Dark Souls: Ready to die

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: Dark Souls: Ready to die

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 am

Yeah, I totally did the thing where you lure him back to the fog gate and smack his arm so he falls in the lava and dies. But I don't think I would have had much trouble either way, my lightning shit was taking big chunks out of his dong. Apparently a fire weapon works fine on the Demon Firesage isn't especially resistant to fire weapons though so now I'm curious which of my swords will be better for him. I think my Quelaag's Furysword +4 is a bit more powerful. I need one more demon titanite to upgrade that shit and I'm pretty sure I've gotten as many as I can get until I get to where there are respawning prowler demons.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:37 pm

CENTIPEDE DEMON CENTI-PEED HIS PANTS WHEN HE SAW ME COMING.

Most fucking intimidating boss I've fought in a while, this one took me about four tries. After my first death I had 0 trouble dodging his arm attack but I was making the mistake of locking on which made it really hard to run under and attack his legs without getting the camera all janked up. After the 3rd try I fucked up his tail and got the ring so on the 4th try I was able to run into the middle area where I had plenty of room to fight him and then I took him out no prob.

Edit: BED OF CHAOS? DEAD OF CHAOS.

I can't even say how many fucking times I missed leaping onto the root that leads to its heart. Man that shit got annoying.
Last edited by Jason on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Prepare for the worst area in the game, ending with the worst boss.

I'm sorry.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:53 pm

I skipped a couple of areas, at the very least the Ash Lake and of course the added content which I probably wont even try and do on my first playthrough. Not sure if I should go through the shit of Ash Lake or just go after the final boss at this point. But yeah Lost Izalith is a total shit area and the boss was lame.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 pm

you don't need to do ash lake at all, unless you want to

A. Join the Dragon Clan
B. Get the Titanite Slab from the Onion Knight Family
C. Farm for Eyes of Death ,but unlikely because that's only for ImageImage S.W.A.G GRAVELORDS
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Dr. Fisch
Wildcard

Post by Dr. Fisch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:21 pm

if you havent yet go to oolacile
and dont go human unless youre ready to get your butt blasted
If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" -Chris Kluwe on Emmett Burns
2014-02-28 17:25:33 RED *DEAD* Cursedbagel67 What, then ban me.
2014-02-28 17:25:44 BLU Cursedbagel67 Do it.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:29 pm

FUUUUCK YEAAAAH

Motherfuckin beat the game. Man Gwyn made me sweat so hard, I didn't think I was gonna get through that. Wound up using the stalactite exploit so he would swing over me a lot of the time (no way I'm going to learn to Parry when I've never done it a single time through the whole damn game,) but it was still really fucking hard, hitting for about 100 HP per swing took a long time and there's little room for error. Wound up down to like 3 Estus of the 20 I started with. BUT FUCK IT I GOT HIM. Man those last few hits I got in felt so gooooood.

I'm now on NG+ and just beat the gargoyles. Also beat the prowler demon under the 1st blacksmith. Wound up summoning help on the gargoyles and beating them second try, the fire from the second gargoyle was doing too much damage while I was trying to whack out the last few hits on the first one, but with Solaire it was a cakewalk.
Last edited by Jason on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:49 pm

I beat Mothra and Beelzebub, going through the depths right now, should I even try going to New Londo or whatever's past those Sp00ky Skellingtons yet, or just keep going till I beat the Gaping Dragon?
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:12 pm

You gotta beat gaping dragon and then go down into everyone's favorite area: Blighttown.

Just beat Capra Demon on NG+ hollaaaaa. Having the gold serpent ring or whatever from the beginning of the game is pretty awesome. Gettin mad items SON.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:51 am

The Leonardo DeCapra Demon

DeCapratation Demon

Take a Crapra Demon

Bust a Capra in Yo Ass Demon

He a bitch though

I'm also really excited to see what names Hoovy continues to give these guys, Mothra and Beezlebub had me giggling for a bit.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 am

Both times I beat the SailorMoon Butterfree it was a total fluke. Wandered onto his bridge without expecting it at all and being like OH SHIT WHAT IS THIS? AH MAN HOW DO I EVEN HIT HIM UGH I CAN BARELY DODGE HIS SHIT. oh wait he flew up to the edge let me hit him a few times. Oh he's dead.
Dr. Fisch
Wildcard

Post by Dr. Fisch » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 pm

if youre human you can summon beatrice for the butterfly

and she will just FINISH THE GODDAMN FIGHT FOR YOU
STEP 1 SOUL SPEAR
STEP 2 REPEAT
If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" -Chris Kluwe on Emmett Burns
2014-02-28 17:25:33 RED *DEAD* Cursedbagel67 What, then ban me.
2014-02-28 17:25:44 BLU Cursedbagel67 Do it.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Man what in the FUCK!??;3ljr1lj?!??!

I just went through blighttown and beat Quelaag and I took the shortcut back to firelink using the water wheel in blighttown and up the elevator at New Londo, and the Firekeeper is DEAD??!?! There was a glowing item thing by the bars where she is and I grabbed the items and it just says "Dead" What the fuck could have caused that? Man I feel like my game is pretty fucked now I cant even use the Firelink bonfire :( I guess the elevator in the church makes it easy enough to get to the one by the blacksmith but still. Goddamn that sucks. I also noticed the guy I got the ring of protection or whatever from on my first playthrough isn't there at all. HMPH.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Keh-heh-heh

If you want to know...

Lautrec killed her
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:Keh-heh-heh

If you want to know...

Lautrec killed her
Except he didn't exactly. Knight Lautrec of Carim is a extremist follower of the God Fina, a goddess associated with chaos . He steals Anastasia soul (since she is a fire keeper) which
you can retrieve and bring her back to life (and her voice) if you pick up the Black Eye Orb in her cell ,and use it in the big room in Anor Londo before the Orstein/smuck fight.

:lecture:

However, you can bypass all of this ,and kill Lautrec (right after you free him from Undead Parish) at the Bonfire in Firelink.

Killing him at this point gives you early access to the Ring of Favor and Protection (Ring of F.A.P for short) and you get to keep the bonfire intact.
Btw, you don't have to even fight him, just push him off, then reload the game.

But, doing so will make Anastasia forever mute ,but that's the least of the concerns in a game where most of the content in npc dialogue
ends up being irrelevant for the completion of the game
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."