Discussion relating to Minecraft and Minecraft servers
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

J2 RPG Server - Place Compendium

Post by vxi » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am

If you haven't read this post yet, read this:
VIEW CONTENT:
So I'm not sure if this will be taken down for advertising (an item in-game), but I wanted to post this here for a couple of reasons which I will hopefully make understood in this post.
I've had some experience with the new server. Definitely less than many of the users who have been playing it, but still some. You have to go back and forth sometimes, looking for where you're supposed to turn in that one quest. After going back and forth maybe a hundred times, I've become more familiar with the place and where certain shops are, but at some points I had to wander around for about 15 minutes before actually finding the place I was looking for. Don't get me wrong, I love the city and it's great to see all the views, but it gets a little bit tiring after you've had to sprint jump down the same red brick road for the fifth time looking for one shop.
No, this isn't a post to complain or get anyone to change anything, like I said in the first line it's somewhat of an advertisement, but really I'm writing this because I want to make the product that I'm selling more understood, because if I saw it in the shop I wouldn't trust it.

I may not be the first, but I started compiling coordinates of the different shops so that I wouldn't have to search for them every time (I don't have the best coordination when it comes to big cities). With this compilation of coordinates has been created a book that I've dubbed (maybe temporarily) the 'Place Compendium'. It's got two sections, 'Under' and 'Upper', for (you guessed it) the two parts of the city. In each section are the coordinates of all of the different shops, houses, pretty much anything with a sign on it that I could find.
Using this book you can easily navigate the city with just a couple of page flips, rather than having to wander around aimlessly until you find it, and I've done the job for you of taking down the information so that you don't have to!

Anyway, if I can figure out how, I'll be putting the Place Compendium in the shop.
Here are a couple of deals that should make it even more attractive:
1. If the place you were looking for isn't in the Place Compendium I'll give you a full refund! (This doesn't include places that currently have no use, because then you could just look for a sign on a building that isn't in the book)
2. I'll pay you for every place you find (including the coordinates) that isn't already in the book (This does include places that have no use)
3. When a new copy comes out you'll get it for free or a fraction of the original price (depending on how many new copies I have to end up making)

To get these extra things you'll have to message me with the information just so that I can keep track of it all.

Right now the price of it is 2000, which I thought was fair. It's about two easy quests, and if you end up finding some buildings that aren't in the Place Compendium you can even make your money back, or turn a profit!
Here are all of the locations that are in the most recently released copy of the book, the names are the same as what I used in the book, and for space reasons may not be what's on the actual sign. Buy the book for all of the coordinates: (New additions are in orange) (Page number before location)
VIEW CONTENT:
Under
1-Vestrii Glass
1-Ore and Ingot
1-Rantzs Writing
1-Sebastian's Records
1-Oddestain's House
2-Empty Houses
2-Drakula's Mansion
2-Wiskit's and Zambo's
2-'The Mill' Tools
2-Mysterious Eggs
2-Fluffy Puffy Bakery
3-Patrick House
3-The Furnaces
3-Graveyard
3-Harrison Jones' House
3-KetMej Pub

Upper
4-Aggie's Wool Dyes
4-Meat and Fish
4-Aga's Seed Supplies
4-Who's Medical Center
4-Special Event Store
5-Library
5-Wise Old Man Library
5-Enchantment Store
5-Fruits & Vegetable
5-House Interiors
5-Sir Anthony's House
6-Flower Shop
6-Potion Ingredients
6-Fakespear Theater
6-Trading Company
When people find places to add I will post them here before there's a new edition of the book out so that you don't get your hopes up by buying a copy and then finding a place that's already been found. Early bird gets the worm.
VIEW CONTENT:
Nothing new to add yet, but there are definitely places missing. Get hunting!
I'm going to sell outdated copies of the book for the minimum price, new copies will still be 2000$.
I realized that people could have bought the old copies for 0.1$ and sold them back to me for 2000$. Oops. Removing the old copies from the shop altogether.
I'm buying the old copies in the shop for 2000$ (full refund, since a new one came out).
I also realized that people could have made copies of the old book and then sold the copies back to me for 2000$, so if you want a refund you'll have to come to me personally for it. Good thing I have a more exploitascious mind than most people.

Book version names: (Orange is most recent)
-Place Compendium
-vxi's Places v2
I'll keep the offer numbers posted here: #29
To keep scammers from trying to make counterfeit versions of the book and selling them
Last edited by vxi on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 17 times in total.
diego96
War-Chief

Re: J2 RPG Server - Place Compendium

Post by diego96 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:57 pm

This sound like a cool idea. I was planning to make a map of the city showing all the shops and quest points, but that's something that takes time, and won't be finished soon. So for now, I'll stick with vxi idea. Btw, thanks for making this book.
Nothing to see here.
vxi
Knight of the Hokey Pokey
<b>Knight of the Hokey Pokey</b>

Post by vxi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm just happy to help people find their way around the city, I make little to no profit from selling them when you include refunds and making new copies without having sold all of the ones I already made. Anyway, after I check online whether anyone has found any new places other than the ones listed here I'll be making a new copy (tonight) so don't get too impatient :>

EDIT:
New copy of the book out, and the main post has been refined and updated :>
"And if you zoom in you can see they actually built something right there at the end of their travels. Awesome." -Avvatar
asdfie

Post by asdfie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:22 pm

The book's great. It has helped me a lot, because Vxi didn't pay me to write this
I've found a lot of new stuff because of it.

Buy my book! #64
You don't want to eat me, I taste like sweaty socks.
But there is one they fear.
In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin - Dragonborn!