Divergent

Post anything about movies here.
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Divergent

Post by rockerboy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 pm

I have no school Tuesday (Today), Thursday, and Friday, so going to see the premiere with friends. We all read the books (First two were awesome, last one sucked), but I don't think the movie will live up to the books expectations. So better to fall asleep if it sucks ;)
dantesus

Re: Divergent

Post by dantesus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Looks like the Hunger Games.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:07 am

dantesus wrote:Looks like the Ogre Games.
Shrek your privileges.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:09 am

It was bad.

It was like High School Musical set in post-apocalyptic Chicago.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
marbear

Post by marbear » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:49 pm

narwal wrote:It was bad.

It was like High School Musical set in post-apocalyptic Chicago.
Oh yeah? That's disappointing. It seems like a lot of books that I liked are being turned into terrible movies lately.
"Marbear your too stupid...so I don't know what the fuck your thinking."
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Ya Narwal hit it dead on. I was just hoping that with allegiant sucking that'd we get a good movie.it was like high school musical eithout the musical.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:22 pm

It looked like a Sci-Fi/Disney Original Movie. It was cheesy, the dialogue was horrid, moments that were supposed to be badass or serious were absolutely laughable. The ending was corny and bad. However, it was entertaining. I liked the soundtrack a lot. Overall, it gets a High School Musical 4/10.

Spoilers and more ranting
Horribly predictable, Four being divergent was a no-brainer. The ending - wtf? They took out Eurydice (I think that's their name, the blue guys), and had proof that they were committing serious crimes to overthrow Abnigation (who really shouldn't be in charge imo), so why did they have to run away? Did they want to? If so, why did they make it look like they had to? Other thing - who the fuck would think that splitting the people into 5 factions would help KEEP peace? And militarizing only one of them?! The fuck? That's more on the book and not the movie, though. I want to read it, hopefully it's explained better.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 pm

narwal wrote:It looked like a Sci-Fi/Disney Original Movie. It was cheesy, the dialogue was horrid, moments that were supposed to be badass or serious were absolutely laughable. The ending was corny and bad. However, it was entertaining. I liked the soundtrack a lot. Overall, it gets a High School Musical 4/10.

Spoilers and more ranting
Horribly predictable, Four being divergent was a no-brainer. The ending - wtf? They took out Eurydice (I think that's their name, the blue guys), and had proof that they were committing serious crimes to overthrow Abnigation (who really shouldn't be in charge imo), so why did they have to run away? Did they want to? If so, why did they make it look like they had to? Other thing - who the fuck would think that splitting the people into 5 factions would help KEEP peace? And militarizing only one of them?! The fuck? That's more on the book and not the movie, though. I want to read it, hopefully it's explained better.
he hit it dead on i went with narwal and a few friends and i didnt know what to expect because i literally found out about the movie the day we went to go see it. HOWEVER LITTLE DID I KNOW I WAS REWATCHING HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL WITH OUT ZAC EFFRON(which was all the production value of HSM). how ever i found the movie amusing at the very least.
Bash

Post by Bash » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Really was a disappointment, I thought the book had a good thing going. I'm not really into that genre, but it was not bad. However the movie was nauseating.
Bash_: ill "hoppin" in a sex
Bash_: sec*
Bash_: lol
Nonon: lマオ
Nonon: lmao*
Nonon: "ill 'hoppin' in a sex" - bash 2016
Bash_: I want you to spray paint that on my grave
ZIGGO

Post by ZIGGO » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 am

I went to this at a super cheap small movie theater when it was out for a bit. Smoked a mad dank or two before going in, and it was pretty boring... although I did enjoy some of the fist fighting a lot. Besides that I forgot the story line and dialog completely, very soon after. Good fights though.