tf2 map ideas

Like such as the NIPPER
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: tf2 map ideas

Post by joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 am

your ideas sound really good, more well-thought-out than mine. i can't wait to see this map!!
ajunk wrote:Pyros never catch fire.
what i meant was, if there is a way to create a pyro attack in the map, or many of them spaced out correctly in a hallway, the pyro could run through them and live, but every other class would die from the gradual fire damage. but the big question is, is there a way to create that kind of fire in a map? a scripted bot behind a 1-way wall or something? basically a fire gauntlet as you have listed is what i was talking about anyway.
ajunk wrote:Medic: Move through instant kill pit. Problem is that this takes too long to do every respawn.
i assume you mean, he could uber through it? it doesn't take that long, less than a minute without help.
ajunk wrote:Sniper: Has to hit a vary far away switch with the damage of a fully charged sniper bullet. Path to button opens for 1 second every 10 seconds, to keep out rockets and the like.
i would make the target very tiny, like the size of someone's eyeball, at maximum sniper distance (which is just a bit shorter than the entire map length of floodzone), and make them shoot through a narrow tube. there's no way any soldier could hit a target like that without hitting the wall first.
ajunk wrote:Spy: Map-placed enemy turret which cannot be destroyed and is too far away to sap.
put like 20 turrets there so that no one else could have a chance even with uber
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm not sure about everyone else, but my sensitivity is so high for games like this that if the sniper target is too small it wouldn't matter if I had all the time in the world, I'd be unable to hit it due to control granularity. Just saying.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:20 pm

if youre standing still, zoomed in, you should be able to hit a fly at 300 meters with the tf2 sniper. it's the easiest sniping in any game i've ever played. if your target dot is still moving around you need a new mouse, or a new hand.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:35 pm

I never said it was moving. High sensitivity leads to granularity.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:16 pm

i guess i understand what you mean but i've never had a problem with granularity at all so it's hard for me to picture someone having that problem who should be playing sniper anyway. if your sensitivity is so high you can't target something far away, i'd say that's a problem for you playing sniper, not necessarily a mapping issue.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:31 pm

Avvatar wrote:I never said it was moving. High sensitivity leads to granularity.
I am not making a sales pitch, but this is the mouse I use:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gamin ... px?pid=100

It has selectable sensitivity on the mouse. I believe there are other brands that do the same. I picked it because it fit my hand the best.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:44 am

I also pick my mouse based on what fits my hand. I have yet to find a gaming mouse that is comfortable. They all want to cradle my thumb and it seriously makes me want to slit a babys throat. I drag my thumb across the mousepad intentionally, fucking asshole mouse designers. Anyway, I used a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. I'm on my third one now. My first one was built like a tank and I used it until left click started bouncing. My second got the scroll wheel badly gunked up pretty quickly and it drove me nuts. I've been on this third one for a while now, I've rubbed through the first layer of plastic on my left click so it's changed color.

Anyway, I know I could bind sensitivity controls to my keyboard or to the mouse, but I have yet to need to, and doing it just for one map would be asinine. All I'm saying.
ajunk

Post by ajunk » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:29 am

Mad_Dugan wrote: It has selectable sensitivity on the mouse. I believe there are other brands that do the same. I picked it because it fit my hand the best.
Need that for 2142.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:42 am

every decent mouse these days has buttons for on-the-fly sensitivity as they call it.
Ronin

Post by Ronin » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah, I always toggle it up when I get in a rorsh
joe wrote:ignore all the dipshits, thanks for the post :)
DeathZone

Post by DeathZone » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:37 am

joe wrote: 2b) 8 cap points, each can only be gotten to by a certain class (sniper has to shoot a tiny distant trigger, scout has to run through a timed area that kills if you take too long, etc.)
Great idea, I'm taking a shot at it. Should be up and playable before Christmas.
w00t.
Silent Sub

Post by Silent Sub » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:21 pm

Hey where did Nipper go? Haven't heard from him in a while. Is he still making new maps for TF2?

Sry I've been gone forever and am now catching up with things around here, lol.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:52 pm

I started making a dustbowl like TF2 map and got 2 of the 3 round areas done so far. But I haven't been mapping a lot lately.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:55 pm

cant wait to see it
Silent Sub

Post by Silent Sub » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Wootz teh nippar iz aliev!!

Cool sounds good to me. I'm loving these new TF2 custom maps!!! omggggg