Time: 'Be worried, be very worried'

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:42 pm

Even a whole wind farm only produces a fraction of the power of a regular gas power plant. You would literally need to fill a whole country with wind generators just to make up for a few power plants worth!
STEAM_0:0:2611885
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:06 am

Nuclear is the only near-term solution
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
RusticTrain

Post by RusticTrain » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:14 am

i dont understand why we have turned to nuclear power much more strongely. it is BY far the most efficient, its the cleanest, and is very replenishable. the only byproduct of nuclear power is steam and the nuclear waste. although they have found ways to safely contain nuclear waste inside carbon nanotubes. with money put to good use, we can solve any of our power problems with nuclear plants and stop polluting so much.

quick, someone figure out cold fusion.
Vegetarian

Post by Vegetarian » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:27 am

Basically? Because of fear...
Something goes here, but it's not important
Deadly Donkey

Post by Deadly Donkey » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:16 am

Mouser wrote:Global warming is a lie.
It's DEFINATELY nowhere near as obvious and apparent as 100 reports seem to make it (all of which are funded by organisations that are set to profit from global warming awareness).

Tbh, at the moment scientists still are awful at predicting and fully understanding local weather systems, let alone the climate of an entire planet. There are even signs we might have another ice age!
More people are killed by donkeys every year than aeroplanes. Don't push me! :twisted:
breakerfall

Post by breakerfall » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:31 am

ViPeRDeSiGnZ wrote:i dont understand why we have turned to nuclear power much more strongely. it is BY far the most efficient, its the cleanest, and is very replenishable. the only byproduct of nuclear power is steam and the nuclear waste. although they have found ways to safely contain nuclear waste inside carbon nanotubes. with money put to good use, we can solve any of our power problems with nuclear plants and stop polluting so much.

quick, someone figure out cold fusion.
Storage of the waste isn't as simple as you make it sound. Transportation of the waste is still a pain in the backside, not to mention possible hazards. You stick all this waste in underground bunkers, yet should the worst happen - natural disaster, war, etc etc - if that waste gets into the ground, we're done for. Nuclear waste is a big issue. Cold fusion would be the answer to all our problems, hopefully it won't be too late.

Oh and by the way (whoever mentioned London being underwater), it's already happening. That's why we have the pretty large flood barriers built in the Thames.

<a href="http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/places- ... -3-DHD.jpg" target="_blank">Link to image</a>
kaden

Post by kaden » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:10 am

Can someone fill me in on "Aqua Bees" ?
skinthinner

Post by skinthinner » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:48 pm

its the end of the world as we know it
BIGGIE wrote:whoa whoa theres more skinthinners in the world? What are we gonna do. gonna be like I am Legend but with skinthinners instead of vampires
Chief Cheese wrote:i don't mind being butt fucked tho. . .
farva

Post by farva » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:57 pm

yeah what are aqua bees?? ive read through here and peeps are scared of aqua bees and i have no clue what the heck they are?!?! so screw aqua bees... they'll never catch me!
InfinitumG35

Post by InfinitumG35 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Average body weight of individuals is increasing, so we should make all major gyms hook up treadmills to power plants and create electricity by making everyone get off their butts to work out.
RusticTrain

Post by RusticTrain » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:20 pm

breakerfall, it was like last year they figured out how to use carbon nanotubes to isolate nuclear waste. if they start actually them, it obviously wouldnt be as simple as i have said here, but regardless, carbon nanotubes would make for a completely safe method of containing waste.
FUTURAMA

Post by FUTURAMA » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:38 am

Yeah, the Aqua bees are comming, we're pretty much fucked, but as far as global warming goes we need to find a solution fast because listening to "it's might be closer than we think! we're going to die sooner!" is pretty old
Anxiously awaiting: More FUTURAMA, Smash Bros, and A Prince of Persia movie.