Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bloodcrow

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by bloodcrow » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:28 pm

I wholeheartedly support Pork Bun on this. Without prefix, without condition and without reservation.

Willbob, while i recognize that people often adapt an online persona that doesn't exactly reflect who they are in life, you have a profound lack of understanding boundaries and moires that defy normalcy. If it were 4chan type of shock and creep, i would get that- but it's not.

Do as you will, Willbob, but if you behave in real life as you have on .j2, i hope you can spend some time with a professional and have them evaluate you. You can use the insight and observations of a professional. I think you mean well for what it's worth- but the way you go about it is... uncomfortable for everyone but you.
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
Tzeryushi

Post by Tzeryushi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 am

loafozard wrote:Can we just stop? He's Banned. He's Not getting unbanned. No amount of posting or explaining is going to change that. Keep the thread on topic and not cluttered.
\ˈ(t)ser-yü-shē\
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:24 am

Tzeryushi wrote:
loafozard wrote:Can we just stop? He's Banned. He's Not getting unbanned. No amount of posting or explaining is going to change that. Keep the thread on topic and not cluttered.
It's related to his ban. Most who are posting are admins. You're keeping it alive by quoting and you don't have to read this.

We don't ban anyone without an explanation when they make an unban request.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:38 am

I've had to mute wilbob a couple times, believe it or not. Honestly I've never heard him use it correctly. Also he was very snarky towards me and my fake authority. So there you go.
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:09 am

I've also muted him a couple times. Another thing was that the mic spam didn't.... Well, make sense. He'd just spout random phrases at random times. Like I little while a go, he just randomly kept saying, "secrets secrets are no fun, unless you tell everyone," and other bs likes that. Oh, and was he also the guy that always sang really shitty poems?
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:57 pm

You're all just beating a dead horse now.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm

WillBob thinking we just want you gone, now your playing the victim. What you should be doing is instead reflecting on how you have behaved and how you might have made people feel when you said somethings online. That is, if your still reading this.

In any case...

SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Emerald Rage

Post by Emerald Rage » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Name : Emerald Rage
Server tf4.joe.to
Reason: TK + Evasion
There was a blizzard out and i was TKing people because my Melee kept swinging and wouldnt stop and then my internet and power weant out, so i didnt Evade on purpose Either
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Emerald Rage wrote:There was a blizzard out and i was TKing people because my Melee kept swinging and wouldnt stop and then my internet and power weant out, so i didnt Evade on purpose Either
Typically, a player will only be banned for team-killing if they do it repeatedly after multiple warnings and a kick. When you realized that your melee would not stop swinging, did you try walking AWAY from your teammates? Did you try switching to spectator, logging off, or restarting?

Point being, bans are not issued on the first offense and you would have had ample opportunity to try to resolve the problem or explain your situation to the admins. Did you?
Emerald Rage

Post by Emerald Rage » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Parasyte wrote:
Emerald Rage wrote:There was a blizzard out and i was TKing people because my Melee kept swinging and wouldnt stop and then my internet and power weant out, so i didnt Evade on purpose Either
Typically, a player will only be banned for team-killing if they do it repeatedly after multiple warnings and a kick. When you realized that your melee would not stop swinging, did you try walking AWAY from your teammates? Did you try switching to spectator, logging off, or restarting?

Point being, bans are not issued on the first offense and you would have had ample opportunity to try to resolve the problem or explain your situation to the admins. Did you?
I tried every thing but i kept lag-teleporting around the map, and then my Power weant out, i couldnt realy do much about it
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Emerald Rage wrote:I tried every thing but i kept lag-teleporting around the map
Ok, this answer does not jive with ANYTHING I asked. Let's try this again (keeping in mind the server logs will either support or refute your claims)...

Regardless of when your power went out, bans are not typically handed out on the first offense, so:

Were you warned?

Were you kicked before the ban?

Did you STOP joining a team or switch to spectator?

Did you try logging off and back on?

Did you try restarting the game?

Did you try talking to an admin?
Emerald Rage

Post by Emerald Rage » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:32 pm

I was not warned
I was not kicked
I never switched team or to spectator
It still would have reconized me leaving as evasion
It still would have reconized me leaving as evasion
Couldn't
jermm

Post by jermm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:06 pm

if the game is fucked up you can't blame the user.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm

jermm wrote:if the game is fucked up you can't blame the user.
I'm not blaming the user, I'm saying that the story is odd and it's unusual for anyone to be banned without warning, especially by Pork Bun.

It's hard to go on a killing spree with a melee weapon unless you are actively trying to. It takes a few whacks just to kill one person; I can only imagine how hard it would be to kill multiple people with melee while teleporting randomly around the map. It's also not difficult to avoid team-killing once you realize there is a problem; simply stop moving or move to spectator. I don't know about you, but if my melee started swinging uncontrollably on its own and I started teleporting around the map, I would stop trying to play, particularly after injuring teammates. Furthermore, no one will be banned for evasion if they move to spectator or re-log after accidental friendly fire.

Regardless, Porky will provide more details.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:34 pm

This is my side of the story.

We were playing on 2fort. Everything was fine but Emerald was mic spamming. People got annoyed. I muted him. People thanked me. Shortly after he went soldier and started swinging his weapon recklessly. Killed me a couple times when I was sniping at battlements with no enemies around me. Put up ff warnings. After a few more minutes, saw a couple more TKs/forgives, so I put up a warning or two. Before he disconnected, he walked towards a guy in spawn killed him and walked to me and killed me too. I didn't forgive him and he left.

Looked up his Steam ID and he was still in TF2 playing on another server. So I dunno what the whole "internet died" thing is about, so I added him to the ban list. Reason why I permabanned was said reason TKing + Evasion. He has played here before and knows the rules. He was behaving prior to me muting him. Figured he was abusing the TK system.

Edits - on mobile
Last edited by Bun on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.