Ideas For Items In Upper & Lower Shops [RPG]

Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
-Angry_Squid-

Ideas For Items In Upper & Lower Shops [RPG]

Post by -Angry_Squid- » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:07 pm

I think that we should be able to give our different ideas for items to be put into the shops in the spawn city. They are just ideas, and I don't expect anything in this post to truly be added to the shops, but I figured that I may as well try. What could go wrong.

First, I would like to see Monster spawners be purchasable. Possibly located in the "Mystery Egg" shop that is in Under city. I personally think a reasonable price would be 150-200K. Maybe more if you like. I thought of this when my dark room mob spawner decided it didn't want to work, and I couldn't get it to spawn anything. I just had an idea and after a huge argument about ideas going on forums today between an Admin and a Hacker, I figured this was the best place to notify others of my ideas.

If anyone would like to add anything, feel free. Don't just say: "I want redstone lamps to be 5K" or something like that. Say what you think should be purchasable, how much you think it should cost you, where you think it should be purchasable, and why you think that. Thanks for reading my post.

TL;DR: Read the post -_-
diego96
War-Chief

Re: Ideas For Items In Upper & Lower Shops [RPG]

Post by diego96 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:00 pm

About the Monster spawners, idk if it possible to add those to the shops. I'll let you know if its possible to add them to the shops, otherwise, not.
About the ideas of new items, feel free to post ideas, and I'll see if its possible to add them in-game.
Nothing to see here.
ripto98

Post by ripto98 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:45 pm

They should add bedrock so we can spam it everywhere.

Just kidding. In all seriousness though, about the monster spawners; While it would be cool to add them, I'm not sure. There are some already OP people on the server (not going to name anyone), and if they were to have say, 4 mob spawners in a square leading to 1 central room, their XP would be unending. Also block spam.
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Also, it would be easy to add 10 mob spawners in a person's base. Yes, the point is to raid others, and survive, but that seems a little over the top. Like Ripto said, they're some really op people, and buying 10 of them wouldn't be hard to do. I mean, 1 creeper spawner could fuck up a base real bad. Just seems a little op.
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:37 am

Just make them expensive as ALL HELL?
Like 2 million each for the /cheap/ ones.
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Spawners are a problem, cause they can only be configure by command, so basically, if you want a spawner, an admin will need to spawn it for you in the place you want it to be. So no spawner selling, for now.
Nothing to see here.
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 pm

I've played on servers where you had to set the type of spawner yourself when placed, but if you mined the spawner with a Silk Touch pick (which you can't do anymore) you could pick it up and it was the same type when you placed it down again.
Would there be any way to, say, have it so that we can buy spawners from the shop for a set price (say 1 million) and then when setting the creature type (using commands) it would check your balance before setting the type, and if you had enough it would deduct that (say 1 million for a creeper spawner), and if you didn't have enough it would tell you. Is this possible?
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
diego96
War-Chief

Post by diego96 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 pm

If we find a plugin that works like that, it should be possible, but we don't have one atm.
Nothing to see here.