Questions About HLDJ Rights

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Geno the Creeper

Questions About HLDJ Rights

Post by Geno the Creeper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:28 pm

I've noticed that prolix and Petiee have HLDJ rights. Where can I sign up? I've heard I can get HLDJ rights on the forums from prolix.
TIME FOR A GENO-CIDE
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: Questions About HLDJ Rights

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

I think you just need a reserved slot and it should work.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

pinkle

Post by pinkle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 pm

you have to have "donor" status (as in donate money to the server)

Edit: they changed it no too long ago, it used to be all you needed was a reserved slot
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm

You need to find the lost dragon of Agrabah and claim its treasure, only then can you enter the forbidden crypt and receive the blessing of the Genie.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Bun
BACON BACON BACON

Post by Bun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 am

Neelpos wrote:You need to find the lost dragon of Agrabah and claim its treasure, only then can you enter the forbidden crypt and receive the blessing of the Genie.
And then you'll have to find the NPC joe to claim your rights.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:01 am

Found him
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Petiee

Post by Petiee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:19 pm

You also need .wav files, good music taste, a good amount of confidence to not get shattered when people yell at you, a large glass of chocolate milk, the blood of three virgin goats, and a lifesize replica of a tom cat made of jello.
neurosis prevents psychosis
Petiee

Post by Petiee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Oh, and space jam. But that's a given.
neurosis prevents psychosis
Maha

Post by Maha » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 pm

A lot of people lack that second part.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 am

I prefer to use winamp and virtual audio cables. Lets me use my existing music library without converting to WAV, and lets me adjust volume on the go. The only downside is if I want to use voice chat within the same game, there's a few millisecond delay. OH NO.
Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:53 am

mbaxter wrote:I prefer to use winamp and virtual audio cables. Lets me use my existing music library without converting to WAV, and lets me adjust volume on the go. The only downside is if I want to use voice chat within the same game, there's a few millisecond delay. OH NO.
How else will people be able to warn me about a spy that's currently backstabbing me?
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

mbaxter wrote:I prefer to use winamp and virtual audio cables. Lets me use my existing music library without converting to WAV, and lets me adjust volume on the go. The only downside is if I want to use voice chat within the same game, there's a few millisecond delay. OH NO.

what is this witchcraft

though I have a feeling even if you explain it to me, I will still never understand... computers, man, how do they work
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Dangit Spongebobby!

Post by Dangit Spongebobby! » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 pm

pinkle wrote:

what is this witchcraft

though I have a feeling even if you explain it to me, I will still never understand... computers, man, how do they work
VAC basically let's you channel the output of an audio player into a mic input. It's really cool and useful compared to hldj, but it requires a bit more work to set up, especially if you want to use voice input and play songs. On that note, if you really wanted to be fancy you could use a mixing program to talk and play sounds simultaneously. Like sing over a song for instance.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Dangit Spongebobby! wrote:
pinkle wrote:

what is this witchcraft

VAC basically let's you channel the output of an audio player into a mic input. It's really cool and useful compared to hldj, but it requires a bit more work to set up, especially if you want to use voice input and play songs. On that note, if you really wanted to be fancy you could use a mixing program to talk and play sounds simultaneously. Like sing over a song for instance.
I'd love to look into this VAC when I'm not feeling incredibly lazy xD is the sound quality better?
jmtokx
Fastest Crêpe Eater
<font color=#34ff15>Fastest Crêpe Eater</font>

Post by jmtokx » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 am

pinkle wrote:
Dangit Spongebobby! wrote:
pinkle wrote:

what is this witchcraft

I'd love to look into this VAC when I'm not feeling incredibly lazy xD is the sound quality better?
From what I've noticed, the sound quality when streaming through TF2 will always be a bit iffy because of the transmission quality in general. I do have a personal preference for Winamp and a VAC;the process for adding songs to the stream-able music list is much faster, making taking requests a lot easier.
"Grammar. The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."
"You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then, will your true self reveal itself."