Sentry TKS

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Me_EB

Sentry TKS

Post by Me_EB » Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 am

I believe that this issue should be discussed i know that some people feel strongly one way or another.

In my understanding against - It is a computer controlled device beyond the control of the player and their targeting should be such that it doesn't kill your own teammates.

For - As a scout with bonk or a spy you can strategically utilize the opposing teams sentries to eliminate other members of the team.

I'm not sure how i personally feel but i would like to be brought up
ToteBag

Re: Sentry TKS

Post by ToteBag » Tue May 05, 2009 12:41 am

I see no problem with it, sentries should kill teammates if they walk in its path.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.
Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death.

lɐɔıʇsıʇɐʇs ʇou sı ʎʇıuɐs___
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue May 05, 2009 1:28 am

it should be atleast be a point value for the scout if a sentry kills someone while the scout is bonked, a bet some creative coding could make it happen. might I also add that force a naturin' people off cliffs doesnt award points and it should. noticed it on rooftime
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Tue May 05, 2009 1:32 am

points don't matter.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
ToteBag

Post by ToteBag » Tue May 05, 2009 1:51 am

stabbyclaus wrote:it should be atleast be a point value for the scout if a sentry kills someone while the scout is bonked, a bet some creative coding could make it happen. might I also add that force a naturin' people off cliffs doesnt award points and it should. noticed it on rooftime
Airblasting someone off doesn't either...as it shouldn't. Points are meaingless...I play to win, winningis all that matters...screw points, screw kills, screw kill/death ratios, and above all screw the gnomes. Besides I'm sure it would be damn difficult to determine when the airbast/shittynaturegun actually caused the player to fall vs the player killing themself to escape utter humilation.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.
Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death.

lɐɔıʇsıʇɐʇs ʇou sı ʎʇıuɐs___
Scarecrow4560
Xfire: Tank831

Post by Scarecrow4560 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 am

If someone on your team is dumb enough to run or stand in front of a shooting sentry, they deserve to die. It adds an aspect of strategy so people can't just stand in front of a sentry to block it, and have it shoot through them or anything.
Why must the chicken's motives for crossing the road always be questioned?
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 am

i love sentry tks
adds a whole strategic element to the game
:)
ThisGuy_83

Post by ThisGuy_83 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 am

Cervantes wrote:i love sentry tks
adds a whole strategic element to the game
I love them too That's how I plain my suicide attack's. I've mastered the way the Sentry's Missiles how they will land. I can get away destroying 1 sentry and kill almost all the engineer's that dare to chase me into the trap.
A good Spy knows his whole job is to make his Team look good, keep his Team safe, help his Team do what they where put here to do. A good Spy stays out of sight. If hes doing his job right you don't even known he's there. Once in a while he will Uncloak on the battlefield to fix a problem, to set something right, but before you realize he was there or what he did, He was gone......
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 am

ToteBag wrote: and above all screw the gnomes.
wut.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
Bandit_8[

Post by Bandit_8[ » Tue May 05, 2009 10:35 am

I have airblasted critical sentry rockets away, and into enemies. But all four blast together.

I think they should go in four different directions.

As for the gnomes?

They can eat shit and die.
"Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of killing unwanted babies, it's just that the idea of letting women make a decision doesn't sit well with me." - Zach Braff on abortion.
BPM

Post by BPM » Tue May 05, 2009 1:01 pm

I think the sentry FF is fine, however one thing that really bothers me is the sentry crit rockets. I believe the crit rockets on the sentry is way overpowered and also leads to more TK's by the sentry, I've been tked a couple times by sentry crit rockets in a situation I would have survived regular Sentry rockets.
ChitterChatter

Post by ChitterChatter » Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm

I don't really think its a big deal. Just don't step in front of the sentry gun. Sometimes I forget there is a sentry behind me when I advance forward and when an enemy pops out in front of me I'm too busy trying to engage the enemy to worry about being TK'd.

Also, crit rockets for the sentry? It's powerful enough without it if you ask me!
"Dangit Bobby, stop jerking off in my tool shed!"

I sell cocaine and cocaine accessories.
All part of a balanced breakfast!
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Tue May 05, 2009 3:37 pm

I think crit sentry rockets are fine since it balances it back up with the extra overheal and all...
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Tue May 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Sentry TKs are awesome.

Getting an SG TK should give you admin.
Overbear

Post by Overbear » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 am

Solution...

ban the baseball for scouts, and ban cloaking for the spy. Then everything is in check, the two overpowered abilities are taken out, and the game play will be much more fun, and balanced.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

Armed gays don't get bashed - http://www.pinkpistols.org

YES I made an account here, you can all quit bitching at me in game now.