Hey, let's get rid of double overheal already.

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Usernamedoesnotexist
Resident Rule Breaker

Re: Hey, let's get rid of double overheal already.

Post by Usernamedoesnotexist » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 pm

I love medic.

I love double overheal.
Amen brother
Am I JUST a Username? Or am I MORE than just a Username?

... Nah... I'm just a dude on the internet
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:00 am

Honestly double over-heal isn't that bad, and it kinda adds to gameplay. The only problem is that much of the players on tf4 lack any kind of team coordination beyond: "Watch out for that spy", "get on that point", and "Stop being useless snipers and demo-knights that aren't contributing to the team."
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Parasyte wrote:Simple fix: Make headshots kill everyone regardless of overheal
What about amby shpees? :D can i kill a heavy w/ 1 headshot now, rather than 3/ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Is this a simple fix? I don't know how easy it is to make this work, but maybe somebody who knows better could let us know if this is practical.
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Neelpos wrote:TehEnemy has the right idea, let's just all play Counter Strike now and leave TF4 behind.
I second this.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

rottencheeseCA wrote:
Is this a simple fix? I don't know how easy it is to make this work, but maybe somebody who knows better could let us know if this is practical.
I don't really have much of an opinion either way, but I do really like this idea... I might play sniper more often. Not that you guys should really feel threatened :v haha
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:02 pm

pinkle wrote:
rottencheeseCA wrote:
I don't really have much of an opinion either way, but I do really like this idea... I might play sniper more often. Not that you guys should really feel threatened :v haha
Let me just put my opinion as "oh jesus christ no"

This'll give even more power to those bullshit snipers like Ninja and Rotten. They already have reflexes bordering on godlike; why give them headshots that always kill?
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Roughjericho wrote:
pinkle wrote:
rottencheeseCA wrote:
Let me just put my opinion as "oh jesus christ no"

This'll give even more power to those bullshit snipers like Ninja and Rotten. They already have reflexes bordering on godlike; why give them headshots that always kill?
Because headshots were intended to always kill?
jermm

Post by jermm » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:34 pm

*fully charged headshots
**in 2007-era TF2, there might be items now that give people over 450hp.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:28 pm

jermm wrote:*fully charged headshots.
Exactly what my point was. Having normal uncharged headshots oneshot everyone is plain overkill.

If I've missed something and Parasyte meant fully charged headshots from the beginning, my apologies.
jermm wrote:**in 2007-era TF2, there might be items now that give people over 450hp.
Currently there is a hard limit at 450 overcharged HP for vanilla TF2, so no.
pinkle

Post by pinkle » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Roughjericho wrote:
jermm wrote:*fully charged headshots.
Exactly what my point was. Having normal uncharged headshots oneshot everyone is plain overkill.

If I've missed something and Parasyte meant fully charged headshots from the beginning, my apologies.
HAHAHA yeah I certainly mean fully charged head shots LOL xD Even I can agree having a non-fully charged headshot kill every time would be way too much :v
"OK, try to imagine yourself in the J2 Server... You get your first look at this "Pinkle" as you enter a clearing. She moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing her flamethrower. And you keep still because you think that maybe her visual acuity is based on movement like Johnny5 - She'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Pinkle. You stare at her, and she just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the Hippie and Wolsky you didn't even know were there. Because Pinkle's a pack hunter, you see, she uses coordinated attack patterns and she is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... A barbed-wired-wrapped fire axe, The Axetinguisher, in her left hand. She doesn't bother to headshot you like a Porkbun, say... no no. She lights you and slashes at you here, or here... Or maybe across the belly, critting your intestines. The point is, you are alive when she starts to rape you. So you know, try to show a little respect..." -- 3Ducks
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Roughjericho wrote:If I've missed something and Parasyte meant fully charged headshots from the beginning, my apologies
I accept your apology
timtoborne

Post by timtoborne » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:19 am

i dunno, i'd love it if my amby would kill on a single headshot! :D It would make my deadringing even more annoying!
Steam is BLU_Collar, PSN is GGLinear, and my LoL account name is Somber Rites.

It's been years since I've spoken with any of you, but if you ever want to play or just talk, feel free to contact me.
Helpful

Post by Helpful » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Plz no

I want people to actually want to play medic on this server
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Helpful wrote:Plz no

I want people to actually want to play medic on this server
agreed. giving sniper crazy OP buffs is stupid. Overheal should scale with server population
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it