SMISSMAS UPDATE FUCK YES

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Malone

Re: SMISSMAS UPDATE FUCK YES

Post by Malone » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Am I wrong for hating the new mannpower gamemode? Every server I go on, people are flying around like Spider-Man on meth and practically forgetting that there's even a point to the mode itself.

On the other hand, fuck yes there's a festive shotgun. I'm a happy camper.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 am

Malone wrote:Am I wrong for hating the new mannpower gamemode? Every server I go on, people are flying around like Spider-Man on meth and practically forgetting that there's even a point to the mode itself.
No.

I'm not really sure where they were going with mannpower. The fast movement from grappling and the powerups almost seem like something out of quake or unreal tournament, but it's really out of place in tf2.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Cheddars

Post by Cheddars » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 am

Eviltechie wrote:
Malone wrote:Am I wrong for hating the new mannpower gamemode? Every server I go on, people are flying around like Spider-Man on meth and practically forgetting that there's even a point to the mode itself.
No.

I'm not really sure where they were going with mannpower. The fast movement from grappling and the powerups almost seem like something out of quake or unreal tournament, but it's really out of place in tf2.
Perhaps it's partially due to the fact that there currently doesn't really exist an official map catered to the gamemode and it seems sorta out of place. I'm interested to see how the tf2 mapping community will use the grappling hook to produce custom maps.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:16 pm

I think it felt a bit more like UT, with the Translocator, then quake. Movement speed seems almost the same. TF2 is already a fairly hectic game with 32 players add in the old school-ness of the new game mode along with the general focused battles on TF2 maps and it would be a very hectic game mode. I think it would work well for a larger map like fieldtrip where the battle occurs over a large area, especially for 30 players, maybe redo fieldtrip with floating platforms people can grapple onto would work well.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.