Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain(and Ground Zeroes)

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Mastermind1011

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain(and Ground Zeroes)

Post by Mastermind1011 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:34 pm

A Ninja wrote:As someone who has never really played any of the games in this series, do the older ones still hold up in terms of gameplay?
In short: yes.

To put a longer spin on it: Kojima put a lot of work into each of these games. The evolution between each title is both intelligent and grand. If you put 5 minutes into playing every game in the series it becomes immediately obvious how much of a jump there is each time in both the amount and the depth of the mechanics at play. This means each game feels pretty different and never half-baked.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:43 pm

A Ninja wrote:As someone who has never really played any of the games in this series, do the older ones still hold up in terms of gameplay?
The first game is the only one that might feel a tad clunky, the game overall is meant to be tense, think Resident Evil-ish (Firefights are dangerous and stealth is generally a better option than getting rushed by three soldiers with automatics, but firefights are certainly still viable).

It's still superior to the Gamecube version (Twin Snakes) which is a remake using MGS2's engine, mechanics, and graphical upgrade, as you lose a lot of the charm of the original, plus they change some things that are questionable. Still an incredible game though. Every numbered game is an incredible experience well worth playing. The side games like Portable Ops or Peace Walker are also fun but not as necessary.

If you go into MGSV without playing any of the others though the story will be confusing as balls. The series takes place at different historical points between the 60s and 2014, MGSV takes place in 1984, after MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker, though a lot of the games content will likely reference the events to come.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:09 am

sonova bitch, Mastermind gave me faulty intel

gonna disappear and marathon MGSV starting tomorrow i guess
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

It's releasing midnight EST tonight, right?

Hhhhnnnngggghh
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:32 pm

To be fair, Midnight NZ time was the official intel up until like 24 hours ago. It was a bait-and-switch! :(
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Who cares I'm west coast that means 9pm
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:55 pm

My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:22 am

IT'S OUT GET HYPE
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:48 am

GREAT.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:42 am

So when's steam gonna retroactively release every single MGS game so that it's not only the dang fifth game that's on there. Really I just wanna play 4 but I don't have a ps triple anymore. Cock.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Well they'd have to release both 3 and 4 (and probably Peace Walker) on PC first.

Also heads up, haven't followed up this morning to confirm but before I went to bed last night the crash bug for everyone appeared to be some new tech MGSV is running, SSE 4.1 or something, basically AMD Phenom processors and older aren't built for it and the game doesn't run, so watch out.

Thankfully I have an i7 in my laptop, dang I need to upgrade my desktop.

Edit:
They've confirmed an issue with AMD Phenom processors, and are hoping to have the patch out later today, which is crazy.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Ran up against the same bug, they had a beta up for the patch when i woke up. so things happened, and at the time of this writing i'm ahead of both you and Mastermind :P
17 hours in two days jesus uncrusted christ

gonna be playing it sporadically from now on, got 17% completion before i burnt out though so that's good i guess

Mission 12 is a doozy by the way. Bring your brown pants.
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:27 am

VR Missions is where its at, god damn ape escape monkeys.
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am

HEADS UP TO THOSE WHO ARE STILL CONSIDERING IT I'M ALREADY 53 HOURS IN AND I'M HALFWAY DONE WITH THE STORY AT BEST THIS GAME HAS FUCKSHIT RETARDED AMOUNTS OF CONTENT AND IT'S ALL GRADE A IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE AAAAHHH
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:20 am

Neelpos wrote:HEADS UP TO THOSE WHO ARE STILL CONSIDERING IT I'M ALREADY 53 HOURS IN AND I'M HALFWAY DONE WITH THE STORY AT BEST THIS GAME HAS FUCKSHIT RETARDED AMOUNTS OF CONTENT AND IT'S ALL GRADE A IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE AAAAHHH
Do not share your unbashful enthusiasm.
Sounds like every kojima game ever :roll:

Noneone knows who coined the term" Kojima is God" ,but at the same time none argue, ever
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."