Re: 1.6 night

Post by A Ninja » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Malone wrote:
A Ninja wrote:it's just CS :(
:( :(

:( :( :( :(
I'll gladly play sven coop with you if you ever want to :D
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:17 pm

CS 1.6 works for me for the most part. I just get horrendous flushpacket errors but that might just be my shitty internet.
Malone

Post by Malone » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm

A Ninja wrote:
Malone wrote:
A Ninja wrote:it's just CS :(

:( :( :( :(
I'll gladly play sven coop with you if you ever want to :D

Alright

By the way there isn't a joe.to Sven server is there?
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Malone wrote: By the way there isn't a joe.to Sven server is there?
We've put up temporary ones in the past for event nights, but nothing permanent. There's a chance we will get one when 5.0 comes out though, which could be nice. In the mean time, there's a handful of decent servers with good map selection that I hop on if you ever want to join me.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm actually completely willing to personally finance the first month of a Sven Coop server if there's enough interest.

I didn't realize how ridiculously cheap Half Life 1 servers are nowadays. Sven Coop also being what it is makes me think we won't really need more than 8 slots regardless until the hype train picks ups with Sven Coop 5.0.

The base cost of a Half Life server with 8 slots from this site is $12.56 US dollars a month and that goes down if paid in multiple months at a time. Thats almost nothing, that's like paying for a Ventrilo server nowadays. I pay more than that buying combo meals for my friends at Whataburger.

If we made one before the Sven Coop 5.0 release we could just load in whatever maps we know aren't played to death as well as Tuesday's Avenger new ones. I feel like it would be a good time for not very much money.

Someone would just have to give me some kind of guide on manually installing a mod into a server. i've never done that before. If that isn't possible, I dunno, I'd still be down for potentially paying for the first month of -something- as long its under $15.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 am

Chaos Wake wrote:I'm actually completely willing to personally finance the first month of a Sven Coop server if there's enough interest.

I didn't realize how ridiculously cheap Half Life 1 servers are nowadays. Sven Coop also being what it is makes me think we won't really need more than 8 slots regardless until the hype train picks ups with Sven Coop 5.0.

The base cost of a Half Life server with 8 slots from this site is $12.56 US dollars a month and that goes down if paid in multiple months at a time. Thats almost nothing, that's like paying for a Ventrilo server nowadays. I pay more than that buying combo meals for my friends at Whataburger.

If we made one before the Sven Coop 5.0 release we could just load in whatever maps we know aren't played to death as well as Tuesday's Avenger new ones. I feel like it would be a good time for not very much money.

Someone would just have to give me some kind of guide on manually installing a mod into a server. i've never done that before. If that isn't possible, I dunno, I'd still be down for potentially paying for the first month of -something- as long its under $15.
Or we could just host it ourselves using our dedicated server? *points to the donate button up top*

Also, speaking of ventrilo, we have a mumble server *points to Mumble link wayyy up top*
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:45 am

Oh I assumed Joe.to was overburdened money-wise and thats why I offered to host it myself. Not to mention it would be pretty pushy to ask if right now its just me, Ninja, Tuesday and maybe a few others.

I also wasn't offering a Ventrilo server so I'm confused as to why you point out the mumble hahaha

EDIT: Also i found out Jestservers.com has servers preloaded with Sven Coop 4.8 for $1 per slot, the minimum being 4 slots, so basically $5 a month as a baseline. Thats an awesome price and it wouldn't need us to fuck around with it at all.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am

In the past we haven't had too much trouble putting it up, would be interesting to see it full time.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 am

I pointed out mumble just to encourage more people getting on it :3

The monthly payment goes to a dedicated server, on which we could fit more games. Adding a sven server wouldn't cost us any additional money.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Sounds good honestly. If its no cost to joe.to it might be cool to have a Sven 4.8 server running just to see how people like it.

Fully customized, with our choice of maps and with mappers like Tuesday's Avenger and Sven Coop devs fully invited to swing by.

It would help us get a feel for how well a Sven 5.0 server might be recieved when that finally launches while letting us basically have a playground. Not to mention reinforce the bridge between us and the Sven community that the Sven devs seem interested in starting.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Chaos Wake wrote:Sounds good honestly. If its no cost to joe.to it might be cool to have a Sven 4.8 server running just to see how people like it.

Fully customized, with our choice of maps and with mappers like Tuesday's Avenger and Sven Coop devs fully invited to swing by.

It would help us get a feel for how well a Sven 5.0 server might be recieved when that finally launches while letting us basically have a playground.
In order to have any success with a 5.0 server I feel we need to cultivate some interest beforehand, so a 4.8 server would be pretty useful.
Chaos Wake

<b></b>

Post by Chaos Wake » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Yeah I was actually thinking that myself. Some hype needs to be basically built up prior to the launch and there's probably a lot of things we'd want to be well acquainted with prior to launch(common server crashing bugs, common types of griefing, etc). Not to mention getting in there early might possibly spawn ideas for new maps or potential submods/minimods.

I think its also good for some Joe.to people who haven't already tried Sven Coop to at least be able to be exposed to it indirectly from our involvement. It'd let them know easier whether or not its something they want to join in on.