de_northwood suggestion (and terrordrome)

Like such as the NIPPER
cl0ud

de_northwood suggestion (and terrordrome)

Post by cl0ud » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:34 am

well, i had originally taken pictures to go along with this, but i couldnt find someone to host 7 screen shots, so i'll just wing it w/o pictures

ok, well as ct i noticed that it was much more difficult to secure the bombsite, yet all we really had to do was keep that ONE bombsite clean, cause the one at the end of the map really is useless (by the time a terrorist reaches the end bombsite, most of the cts would be dead because they would have had to sweep it through to get there, leaving one or two, if none)

so i was thinking, why not keep the tower there, and move the bombsite to maybe the green generator thing by the house, or put something else behind the houses as a bombsite

the reason i say keep the tower is you could put a ladder leading up to it, and then cut a clear path (well maybe not clear, maybe a little curved or something) but make it able to watch the tower bombsite from the top of the tower, the reason i say this is because the t's can outrun the cts there (if the cts are taking fire trying to get there) and this way the cts can get there fast, secure it, and cover it.

also, it helps because the other bombsite (if you did move it to behind the housing area) could not be covered from the watertower so you couldnt hold down the map with 2 people wielding awps.

if someone can host my images, i can give a much more detailed description

added about 5 minutes after original post -
well i was thinking "damn, i knew i had a suggestion for terrordrome, but i forgot", well i just remembered

i couldnt see a reason that the cts were winning other than skill and terrorist lack of cover, and by this i mean outside of the base. on top of the base it is easy to hold down, but the inside is harder to keep cts out of, so why not dig out small spaces in the ground and put bunkers there so the terrorist can occupy the outside of the base and keep the cts out

the ideas that i am thinking of can be seen at cart_attack (ct side) and the gijoe hq base
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:21 am

I agree with your terrordrome idea. Its seems to me the only thing making the Ts have a hard time was the fact that they couldn't not use the guns on the top, which is basically a deathtrap if you don't have anyone covering from the ground too. They need something to draw them outside and I think some trenches or bunkers outside would do the trick.

I'm not sure I understand your northwood idea. Are you saying to move the main bombsite across the street near the generator? Something like that might work. How about if I added a tipped over semi near the intersection which would provide cover to the house-area across the street, and move the CT spawn bombsite accross the street near the garage or generator.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:24 am

yes, that is exactly what i was thinking (except the tipped over semi, that part is up to you)

so if you did add the ladder to the original ct spawn bombsite, they could cover the building bombsite, but it would be difficult to cover the one across the street, which would balance it out greatly, giving both the cts and the t's an advantage and a disadvantage, causing more movement and and more teamwork, which then really turns out to be a good map
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:37 am

so if you did add the ladder to the original ct spawn bombsite, they could cover the building bombsite,
Do you mean they could cover the new bombsite by the home? Because they wouldn't be able to see the brick building bombsite from the tower at their spawn.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:10 am

no, what i mean is, clear a path from water tower to water tower, so its easier for cts to reach that first watertower bombsite, so they can see that from the watch tower, and not the housing bombsite, because that would be behind the house and they would have cover from the semi, so they could watch only the brick building bombsite, and not the housing bombsite from the water tower

[useless edit] lol this was a 1337 post..no seriously..its my 1337'd post [/useless edit]
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:08 pm

I got rid of the CT spawn bombsite and made a new bombsite as the power generator near the home. I added a new truck in the intersection and a fence to give the Ts some sniper cover if they choose to rush the generator bombsite.

I can't move the treeline back so the two water towers can see each other, the r_speeds would skyrocket if I did that. What I could do is add a ladder to the bilboard so the CTs can snipe from there, allhough they wouldnt be able to see either bombsite completely from there. I could move the bilboard up so they can see the water tower bombsite.
cl0ud

Post by cl0ud » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:33 pm

well if you put a ladder on the billboard w/o moving it, then the cts could watch over the generator bombsite, with little or no cover from attackers coming from the water bombsite. you could possibly keep the billboard (with no ladder) and put a ladder on the back of one of the houses, so they can peek and see the water tower bombsite, yet it is still possible for the terrorist to flank them