Sven Co-op Steam Release Jan 22nd

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Sven Co-op Steam Release Jan 22nd

Post by A Ninja » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:10 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225840

From the original Dev
On this day in 1999, two months after the release of Half-Life, I posted the first public version of the Sven Co-op mod to the Atomic Half-Life fan site. Now, seventeen years, thousands of custom maps, and millions of downloads later, Sven Co-op is about to be released on Steam as a stand-alone game.

Sven Co-op will be available to download for the bargain price of USD$0 this Friday, the 22nd of January! All donors past and present will keep their bonus features in the Steam version.

The stand-alone game includes many hundreds of features, fixes and improvements, as well as new maps and content. Valve have also kindly allowed us to include their original Half-Life campaign free of charge, playable cooperatively even by people who don't own the original game! New features have allowed the co-op version of the storyline maps to be reworked in a way that stays true to the original game while remaining challenging for multiple players.

Additionally, thanks to Valve providing us with a Goldsrc license, the team had been able to update the engine itself to allow Sven Co-op and its maps to surpass the limitations of standard mods. The Steam release will also allow for easy installation, frequent iterative updates, and eventual Steam Workshop support.

I wasn't closely involved in 5.0's development, but I remain in proud awe of the team's dedication and the countless hours of work put into accomplishing this Steam release. Ever since the first custom map (GargHunt) was created for version 1.0, Sven Co-op has also been a community-driven project. The SC team and I would like to express our heartfelt thanks to all the mappers, artists, server ops, donors, and others without whom we would never have come this far. We hope the new Sven Co-op SDK, scripting language, updated level editor and server tools will be of use to many of you as you continue to create endless imaginative content and generally keep the community running!

This 5.0 release is dedicated to Brent "BackAssward" Holowka, who left development and more important matters against his own will on October 9th, 2015. He is sorely missed.
Full changelog
http://www.svencoop.com/manual/changelog.html
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Re: Sven Co-op Steam Release Jan 22nd

Post by Maha » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Soon...

Soooooooon...

SOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 pm

:dancingrobot:
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Dank
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:10 am

Sven coop now, AOE when?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Game will be released later today, heres a Valve News Network video that explains the game a bit and why the announcement is important
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Oh god yes for Workshop support at some point. Now hopefully we won't have to go scrounging around the ruins of the internet for Sven maps.
prolix

Post by prolix » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:57 pm

There won't be a dedicated server until they release the dedicated server pack; for now there's only client side servers.
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:04 pm

It's out. Download takes like 30 seconds.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Sven coop when?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Now?
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:16 am

We had a server up and managed to get through the entire HL1 campaign. It crashes a shit ton. Hopefully they can get those issues all worked out soon.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:53 am

I'd be down to play tonight!
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2