Grief, anger as all but one miner found dead.

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
Funny Hat Man

Grief, anger as all but one miner found dead.

Post by Funny Hat Man » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:01 pm

TALLMANSVILLE, West Virginia (CNN) -- Joy turned to sorrow in three short hours Wednesday for relatives of a dozen men found dead in a West Virginia coal mine. "Miscommunication" spawned early reports of their survival.

Just before midnight, miners' families thought the men were alive after 41 hours of entrapment. An ambulance rushed one miner to a hospital in critical condition as church bells rang in celebration.
"No, he strictly told us they was alive," Casto said. "Three hours later he come back and said they wasn't."
Source/Read On

Smooth move...
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:03 pm

that really sucks
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:34 pm

i was watching it on CNN. thats horrible.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
Deadly Donkey

Post by Deadly Donkey » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Love how this gets shitloads of coverage in world media, when around 5000 people die in China in mines a year....
More people are killed by donkeys every year than aeroplanes. Don't push me! :twisted:
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:09 pm

agreed. that guy who said 'if there's one place in the world that needs a miracle it's west virginia' made me want to punch him
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
venalicius

Post by venalicius » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:40 pm

What a shit job, I mean you dont even get paid that much to inhale methane and other horrific gases.
lobsters, I miss you :(
RusticTrain

Post by RusticTrain » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:52 pm

during the orange bowl last night they scrolled across the bottom of the screen that everyone had survived. both me and my dad thought it was pretty cool. i guess not so much anymore..
Vegetarian

Post by Vegetarian » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:11 pm

When my mom was telling me that "All but 1 lived." I knew it felt wrong, but didnt bother to watch any more of it on TV. Lets just say being right doesnt always feel great.
Something goes here, but it's not important
Delinquent

Post by Delinquent » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Special-K wrote:agreed. that guy who said 'if there's one place in the world that needs a miracle it's west virginia' made me want to punch him
someone seriously said that?

well I guess they literally lived in a cave (the mine) most of their lives, but damn, that's plain retarded.

/.Delinquent
STEAM_0:1:209083
kaden

Post by kaden » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:50 pm

After reading the memoir Rocket Boys (i.e. October Sky) I finally realize how miners risk their lives everyday and try their damned hardest to make sure the mine is safe to work in everyday..... as best they can.... If China really does lose around 5000 miners every year, then they must the unsafest work environment in the world... or mining is so abundant over there making 5000, shamefully, a small percentage.

In the future they need to take handing mining jobs over to machines to handle it... just my opinion.