Bloodborne

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Zeno

Bloodborne

Post by Zeno » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 am

Anyone else playing this? Just came out on PS4, fantastic game. If you like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, you'll like this.

PSN: Zenoxio
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Re: Bloodborne

Post by KatanaRama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:23 pm

From what i've seen it looks to live up to the hype. Possibly a console seller for me too.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm

No PC port in sight, cool, i love avoiding spoilers for years.
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
jermm

Post by jermm » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm

maybe after the load time reduction patch. My Cities Skylines city takes around 45s to load and that feels like forever, so 45s to respawn, I'm hitting ps button and loading olliolli.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 am

FUCK bring this to PC NAOPLZFUCK.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:25 am

it sso fckin GOOD

so fast

the story

i hope yall get to play it, its the best of his work by far
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:13 am

Miyazaki's best work?
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 am

You're probably the first person I've heard say that Narwal, most people are saying it's better than DaS2 but Dark and Demons are still better. Stuff like 40 second loading screens after death being the norm, invasions taking as long as DS1 instead of DS2 alongside items not restocking upon a win, AI taking a step backwards as well (enemies attacking while you're outside their attack range, even if you don't backstep), and the item and playstyle variance being so much lower compared to the souls games that repeat playthroughs don't hold nearly the same allure.

Still really want to borrow a PS4 and play it but I'm certainly nowhere near convinced it's the best Souls style game.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 am

item variation is the only thorn in my side, honestly. i dont mind the loading screens, invasions or anything else too much, and as far as i know, that might get patched. load screens for me average like 15-20 seconds.

in terms of general game design, enemies, bosses, world design etc, and the lore surrounding the world, it's his best. game is also downright beautiful.

and yeah katanarama, it's my favorite of his (having played DeS/DaS1/2)
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:43 am

Neelpos wrote:You're probably the first person I've heard say that Narwal, most people are saying it's better than DaS2 but Dark and Demons are still better. Stuff like 40 second loading screens after death being the norm, invasions taking as long as DS1 instead of DS2 alongside items not restocking upon a win, AI taking a step backwards as well (enemies attacking while you're outside their attack range, even if you don't backstep), and the item and playstyle variance being so much lower compared to the souls games that repeat playthroughs don't hold nearly the same allure.

Still really want to borrow a PS4 and play it but I'm certainly nowhere near convinced it's the best Souls style game.
To be fair From has already said they're working to reduce loading screen times.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:00 am

Just finished the game, all optional bosses down. Didn't finish Chalice Dungeons. Last two fights are insane and very fun. Excellent game overall.

However, I might've been too far in the hype when I said it was Miyazaki's best. It was awesome, and I liked it more than Demon's Souls, but after finishing it, I have to keep Dark Souls as number one.

Bloodborne's problems were simple. Neel's right. There wasn't nearly as much item variation throughout the game, and that rubbed me the wrong way. Armor, oftentimes, looks fairly similar. It's mostly just vaguely brown/black coats. They look cool, but don't offer much in terms of cosplay/silly/etc armor setups as Souls (by a long shot.). The game's "magic" felt really shoed-in and wasn't that cohesive with the world. It was either a strictly-Victorian-no-magic world or one that easily lent itself to magic, but Bloodborne kinda just threw some kind of magic into it that just ended up feeling forced. It felt like "Hey people that played mages, come play this game too, it has magic! I swear!" Also, didn't even have the Moonlight Greatsword, wtf.

On that same thread:
Dark Souls (2 included) had that same "THAT'S FUCKING RADICAL" sensation whenever you acquired a boss weapon - something this game was lacking. I'm pretty sure only like, two bosses give you weapons. You can say 3, but one of those weapons is accessbile without even having to fight the boss. The weapons you do get were fuckin' cool, though.

PvP was pretty hard to initiate, even harder to continue with. Hits wouldn't register, phantom range, the whole nine yards. This needs more testing on my end, though. I've only managed to PvP like, thrice. Also, despite how targeted the co-op is, PvP is not, so I haven't been able to duel my shit-talking friends. Co-op worked well, though, so I don't have many complaints there.

The combat is my favorite of his work for sure, but I feel like it could be expanded on. He did call for hyper-aggression in this game, but not everyone really enjoys that playstyle (which is why not everyone does it in the previous games). I, for one, do enjoy it, (even though I'd like more magic in it.)

Bosses were all very interesting. For those of you that have played the game, my favorites (based on general creativity and fun) were The Witch of Hemwick, Micolash, Host of the Nightmare (my definite favorite), (ENDGAME SPOILER)and of course Gherman and Moon Presence. However, some bosses were absolute bullshit and I hate them. Looking at you, Rom. Other than that, this game gives a nice deviation from DS2's "dude in armor" bosses, which was nice (aaaaand terrifying, most of the time). Lovecraft would've loved quite a few of these assholes.

The soundtrack was the fuckin' TITS. The final boss for those of you that've played the game, Gherman, not Moon had an outstanding theme that I found to be better than any of any previous Souls game.

The story to the game was a mindfuck and a fucking roller coaster ride that I still don't quite fully grasp. I'm gonna need to watch a few videos and read some more lore or something. It involves aliens? And space I think? Maybe? I got the backbone of it though, and I liked it quite a lot.

Map design was Miyazaki as fuck, piece of shit had so many shortcuts I didn't know what to do with myself.

The game LOOKED amazing. I felt the framerate was going to be an issue, but i adapted easily. If Dark Souls 1 looked this good, it would be the perfect video game.

Overall, where DaS1 was a 10/10, Bloodborne nets a 9. Go buy it. Also, fight me. I need your blood.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 am

How much did you goddamn play it tho? DS1 took me like 8 lifetimes to beat and this game has been out all of 3.5 days.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Non-stop, heh. I'm on Sprring Break. Some buddies of mine and I have been playing since it released. Took me 50 hours for my first run.

Edit: Not to mention that the two friends I was playing with and I are veterans to the Souls games and just fairly good at them. We found every side-story, we think.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
KatanaRama

Post by KatanaRama » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Wait, there's magic in this game? That's slightly disappointing.
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:03 pm

I just got into PVP.

fuck.
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)