Factorio

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Factorio

Post by scobywhru » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Factorio is a strategy game where you build a factory that grows gradually larger and larger requiring planning and quite a bit of material. The premise is to create a landing defense platform to allow ships to land but this end game content is a bit sparse. There are also natives that grow agitated with pollution requiring defense and offense.

I enjoy it since it is a bit challenging to plan out a base and still have the material and throughput to keep up production. Not to mention to balance pollution vs throughput and attacking enemies. There is multiplayer but it is currently semi broken early alpha state but still fun and they are constantly adding content/fixes, and improving this Alpha game.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Factorio

Post by Django » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 pm

looks cool but those graphics
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Django wrote:looks cool but those graphics
What's so wrong about late 90s looking 2D graphics? Looks fine to me and melds well with the type of game they're trying to make.

Will keep an eye on this. Sounds fun.
Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I start playing it and suddenly its next week. Boatloads of fun, though the devs occasionally fuck it up with improperly tested updates.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Yeah, I did some multiplayer with Knoid, it works but not well, constant hitches while the clients sync so it feels a bit worse then it should, it was still fun but not perfect. They are working on it for fixing those issues and I believe they plan to have them in the .12 release, currently on the .11.10 and the next release will be the .11.11 which is suppose to fix bugs with the trains.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Factorio is now on Steam