Bioshock Infinite

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Bioshock Infinite

Post by Neelpos » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:37 pm

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rockerboy
Pls luv me
<font color=#e900da><b>Pls luv me</b></font>

Post by rockerboy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:01 am

tehENEMY wrote:
rockerboy5 wrote:They didn't make it for fucking mac.
Looks amazing though. I doubt my parents would let me play it anyway. :/ Sometimes being 13 sucks.
You aren't allowed to have opinions.
Mac, check. 13, check. 2 down, one to go.
Edit: My dad says he thinks it's fine. Now for the hardest part, convincing my mom. :P

GETTING MID NOVEMBER AFTER BIG PROJECT IS DO! WOOT! :toot:
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:59 am

Necro and double post. Pls luv me.
Dlc's been out for a little bit, I'm most likely getting it sometime this week (waiting for Black Friday sale).
And speaking of sales, for all you windows gamers: http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-Bioshock ... 003&sr=1-1
Wanna save $85.00?
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 am

oh NICE FIND thank you, I pirated this and beat it a while back but I'd like a legit copy so I can eventually get the DLC and shit, plus it wasa great game. I already have the first two but fifteen bucks is cheaper than the third one alone.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS TAKING LONG TO DOWNLOAD :C
Got it for 50% off on amazon. So psyched.

Edit: Only twenty dollars on steam. Holy shit this game is insane.
VIEW CONTENT:

rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Holy....Fucking....Shit...

Had to think about this game for a while. Kind of wanted to project my own thoughts on the game before looking at what everyone else had to say.
This game unfolded perfectly, without giving too much away until the end. Were a lot of easter eggs, Big Daddy and Little Sister when you go through the rapture tear, Steampunk version of girls just want to have fun in Battleship Bay, and a tear playing girls just want to have fun. Also, two references to the wrench, once it's on the ground, and another, Elizabeth hits you with it before you get captured by the vox. When you see new york on fire, the clown from the original bioshock is on a billboard. I took a screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/qnkpIHx.png <----------- SPOILERS

The ending was a bit confusing. I think I got it. Help me if I'm wrong. Pretty much, Booker and Comstock are the same person from different realities. Comstock would become Booker's reality if Elizabeth hadn't killed him at the baptism. The after credits scene (Btw the voice actors for Booker and Elizabeth singing was awesome) showed a reality where Booker never sold Anna, and they could be together. As for it ending before we could see what was in the crib, it doesn't matter. Somewhere, based on the decisions they made, there is a tear where Booker never sold her.
What helped me solve the mystery of the ending was.... Math! *Gasp* After Elizabeth said the whole "Constants and Variables" thing, I decided to make a simple equation. Let D be the decisions Booker makes (The Variable, and Let B be Booker (The Constant). DB=C Let's call the number 2 (2 is just a random number) the amount of decisions Booker makes to become Comstock. So, 2B=C. Suppose we changed the decisions, like drowning Booker instead of him taking the baptism, so now it's just a different value of DB=C, which doesn't work. Therefore, Comstock cannot exist. The ending reminded me a lot of Looper.
Btw, I watched a couple play-throughs of the original, and had a friend explain it to me, because I don't have the balls to play it.

Edit: What hoodedsniper posted about infinite going back to the first one is genius. I was suspicious when it said that no one could use the bathyspheres, though. Elizabeth hitting you with the wrench makes more sense. Also, the idea of a sleeping-agent, was a constant. The variable was who and what it was. Songbird's song, C-A-G-E was a trigger phrase, like "Would you Kindly". I thought a mentionable person you missed on that list was Fitzroy=Atlas/Fontaine. Both of them were fighting for control of the city, just for different reasons. Just found a picture on the wrench on the airship (Before Elizabeth hits you with it)
http://i.imgur.com/U3cpP89.jpg <--------------- SPOILERS

http://i.imgur.com/qWKGJpG.png <-------------- SPOILERS My favorite screenshot I took of this game
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 am

Am I really gonna triple post necro? Yep.
Burial at Sea Part 2 Trailer
CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BURIAL AT SEA PART 1
VIEW CONTENT:
I haven't played either yet, because I've been hearing that they're meh. Anyone played them? Are they worth the money? I'm debating whether to get the season pass or Borderlands 2.
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Wait for sale on the season pass imo. I like the combat so the combat arenas are fun, though single-player wave-based combat is just asking for coop.

I don't give a fuck about rapture, so going back underwater by itself isn't turning me on. There where some good moments (the mask club place), but with the regression in combat (limited weapons and powers) and an incomplete story, it's not anything spectacular.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Fuck dlc
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm

The season pass was $5 during the winter sale so I nabbed that, was funny because Burial at Sea was still full price.

