FFXIV general thread

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Bloodkraze

Re: FFXIV general thread

Post by Bloodkraze » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:01 am

Pshaw, don't trust some lowly i129 war. I have a i130 monk with best-in-slot gear, come to leviathan!

But in all seriousness, if anyone wanted to start the game and do end-game raiding, now is the time to start. Once heavensward comes out the level cap is increased to 60 and the new raid dungeon Alexander will release. The reason why it's better to start raiding in heavensward is mostly because in the current game, to get to the final raid dungeon there's a lot of gated content you have to get through. Once heavensward releases everyone level 60 will be able to access the new raid dungeon without having to go through the raid that's out currently.
Tokengekko

Post by Tokengekko » Wed May 20, 2015 10:31 pm

just here to post that im super hyped for Heavensward !!!!
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 am

Here are a couple videos from this most recent Live Letter about Heavensward.

New Job Skills:

Dungeon Crawl:

[SPOILERS OF THE WHOLE MAIN STORY SO FAR] Heavensward Theme Song
VIEW CONTENT:
[/SPOILERS OF THE WHOLE MAIN STORY SO FAR]
Tokengekko

Post by Tokengekko » Sun May 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Man that new theme song its so good imho
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 am

T13 clear!

-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Okay guys Heavensward (expansion) Early Access starts today and the game fully releases the 23rd. They added new recruit-a-friend benefits for both inviter and invitee. So if you were looking to try that game I'd love to send you the recruit-a-friend email. You know... so I can get a cool ass mount and stuff.
Base

Post by Base » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:33 am

Just completed all four fights of Alexander normal. They were all pretty easy, the fourth one was pretty fun though. Also working on getting my Warrior to 60 so I can main that instead of Dark Knight. The new gear in heavensward has a lot of variety and looks really cool, pretty well done stuff. It makes the recoloring bullshit of WoW look like a damn joke!
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Same, literally just cleared all of Alex today. I one shot A3 and A4 in DF, funny enough. A2 was the only one that gave me trouble.
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Base

Post by Base » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:04 am

Funnily enough, I did the alexander stuff with Dark Knight Off tanking, but I really feel Dark Knight is a terrible off tank for that content-- and maybe most content. Their mp management meta game is hindered significantly with the weird phases and such that those fights do-- A4 in particular really restricts how often the OT is getting hit/hitting an enemy so making sure you have mp at all times is really difficult. I get the feeling that WAR OT is still the best option among the tanks, and DRK is more of a alternate Main tank option. I mean, WAR has equilibrium and inner beast to tank the adds in quarantine easier and safer, and it also means the healers don't need to clutch heal as often when their soaking lazers or the fireballs.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Base wrote:Funnily enough, I did the alexander stuff with Dark Knight Off tanking, but I really feel Dark Knight is a terrible off tank for that content-- and maybe most content. Their mp management meta game is hindered significantly with the weird phases and such that those fights do-- A4 in particular really restricts how often the OT is getting hit/hitting an enemy so making sure you have mp at all times is really difficult. I get the feeling that WAR OT is still the best option among the tanks, and DRK is more of a alternate Main tank option. I mean, WAR has equilibrium and inner beast to tank the adds in quarantine easier and safer, and it also means the healers don't need to clutch heal as often when their soaking lazers or the fireballs.
No comment on DRK gameplay since mine is only at level 50. But I did want to point out that Elysium was 7 minutes behind getting world first on Alexander Floor 1 Savage and got world first on Floor 2 savage and they brought in a DRK as one of their tanks.

The main complaint I hear about DRK though is if they are focusing a bit more on DPS they become TP starved in 2-2.5 mins.

On another yet similar note, my raid group attempted Savage last night. Faust is a real killer, we got past him with a little bit of trouble at first. Working on the main encounter now, currently tanking/healing problems are holding us back it seems.
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Ok, so who's still playing this? Not including Zeno.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:40 pm

I just got back in. Playing on Siren.

My paladin job is still level 50 but I just got my pgl to 30. Gotta level lancer to 15 for monk now. Might take a break from that and get my paladin up to 60.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Waterbear

Post by Waterbear » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:17 am

why do u always play females u fucking slut
12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Just let him be happy, who cares what he picks
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Wish there was cross-server play like Guild Wars 2. I'm on Leviathan.

It might not be farfetched though, they're looking at implementing cross-server party finder.