Destiny

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Muffin

Re: Destiny

Post by Muffin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Played a lot yesterday/last night on ps4. I didn't play the alpha so this was my first time playing

Music is great, I just left the screen on playing music for a couple hours while it was installing

I beat the first few missions by myself with a warlock (and again with a hunter), then started a new titan when I joined my friend. Most missions seem too easy, hopefully they will beef it up a bit. Although I tried several times to do the Devil's Lair (last mission on Earth), with 3 people including me in the fireteam, but eventually gave up since this prolly isnt gonna transfer to the full release anyway.

The game is pretty. I love the shop & player loadout menus. Very clean.

My only gripe with the game right now is the loading times. Maybe that will improve with the full release, but the loading times aren't any better than previous gen games. Plus the fact that after every mission you have to go back to the ship [load], and choose where to go next - back to tower, or another mission [load]. Seems like an unnecessary middle ground.

I really enjoyed multiplayer, as far as typical online fps goes. Although only a domination like gamemode (3 flags to control) is available right now, it seems very balanced. I never won or lost by more than a few thousand points (where games go to like ~20k). No class seems to be super OP, but that might come out when the beta level cap is removed.

tldr 9.5/10 waiting to see what the replay value will be once you max out your characters

Toxius

Post by Toxius » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:33 pm

I like stabbing people in the face

also I have the prettiest pony

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08 am

That's what I do with titan all the time lol. Just run up and punch them, usually 2 or 3 will do it

My preference in classes so far is titan > hunter > warlock. I haven't played very much of warlock though so maybe his higher level abilities will make me like it more. Hunter is best for low levels because of that fuckin OP sniper you start with, but it doesn't take long to find a sniper rifle with a titan. Plus titan just has better armor/defense and a better special. Dat fists of havoc attack
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:37 am

Been playing Full Armor Shotgun Mage and it's FUN.

According to the devs, "we have teams working 12 hour shifts making new content every day of the week for ten years - there will be something new to do every day."

I'm hype.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:31 am

i added stupid captions to some shit.

i really wish it saved the one i really wanted-- a dude hopped on a not-banshee and was trying to shoot me but I tucked into a corner. He got frustrated and just rammed THE ENTIRE VEHICLE into the tiny little space and shot me in the face. I was laughing so hard I hit 'share' too late
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 am

Played a whole lotta hunter tonight, wasn't as fun as warlock but still PRETTY AWESOME. I found myself dashing/sliding all over the place, alternating between an autorifle and a sniper quite a lot. Tried doing a level 8 hard on my own at level 5, and it was too tough to finish. I got REALLY CLOSE, though, and got some awesome drops. I'm really, really, REALLY excited to see what the full game brings.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Just finished capping my Warlock and delved into a bit of pvp combat; that moonbase map is gorgeous. :sunny:
jermm

Post by jermm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm

fuck the moon map.

mars map all the way.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Played some Hunter last night, up through the intro bit and the first boss of the first real mission. I found it pretty fun, I like switching between sniper and scout rifle.
I went into the game knowing pretty much nothing about it, I didn't realize it was massively multiplayer, I didn't even know I was online when I first jumped into it until I got to the hub world which was pretty cool. Just been playing on my own. Not sure what kind of lasting playability it will have but that's fine, I don't think I'll be buying the full version any time soon. If I got it I'd want it on PS4 and I'm not gonna be getting those until probably well after the holiday season. Still planning on getting a WiiU first.

Game ranges from very very pretty to fairly lackluster on PS3, I'm assuming it looks quite good on PS4.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Toxius

Post by Toxius » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Jason wrote:Game ranges from very very pretty to fairly lackluster on PS3, I'm assuming it looks quite good on PS4.

It's stupid pretty for a beta.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Mars map???
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:59 pm

It was in that 2nd crucible playlist that was unlocked from like 2-4pm / 7-9pm (all PDT) on Saturday.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Camped Twitter for like 2 hours and got a key for 360. Been really looking forward to playing this game.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 am

bl4nk wrote:Camped Twitter for like 2 hours and got a key for 360. Been really looking forward to playing this game.
I was googling 'Destiny beta keys' and set it to recent; within a few minutes, people were just posting keys in random forums and threads. No one expects someone on Yahoo Answers to post beta keys.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 am

I tried that as well, but wasn't having much luck. I looked at twitter under a few hashtags (#destiny, #destinybeta, #destinybetacodes, #destinybetagiveaway were the ones if I remember correctly), and just refreshed them over and over until someone posted a key. At one point I might have got an Xbox One key (possibly two) that I redeemed on the website, but couldn't figure out how to download on my Xbox (didn't show up under recent purchases). I ended up just plugging an extra usb keyboard into my 360 to be able to type in the codes faster as people were taking them pretty quick.