Still need to play it though.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 pm

This is like the fifth time I've necro'd this thread. Tomorrow not only marks The anniversary of Bioshock Infinite, but Part 2 of Burial at sea will come out, meaning it is Irrational Game's final release. I'd like to amend my theory about Infinite.
Long story short, Elizabeth Killed both Comstock and the possible comstock (booker) in all realities where she existed. Then, Burial at sea is her killing comstock in realities where she doesn't exist. So part 2.... Maybe it's possible for Elizabeth to meet herself (Child Jack). Hoping we will witness the fall of rapture. Also hoping it will be long. Gonna play the shit out of it because it's the last release so might last longer for me.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:Long story short, Elizabeth Killed both Comstock and the possible comstock (booker) in all realities where she existed. Then, Burial at sea is her killing comstock in realities where she doesn't exist.
The Comstock in Burial at Seas is one who used the Lutece's to escape his own reality, the only one as far as we know who chose to leave his universe, somehow separating him from the event that purged all other Comstocks. The Elizabeth present in this reality isn't some random one, as far as we can tell she's the same one from the game, just attempting to follow up loose ends. She followed Comstock into the reality, and seeing his situation, decided to see if there was any way where he could attempt to do what's right not for himself, but for someone else, see if he would treat Sally any differently than he treated her. Him yanking Sally out of the vent revealed that that wasn't the case, so she had him killed. Seems his death may have screwed up more than she'd realized though, because she passed out and now thing's are gonna get fucky in BaS2
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Neelpos wrote:
rockerboy5 wrote:Long story short, Elizabeth Killed both Comstock and the possible comstock (booker) in all realities where she existed. Then, Burial at sea is her killing comstock in realities where she doesn't exist.
The Comstock in Burial at Seas is one who used the Lutece's to escape his own reality, the only one as far as we know who chose to leave his universe, somehow separating him from the event that purged all other Comstocks. The Elizabeth present in this reality isn't some random one, as far as we can tell she's the same one from the game, just attempting to follow up loose ends. She followed Comstock into the reality, and seeing his situation, decided to see if there was any way where he could attempt to do what's right not for himself, but for someone else, see if he would treat Sally any differently than he treated her. Him yanking Sally out of the vent revealed that that wasn't the case, so she had him killed. Seems his death may have screwed up more than she'd realized though, because she passed out and now thing's are gonna get fucky in BaS2
This makes ten times more sense. Thanks. So pretty much Elizabeth (the one from infinite, which I realized when she made the remark about the skyhook) sensed a presence of Comstock, and went after him, realized what happened and had him killed. Ya Bas2 is going to be insane

Edit: I took a ten minute break from homework, and my mind is already being blown up, I have a feeling my questions will be answered but.... What the fuck.... Also this game is gorgeous on high.
rockerboy
Pls luv me

Post by rockerboy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm legit actually crying. These games are art. Burial at Sea Part 2's Story (combat sucked) was as good as Infinite's. Am I the only one who's played it, seriously play it the fuck right now.
Shit ton of foreshadowing, at beginning. It was 10/10 perfect, amazing conclusion to THE ENTIRE SERIES. To those of you who didn't wanna play it (Ya combat sucked, and was stressful as fuck), here's a quick summary.

BLahblahblah you kill dudes. Elizabeth was murdered by the Big Daddy at beginning of Bas1,
and you somehow merge with her and don't break time. Plot twist, you can't use tears. The thimble is gone. You go and help this guy Atlas (Teehee) and he says that he'll let you live (And maybe give you Sally) if you float Fontaine's area of Rapture back up. Long story short, you do, with the help of Suchong... Kind of. You got to Columbia and get a hair sample from him. There, you learn that Fitzroy was INSTRUCTED to threaten (By the Luteces) Fink's boy as a sacrifice, to make Elizabeth become stronger. I believe the Luteces said something along of, play your part (The part of Fontaine). Blah Blah Blah combat. Then, you go get what Atlas calls the Ace in the hole (TEEHEE), which is a piece of paper that says a certain phrase that Atlas needs. He kills you. AKA BY GIVING FONTAINE THE ACE IN THE WHOLE THAT SAYS WOULD YOU KINDLY YOU TRIGGERED THE EVENTS OF BIOSHOCK 1 HOLY FUCK EVERYTHING HAPPENED BECAUSE OF ELIZABETH!!!!!!!!!11!!111!!11111!!!
But seriously, it's really emotional. I probably did a horrible job summarizing this, play the fucking game yourself.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 pm

rockerboy5 wrote:I'm legit actually crying. These games are art.
Nah, but this post is.