Can we get a list of Players with Admin?

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.

Should there be a list of Players with Admin?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:11 pm

Yes, We have a right to know!!
72%
No, It's none of our business!!
28%

Total votes: 18
M!SFiT

Can we get a list of Players with Admin?

Post by M!SFiT » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:11 pm

Joe,

Can we get a list of all the players that have admin?

It would be nice to know off hand who during play has admin in case of players stepping out of line or perhaps help out with a 'real' problem or to know who was admining when players have problems with getting banned!

I know this might cause problems for those admins, becuase of players asking for this and for that, but in a way i think it might make people think twice before stepping out of line if they know an admin is playing! (this also may help out in seeing who is abusing admin powers too!)

Anyways its just an idea.
Last edited by M!SFiT on Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td>I am 84% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

"Heck, that was me back in the good old days! But now thanks to Steam - I quit being addicted!
After using the Steam System for 30 days, I can gladly say that I am now only 1% addicted!
Afterall you can't quit cold-turkey!
Thanks Steam, for giving me back my social life!
:thumbs:
-Allen (recovering Countestrike-Aholic)
</td></tr></table>
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:20 pm

it should be up to the admin whether they want to identify themselves.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Tasslehoff [eLa]

Post by Tasslehoff [eLa] » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:42 pm

allright, the setting is in a street beside the park chair under the street light.

i will be in the bushes watching u with my nvg. :)

*eats popcorn* comon were waiting ;)
hehe :D
Diggity
resident expendable statistic
resident expendable statistic

Post by Diggity » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:07 pm

I may be an admin... on the other hand I might not be.

I could be protecting the identity of another admin!
mwhahaha

(see what 5 hours of lecturing can do to you?)
<diggity>
Shadow Acid

Post by Shadow Acid » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:15 pm

.....i always want to know who the admin is, as to speak to them about certain players who always want a beef with me so meh what ever votes a vote.
-Anakin
GameOver

ha

Post by GameOver » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:58 am

you guys are dumb, theres no need for a list of admins when it says when one connects, "administrator connected"
game over

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:23 am

Oh im SOOORRRRYYYY for not paying attention to every person that connects.. . because you know we all play CS just so we can see who is connecting when it makes an announcement!
We all just ignore all the nades and gun fire so we can listen specifcally for "Admin Connected" and see exactly who is joining!!

Gee why didnt we think of that sooner?!!!

I guess not all of us can be like you GameOver!! We can only dream! :flip:
theZero0
Location: EveryWhere...Outside of this world... Near your girlfriend house...close to a dancing club...CA!! BB

Post by theZero0 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:45 am

Guest, whoever are u, plz make a account, or login first

and....

You are too dumb if u dont never look who connects or if someone is talking too u, kill is not the only thing to do playing cs, DuMMY

ZERO :die:
Living to become a better living person...

I am 89% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
toonerz

Post by toonerz » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:15 am

haha i duno what else you are doing while playing CS but its not hard to hear the "administrator connected/disconnected" sound and look at the corner of the screen really quick
M!SFiT

Post by M!SFiT » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:50 am

Damn whats a matter with you people!!!! :evil: ... i posted a simple poll.. it was just an idea i have and im sure others have the same idea! There is no need to call myself or others "dumb" just because we dont always notice who connected! These forums are here for us to express our ideas and opinions and not to start talking crap and calling people dumb or idiots for thier ideas! Did anywhere in my original post I say something to offened you?? I don't think so!!! So please refain from calling people names or being rude!!

I personally dont always catch who is connecting when i am actually playing - but i do notice who connects and disconnects when i am dead. And yes i do notice when some is talking to me - how can you not!

And tell me this if your right in the middle of a fire fight, where every split second counts, are you going to take your eye off your enemy just to see who is connecting at that very moment?? I dont think so!!
And what if you join and the person who is admin has already connected?? Is there an announcement that says "Administrator Present"!!?? NO!!
So how then are you supposed to know if an Admin is playing or not?? That is one reason why it would be nice to know before hand who is admin.

Heres another question isnt the main idea of CS is to KILL? I admit I do talk to others ocassionally during the game but its mostly about the game, but if i really wanted to CHAT then i would go to a chat room otherwise im there to KILL and complete my objective!

And 'Guest' not all of us can be a SmartAss like you! (yes i know im calling someone a 'SmartAss', but that was a bit uncalled for!)

-M!SFiT with a lower respect for some of the Regulars!
:cry:
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td>I am 84% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

"Heck, that was me back in the good old days! But now thanks to Steam - I quit being addicted!
After using the Steam System for 30 days, I can gladly say that I am now only 1% addicted!
</td></tr></table>
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:22 am

M!SFiT wrote:Damn whats a matter with you people!!!!
the best response to immaturity is to ignore it Misfit
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Satsuma

Post by Satsuma » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:19 pm

Ignore or obliterate is my my personal opinion. Sometimes I wish I was to stupid to care about going to prison. :cry:

I think it should be known if an admin is on, but not who it is. I dont notice who connects myself, or didnt that is. 1 more paycheck until no more debt. And then its DSL/CABLE time. WOOHOO!!!

Is there an audio sound for when an admin gets on?
If u want to kill someone use a gun.
-Bruce Lee
M!SFiT

Post by M!SFiT » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:32 pm

Joe wrote:the best response to immaturity is to ignore it Misfit
Your right Joe... it was just that I was shocked by the sudden insults for a simple idea that I had, that it pissed me off - especially since they are coming from Regulars that I play with.

I will just ignore them next time! :wink:

</td></tr></table>
Charlie

Post by Charlie » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:18 am

I'll make a feeble attempt at starting your list... I'm not REAL sure... but, I think that maybe... just maybe... Joe might be an admin.

List of Admins:
1. Joe (maybe...)
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:42 am

i dont think its a good idea. People are always askin to change map, or low grav or knife fight or blah blah blah. Bein admin aint easy, specialy if they got people buggin em about uselless shit. if the admin wants people to know who they are then they can speak up. thats my two cents, may only be worth a penny tho.
yoss