

And finally HAVE FUN!

----------------------------------------------------------
If you have any suggestions
If you think we can add anything or remove anything to make your gameplay more enjoyable, simply post a replay explaining what we need to add, remove or fix.
Future Stuff
Donators extras!
Much More!
Last edited by diego96 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Nothing to see here.
Sanvich Hoovy

Re: Introducing: The new J2 RPG Server

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:52 pm

This sounds really awesome, can't wait to try this out!
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

GustavG

Post by GustavG » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Sooooo you remove the old one and put a new one in
Rayray25849

Post by Rayray25849 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Sounds amazing! When will it be out of maintenance mode? Can't wait to get on.
Copter

Post by Copter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Rayray25849 wrote:Sounds amazing! When will it be out of maintenance mode? Can't wait to get on.
GustavG wrote:Sooooo you remove the old one and put a new one in
The temp server is gone, as we have an actual non temporary server up now. However it is down for maintenance as we want everyone to have the best experience possible. Check back in later for an update :)
marbear wrote:I was reading my horoscope this morning and it told me I hate you
kioshima897

Post by kioshima897 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

the chests from the mob spawners or ravines have enchanted books? because if it does you can just use an anvil instead of an enchanting table to get enchanted things
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:35 pm

I think some of them have, but you need to be lucky and be the first one to find the chest to get one. :P
Nothing to see here.
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Server is up. Hop to the server and start your adventure!
Nothing to see here.
ianws

Post by ianws » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 am

Ok here is my say on what I think about all of this. Why are we trading mcmmo for rpg and factions for just a straight up party system.

Neither one of these have any sort of "fair play". both take time to get a certain set of skills which in turn get you a certain edge vs other opponents pending if you spent more time on amassing xp on your class or in mcmmo case, skill. at least in mcmmo we removed all of the mechanics that had any effect in combat, all there was is resource gathering skills.

Now on the case of factions.
people will more than likely start building underground like it was vanilla PvP, and i honestly like building structures where i can see the entire unobstructed building.
I understand that some factions can get huge to a certain degree, but there are ways to deal with these factions when certain conditions occur.
plus the script/change or whatever where power was removed when people where not on for a certain amount of time forced players to keep on playing if they dint want to lose a chunk of land.

Correct me where im wrong or where tell me where your opinion lies on this, but I honestly hate the changes every time the server goes down and something is out of place.
I also understand this might be an attempt on something fresh and new but i prefer the method of adding on what is already there that has worked before.
asdfie

Post by asdfie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:44 am

I like it. I'm already level 3 and I have full iron.

Maybe in the future we could have group quests, basically you'd need to have, say 5 people in your party to be able to do the quest.
Not really sure how the party thing works but that'd be really cool.
You don't want to eat me, I taste like sweaty socks.
But there is one they fear.
In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin - Dragonborn!
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Will be jumping on this soon, very excited.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 pm

ianws wrote: Now on the case of factions.
people will more than likely start building underground like it was vanilla PvP, and i honestly like building structures where i can see the entire unobstructed building.
I understand that some factions can get huge to a certain degree, but there are ways to deal with these factions when certain conditions occur.
plus the script/change or whatever where power was removed when people where not on for a certain amount of time forced players to keep on playing if they dint want to lose a chunk of land.

Correct me where im wrong or where tell me where your opinion lies on this, but I honestly hate the changes every time the server goes down and something is out of place.
I also understand this might be an attempt on something fresh and new but i prefer the method of adding on what is already there that has worked before.
As for faction size and losing land,what could be done is have a set max power cap on any faction. If your faction only has 2 power and 20 or so users, it won't be long before they lose land. This encourages participation, limits size in both population and land size, and encourages building exposed structures through this next bit.
First, you need to decrease the reward for underground building. The main purpose is to limit visibility. Faction claimed land could be spotted with the faction map( /f map [on/off]). Making this map more extensive/ user friendly would make finding any faction a simple task. Now, for encouraging actuàlly building aboveground (to an extent), a simple plugin could require chests placed by players to be visible to the sky (which is in fact a block property). Factions had many capabilities that could have been better implemented, however I can't say which I like better yet.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Updated first post. Added new features!
Nothing to see here.
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Diego, resurrector of J2 MC.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 pm

So the server has been really fun so far, but there are just a few things I wanted to ask about.
The /pt toggle isn't working, and that can get really irritating at times, so I was wondering what the status on that was.
When I traveled through a nether portal, I discovered that my portal was floating 50m above miles of lava. There were also floating mushrooms everywhere. Is this a glitch going to be fixed?
Picture for reference: Image (Bedrock is the ceiling of the Nether)
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."