Transistor - May 20

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Haymakers9th

Transistor - May 20

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 am

I noticed there wasn't a thread about it, I was greatly disturbed.

Steam Page

"First Look" from Supergiant
Supergiant Transistor FAQ

Transistor is a game from Supergiant (motherfucking made Bastion, redeeming humanity in the eyes of an angry God) set in sort of a sci-fi world, on the surface it appears a lot like Bastion from the isometric view and beautiful artwork and music, though this time they're introducing a sort of pause-time-and-lock-in-moves mechanic called turn(). This will kind of underline your option of strategy in the game.

here's an older gameplay video from TotalBiscuit, where there was enough of a demand of just the gameplay without his talking over it.

Talent from Bastion is returning, Ashley Barrett and Darren Korb in music (I assume Barrett is going to do a bit more singing in this compared to the Bastion OST), Jen Zee for the artwork (her DeviantArt and Tumblr), and idk if you've heard of Greg Kasavin but he was a games journalist for a long time before being a main designer/writer for Supergiant AND THEN BASTION HAPPENED. Also returning is Logan Cunningham, voice actor for Rucks, the big narrator for Bastion, though he'll be a bit less gritty sounding in this one - returning in a voice acting capacity, but not a direct copy of what he did with Rucks.

basically I have a huge boner for supergiant (I own a goddamn Bastion handkerchief) and this game and if you dont then I'm probably going to beat you to death with the boner. I'm probably going to play this in a dark room in isolation in one 8-10 hour sitting. And I don't get as excited about games as others do.

bonus: Barett and Korb singing Bastion and Transistor at PAX:

EDIT: Launch trailer released:

Last edited by Haymakers9th on Sun May 18, 2014 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Maha

Re: Transistor - May 20

Post by Maha » Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 am

I want this in my life! Hurry up May 20th !
loafozard
XxBaker_RebornxX

Post by loafozard » Wed May 07, 2014 12:04 pm

inb4 this is actually a sequel to bastion.
Sirc001 wrote:Another player along with myself known as loaf of bread or something
Archer wrote:uWu chat daddy
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed May 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Are they going to sell a physical CD? I've got an autographed copy of the Bastion soundtrack and I wouldn't mind getting one for Transistor too.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm pretty confident they will after release, keep an eye on the SG store.
Steam
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Wed May 21, 2014 2:27 am

game is released, I won't be on it till I'm home this weekend, but please share what you think.
Steam
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:08 pm

And then this thread went silent.

I've played about an hour and a half so far and I'm really enjoying it. Still looking for the best usage of Switch that doesn't accidentally make it harder to end fights.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:31 am

oh yeah i never came back to the thread but ill let you know right now this game broke my heart
Steam
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 pm

This thread pulled a total twist on me cause I was just reading through it watchin the shit thinking it was coming out NEXT may. Never heard anything about it at all until now. Is it any good? Looks pretty dope.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.