North Korea Nuclear Talks Going Well

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
sys

North Korea Nuclear Talks Going Well

Post by sys » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:55 pm

Having been denounced by President Bush as part of an "axis of evil," and its leader Kim Jong Il dismissed by former U.S. negotiator John R. Bolton as a "tyrannical rogue," North Korea is suddenly getting high marks from the Bush administration.

Officials are crediting North Korea with being cooperative in the current round of nuclear weapons talks in China and agreeing that the Korean peninsula should be denuclearized.

North Korea is putting ideas on the table that could contribute to the foundation of an eventual agreement, and the atmosphere is different in the new round of talks, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Friday.

"I think all would agree that we have a continuing good atmosphere," McCormack said after another one-on-one meeting between U.S. negotiator Christopher Hill and his North Korean counterpart.

The round has gone so well that all six parties — North Korea, China, Japan, South Korea, Russia and the United States — are working on a statement of principles that could evolve into an agreement, McCormack said.

- Yahoo News
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
Vegetarian

Post by Vegetarian » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:50 am

Sounds like the same old B.S. to me...

Screw North Korea
Something goes here, but it's not important
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:52 am

the US is acting like it owns the world.. kinda pisses me off sometimes...

kind of a whole new direction, instead of peace talks just storm in there and check if htey have weapons :lol:
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:53 am

wtf? no, don't screw north korea.

Screw american government and its superior attitude.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083
Archenemy550

Post by Archenemy550 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:53 am

the U.S kinda does "own" the world.....

But glad to hear it going well :)
MOS 6581
Silent Sub

Post by Silent Sub » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:54 am

We do kind of own the world....lol

We are like one of the largest superpowers if not THE largest, not sure if Russia is or not. We have the best military in the world.......we win a lot it seems like....even in the Olympics! Even good 'ole Lance Armstrong is representin'.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:56 am

havign the largest millitary of any country does not mean we own the world
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:57 am

That's not the point, and I surely hope Lance Armstrong is not representing our government.

Maybe our country and our people, but not our government or military.

Military strength is nothing compared to the stability and decisions of the government.

And no, we don't own the world. Sure we may be a super power, we may have more money, but we're a very small percentage of people compared to "the rest of the world".

What I still cannot understand, is how another country will give up it's nukes, when we don't. I'm sorry, I wouldn't at all. Especially if they threaten while holding them.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083
sys

Post by sys » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:04 am

Delinquent wrote: What I still cannot understand, is how another country will give up it's nukes, when we don't.
because the world trusts the US with nukes..?
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
WOZZA

Post by WOZZA » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:10 am

How the hell do you own the world.

Its the attitudes of people like this and there superiority complex that makes most of the world hate america. Its a sad fact but its true unfortunately.

Plus as stated before your america wouldnt be the way it is had there not been the britsh way of living which your country is based upon this is also fact.

Nukes and power mean dick all so you have the strongest military. Itsthe my dick is bigger than yours argument and its obvious it doesnt always work...

And you dont think winning a lot has anything to do with the size of your population in comparison to most other countries which are lower? Obviously there is gonna be a larger percentage of better athletes with a larger population base to choose from thats just common bloody sense.

The fact though is that most of the modern powers of the world have the ability to wipe out all life from this planet.

Im actually quite impressed with deliquent in the fact just cause he said americans have a superior attitude probably sees my view on this.
Vegetarian

Post by Vegetarian » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:20 am

Like most things that happen behind closed doors, we dont know all the details. America isnt stupid enough to ride N. Korea for favors. They must have some kind of deal in place to get cooperation....
Archenemy550 wrote:the U.S kinda does "own" the world.....
You must be delusional. Most of America is owned by major corporations. It would not surprise me if corporations owned the Presiden...oh wait, they already do! Hmm...
Something goes here, but it's not important
InfinitumG35

Post by InfinitumG35 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:33 am

Yeah, America most certainly doesn't own the world. And why don't we give up our nukes also? Del has a good point.
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:23 am

All you bitches dissin the US listen up:

We don't negotiate with terrorists. You see Saddam fucked up when he abandoned the whole Evil Axis gig and let us parade him in front of the UN as a terrorist

Logic? Fuck You! An Evil Axis we can relate to, but not terrorists!

Evil Axis? Fuck Yea!

Got a ruthless homicidal dictator? Fuck You!

Got Oil? Fuck Yea!
Kamikaze!

Post by Kamikaze! » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:32 am

Delinquent wrote:wtf? no, don't screw north korea.

Screw american government and its superior attitude.

/.Delinquent
Wtf? Americas using negotiation hax!

I think just after making nuclear weapon they jumped the gun by saying Americas going to attack them. Oh how about the missile tests"Hey japan hey hows it hangin'? anyways ummm... listen if you see a missile don't worry."
"I'm not gonna fix it cause I'm lazy and I hate you."-Nipper
Deadly Donkey

Post by Deadly Donkey » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:18 am

Silent Sub wrote:We are like one of the largest superpowers if not THE largest, not sure if Russia is or not. We have the best military in the world
Give China 10-20 years, then we'll see how cocky you are.

They have the largest population by far (so they could make the largest miliary), and they are the fastest growing economy in the world right now, so pretty soon they'd be able to afford all the firepower they'd ever need. Plus, the US relies on them for a lot of it's oil.

ZERG RUSH indeed.
More people are killed by donkeys every year than aeroplanes. Don't push me! :twisted: