So I was robbed today...

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Re: So I was robbed today...

Post by KoD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Sorry to hear about ya troubles.

ipconfig /release
shut off router

get off the grid, use your phone as a wifi hotspot to resume correctional action
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 pm

King_Krampus wrote: I need to read the urls I click, bad things happen when I dont.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
King_Krampus

Post by King_Krampus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 pm

KoD wrote:Sorry to hear about ya troubles.

ipconfig /release
shut off router

get off the grid, use your phone as a wifi hotspot to resume correctional action
I'll try that. Maybe it will help.

What kind of gets me down is that, looking at the stats of my Unusual Steaming Mask of the Shaman, it's now owned by someone else, and they are selling it on TF2Backpack. I don't know if they are the same person who stole it from me, but if they aren't, then if Steam returns the item to me, then that third person will have lost whatever they paid for the unusual in the first place. All the while, the hacker, if they are banned, can just create a new account and start it all over again.
tehENEMY wrote:
King_Krampus wrote: I need to read the urls I click, bad things happen when I dont.
Dude, don't be rude. I legitimately thought that it was an actual Steam website, which was why I didn't question downloading that App thing. I should have questioned it not doing anything when I tried starting it repeatedly.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 pm

KoD wrote:Sorry to hear about ya troubles.

ipconfig /release
shut off router

Won't really help at all since phones have more backdoors than a standard router and have there own issues with malware/spyware/rootkits. Offline work is generally good enough to eliminate a rootkit/malware since they rely on internet for command and control, and removal mitigation. Generally they don't hop between PCs via USB drives but if that becomes a concern a writeable CD will work out.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.