Dystopia server

Portal, Left 4 Dead, Half Life. All those good games.

Post by Posts » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm

Amante: right now we're using what is prob the best reserved slot system; no one is kicked, the slots are always hidden instead of only sometimes hidden depending on the # of players. If someone wants to use their reserved slot status when all the normal slots are full they have to type 'connect ip' into the console as using the gui will tell the player that the server is full. Though i suppose one of the shortcomings of the current config is that the current # of normal slots is odd instead of even. Some servers that also have 20max fixed this by using 2 reserved slots instead of one. But i'll leave that decision up to someone else.

Fallen Angel: right now everyone who is an admin on the sf server is an admin on the dys server, though that may quickly change depending on the opinions of the other admins, with one of the main reasons prob being that there will be far less abuse on the dys server than the sf one, then again there is ff and i have no idea how dys handles ff. Also after a quick check i notice that i forgot to copy and paste you and jeffers, fixed.
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:30 pm

Mk. I never abused on sf unless it was just me.
I'm Back!

Post by Posts » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:58 pm

dys_fusion_v2.bsp
dys_infect_.bsp
uploaded

fastdl set to the official dys fastdl server.

no mapcycle files changed.

me goes to see if any map voting stuff is built in...
TodPunk

Post by TodPunk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Posts: yes, there's the callvote stuff, but they have to know what maps are available I believe. I'll test it out nextime I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't give you a list. If you find a way before me, I'd love to know =cP
Amante

Post by Amante » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:19 am

Posts wrote:dys_fusion_v2.bsp
dys_infect_.bsp
uploaded

fastdl set to the official dys fastdl server.

no mapcycle files changed.

me goes to see if any map voting stuff is built in...
Appreciated, but I think those aren't the latest (v1 compatible) versions. For example, the latest fusion is just "dys_fusion". You can get them here: http://dystopia-game.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11445

I would also suggest adding them to the mapcycle, even though there is map voting built in.

And yeah, you can't really tell what maps a server has. You can maps * in console, but I believe that only shows the maps YOU have. You can always try a map vote and it'll say if the server doesn't have the map, although if there currently isn't voting allowed (you can only do so every three minutes or so, I believe) then it'll say "can't vote for X seconds' no matter what map you enter, server having it or not.

Post by Posts » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:46 am

newer versions uploaded, fastdl setup on the game server instead of the outdated official server.

rockthevote enabled

still trying to get dys to work on my comp

both of the bz2ed maps are about 25MB each
Amante

Post by Amante » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:53 am

Posts wrote:Amante: right now we're using what is prob the best reserved slot system; no one is kicked, the slots are always hidden instead of only sometimes hidden depending on the # of players. If someone wants to use their reserved slot status when all the normal slots are full they have to type 'connect ip' into the console as using the gui will tell the player that the server is full. Though i suppose one of the shortcomings of the current config is that the current # of normal slots is odd instead of even. Some servers that also have 20max fixed this by using 2 reserved slots instead of one. But i'll leave that decision up to someone else.
Sounds like a good system. Right now it's showing as 19/20 though, and when I try to join it won't let me in because it's a reserved slot. It's not supposed to be that way, right?

Post by Posts » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm

Amante wrote:Right now it's showing as 19/20 though, and when I try to join it won't let me in because it's a reserved slot. It's not supposed to be that way, right?
it has been showing 19/19 for me and is doing so right now with 19 people in the server, it is possible that the reason you see 19/20 is because your using a 3rd party server browser.

and when there are 20 people in there i see 20/19

and the config hasn't been changed

Code: Select all

// Reserved slots system
bat_reservedslots 1		// 0 = Disabled | 1 = Constantly hides X slots | 2 = Keeps X slots for admins ( same as amxx default system)
bat_reservedslotscount 1	// The number of player slots reserved for admins ( Hidden from from the public)
Hunt3r

Post by Hunt3r » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:29 am

Everyone, USE THE HK808 IF YOU KNOW HOW TO HS OR AIM AND TAKE COVER! The thing is like a AUG and Scout mixed together.
Hunt3r

Post by Hunt3r » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:29 pm

A Bumpy Bump Bump. :D
Amante

Post by Amante » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:36 am

1.1 is out, so you should update the server if you haven't already.
TodPunk

Post by TodPunk » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:22 am

Seems like a server only patch. I'm seeing if there's a client side one somewhere.

Post by Posts » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:50 pm

These might be the client ones:
http://kayavi.be/dys/dystopia_v1.1_patch.exe
http://www.pcslack3r.net/articles/mod%2 ... _patch.exe

though it is not clear if the client has been officially released, i found these files by looking in the same dir as the server patches

i'll upgrade the server in a sec

Post by Posts » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:59 pm

server upgraded

also
This means that server admins should update their servers right now! We'll then release the client side update in 24 hours.
deathbyfire

Post by deathbyfire » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:47 am

1. I have admin on the SF server and not on dys (I type admin_menu..nothing admin..nothing) Fill me in?

2. Whats the ban time on tk punish? I've been playing for like 4 hours and people keep punishing accidental tk's(kind of annoying). 4/5 right now.