Buy Starcraft now or wait for Starcraft II?

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
MindFlayer

Re: Buy Starcraft now or wait for Starcraft II?

Post by MindFlayer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:32 pm

lol fastest is nooooob... best terran strat vs zerg is mass medic marine with science vessels, vs toss go mech (vultures & tanks)
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:03 pm

vultures and tanks against toss can just be useless if i have carriers. when i play regular maps build up dragoons carriers and 1 observer for every 24 men. terran id go goliaths and tanks, zerg one queen rest hydras and and zergs. i usually play with toss and usually 1v1 ppl either mass build ground or air. tanks and goliaths will beat toss np if u get ur goliaths to single target carriers.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 am

:roll: nerds...
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:17 pm

"Interests: computers, star trek, sci-fi in general"
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:16 pm

i believe he just wtfpwned u.
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 pm

at least i don't go around discussing special tactics of SC ...
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:04 am

Rat-morningstar wrote:at least i don't go around discussing special tactics of SC ...
he has a point

I play SC all the time, username on east/west is CaptainTripps or CaptTripps (don't recall which is which)

I generally play Use Map Setting games, like Heavens Last Defense, Builders/Fighters, the Various DEFENSE and Special Forces maps, etc. Occasionally a Fastest or BGH but I don't really find those fun, everyone either hacks/exploits or backstabs in em.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:56 am

it's a fucking strategy game, you idiots.

awesome are new -_-
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:01 pm

MindFlayer wrote:it's a fucking strategy game, you idiots.

awesome are new -_-
Rat-morningstar wrote::roll: nerds...
X1000 + chanfailgaydom Xinfinity
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
MindFlayer

Post by MindFlayer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 pm

lol, sure bud... you joined like a month ago and have 500 posts. clearly you have no life. gg.
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm fairly certain that no one who uses the term "awesome" retains the right to talk shit regarding someone else's lifestyle (next you'll be telling us how l337 your Zerg skillz r). Especially not when they're breaking down Starcraft strategy and class parity.

I simply have a job that requires alot of my time, but very little of my attention, and unwisely provides me with unrestricted internet access. And as I already have 2 kids my days of chasing tail are for the moment at an end, which, not surprisingly, has freed up alot of my spare time.

and for the record, it was a joke. I probably am as big, or bigger, a nerd than you. just not in regard to video games. it wasn't even my joke.
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god

Post by Rat-morningstar » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:51 am

lets just leave this here ...
linky linky
func_?

Post by func_? » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 am

I wish they'd develop starcraft 1 and 2 for NDS or any portable consoles. That would be really cool.
-War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
kaden

Post by kaden » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 am

DO IT. I just did.
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Like Joe said, if you don't mind the ancient graphics, I'd say it's worth it. Starcraft is one of those games that is fun to play at ANY skill level, as long as you have other people at the same level as you to play it with. You could pick it up with a friend and start playing matches and have fun immediately, whereas people that have been playing the game full time for years still have things to practice and perfect. The only problem would be if you're a very competitive person, and wanted to go online and start having close matches right away, as most likely the people that still play it online are at a skill level that would be hard to match, though I haven't been on Battle.net for a long time. If you're interested in playing high-level Starcraft, then you'd want www.iccup.com .

Also, gonna throw this here: www.gomtv.net . There are some excellent matches here between Korean progamers to watch, commentated on by Tasteless and others, previously lilsusie, but now it's Tasteless and SuperDanielMan. The commentary is great, and makes it fun to watch regardless of your knowledge of Starcraft. I especially recommend watching the recent special match between Jaedong and Bisu, that was amazing. I especially enjoyed Games 2, 4, and 5, for reasons obvious to anyone who has seen them. Intel Classic Season 3 is starting on March 22, though that's subject to change.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o