Dark Souls: Ready to die

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Dr. Fisch
Wildcard

Re: Dark Souls: Ready to die

Post by Dr. Fisch » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:12 pm

resurrecting anastasia makes her kindle the firelink bonfire all the way up
and hunting down lautrec lets you collect his armor off of a corpse in anor londo
If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" -Chris Kluwe on Emmett Burns
2014-02-28 17:25:33 RED *DEAD* Cursedbagel67 What, then ban me.
2014-02-28 17:25:44 BLU Cursedbagel67 Do it.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Dr. Fisch wrote:resurrecting anastasia makes her kindle the firelink bonfire all the way up
and hunting down lautrec lets you collect his armor off of a corpse in anor londo
Lautrec armor is good, not too shabby

Having fire link kindle to the max is cool too ,but lets face it you get so much spare humanity in that game sometimes you literally have no use for it
other than to kindle, give it away, or give it to queelan.

Considering that the firelink bonefire becomes cut off for like 1/2 of the game and since it's the main hud and travelling point in the game (Aka a place where you want to have easy access)
, one could achieve the same effect just by kindling that bonfire before finishing anor londo. Also considering, that the rite of kindling is literally one of the very first things you can get in the game
(doing the catacombs before Undead Burg), you can max out firelink bonefire very early on.
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Totally gonna try to take out Lautrec in Anor Londo so I can get that shit back.

Just beat the Iron Golem, rocking and rolling my way through NG+ like a boss.

The biggest difference is how few hits it takes for me to die if I fuck up and don't block, goddamn that shit can be scary. I'm working on putting my VIT up and then prob my DEX

I'm also very frustrated in realizing that I can't kindle shit past the 1st one until I fight Pinwheel again, but all the shit I kindled to 15 Estus before stays the same. If I'd known that I would have gone through and kindled everything that high before beating the game the first time. Guess I'll make it a goal to go take down Pinwheel demon pretty soon. I just hate the fucking catacombs, my faith isn't high enough to use any divine weapons decently so I wind up trying to run through to the necromancers and that shit can be a pain in the dong.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Whats your build dood?
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:45 pm

I'll look up the specifics later. For the most part I started high Endurance while putting a bit into strength, and focused on those two stats until by endgame my strength was like 45 and endurance like 42 or something. I like being able to block most everything but I don't like being so heavy that I can't move around shit, and my build seems to be working really well for that. I use Havel's armor and helm, but some really light nothing special arms and legs, I think they have decent lightning resistance and that's the only reason I chose them over anything else. I use a silver knight shield +5 because it has decent stability and great damage protection without being too big and heavy. If a situation calls for it I now have 50 strength and can use Havel's Greathshield (it's coming in handy on the batwing demons)

Bug UGH FUCKING FUCK. Having played through the whole game almost one and a half times now, I swear the hardest fucking part of the entire fucking thing isn't even a boss, it's those 2 batwing demons after you go down the long narrow slope and they're on either side of the opening so they attack you from opposite sides and you're right on a dangerous ledge, and if you're not on the dangerous ledge there's fucking GIANT ARROWS flying at you, and if you manage to kill the batwing demons you have to run up and kill the snipers but they're on opposite sides as well, so no matter which one you pick to try and sprint to and kill, you have your back to another one. The fucking arrow in my back killed me INSTANTLY and now I can't even get past those two batwing demons because they're being little PRICKS ugh fighting two of those at once is literally the SHITTIEST. Just rage quit for the first time in a long time in this game man fuck those guys.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Aggro those batwings, then run up the buttress. One of em almost always jumps off the ledge
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Queef-bag the Chaos Bitch was a cakewalk with that summon, sheesh.

Also, fuck Lautrec.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:Aggro those batwings, then run up the buttress. One of em almost always jumps off the ledge
Haha yeah, right after I posted that I realized I could pull them back and I went back to try immediately and that's exactly what happened. And I think the arrow in the back the first time was a shitty fluke because the second time I ran up and killed the one bowman in the way and the other one behind me didn't do shit.

Now I'm having a royal FUCK of a time with the giant gold sentinels, not because they're hard but because they keep FUCKING healing and I'm tired of fighting them for like 15 minutes. I got fucking invaded last time and some prick came up and backstabbed me when I'd been fighting one for fucking ever. I was madder than a fuck.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 am

If youre coming from the bonfire, dip left right upon entering the room and jump off the staircase to the lower floor. So long as you keep back a bit youll only pull one Royal Sentinal at a time. Should expedite the fight.

Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:55 am

Yeah, I always do that. I also discovered that if I can manage to do a dashing slash quick enough it interrupts their heal. I tried out Lautrec but I didn't realize he'd have 2 fuckin cronies with him :( I managed to kill the mage and get a solid backstab on the spear guy but then the dual wielding guy came up and one shotted me right after. SO LAME.

Wound up backtracking a bit to take care of return to undead asylum and Pinwheel. Wasn't too tough but I still hate the goddamn catacombs. Pinwheel was even more of a joke this time around. Stray Demon never hit me once, I'm embarrassed to remember a time when I couldn't beat him.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

or maybe I just got really lucky with my timing because I can't seem to stop the assholes from healing now.
BUT IT DOESNT MATTER cause Ornstein and Smough are DEAD AGAIN and so is LAUTREC AND HIS BAND OF COCK SMOKERS. And now I never have to fight those assholes again.

Feels good man.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Also having a small shield and being able to block powered up Smough's huge lightning charged attacks and take p much no damage FEELS SO COOL. COME AT ME BRO.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:25 am

Now go fight through the dlc

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 pm

WHY IS THE VAGINA FROM "TEETH" SUCH A HARD BOSS I JUST WANT HIM TO DIE SO I CAN GO TO MORE FUN AREAS LIKE BLIGHTTOWN
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Just stay to his sides. Also cutting off his tail takes out like half his health. And don't summon Solaire he's actually a detriment for that fight, dies super fast and the boss gets a health bonus.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.