DJ Hero

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: DJ Hero

Post by joe » Sun May 10, 2009 4:10 pm

actually i've read that they are hiding a slider or some extra knobs for more press when they make another announcement, and i believe it because the photos are all cropped weirdly. every other product shot always shows the whole thing, it's very strange that the two photos they released only show part of the turntable - and the corner missing is exactly where your right hand would go. so i would bet money there will be additional inputs in that corner, whether buttons, a slider, a knob or whatever.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

They probably haven't even made that part yet then, they're so desperate to saturate the market with as many of their games as they can put out in 3 months they have to develop a billion other things at the same time.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Mon May 11, 2009 3:51 pm

I can't picture it having three corners shaping it like that but then the 4th hidden corner suddenly jutting out to reveal more crap. That just seems ridic.

Anyway BJ hero would be better
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 pm

it wouldn't be jutting out... it would have a slider on it. like all dj turntables

i don't think you guys understand what i'm talking about.
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed May 13, 2009 11:24 am

err, aren't the sliders for your off-hand? (left for most people)
Bandit_8[

Post by Bandit_8[ » Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Jason wrote:I can't picture it having three corners shaping it like that but then the 4th hidden corner suddenly jutting out to reveal more crap. That just seems ridic.

Anyway BJ hero would be better
What would BJ Hero be? A dildo with buttons?

Like a Clarinet?
"Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of killing unwanted babies, it's just that the idea of letting women make a decision doesn't sit well with me." - Zach Braff on abortion.
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Thu May 14, 2009 2:05 pm

hell yeah
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 am

ya dawg
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY

Post by Jason » Sat May 16, 2009 10:54 am

Okay yeah theres a thing to the left of it with like a slider a dial and another button.

The screenshots in game informer look pretty cool tbh. Reminds me of Amplitude and frequency. And I lovedddd those games. I wish i still had my ps2 so I could play them.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sat May 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Jason wrote: The screenshots in game informer look pretty cool tbh. Reminds me of Amplitude and frequency. And I lovedddd those games. I wish i still had my ps2 so I could play them.
The PSP Rock Band Harmonix are coming out with is essentially Amplitude.

Also, links to screens.
UnbirthdayHatter

Post by UnbirthdayHatter » Sat May 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Scratch (Basically DJ Hero):

Some text crap too:
According to their source, B-boy developer FreeStyleGames is developing a turntable-based music game with a musical mashup theme. Of course, we don't know if this game would come out for Wii if it turned out not to be just a rumor, but we would hope that Activision knows that Wii owners will give them money.

The controller will (assuming any of this is real!) include a turntable, three buttons, a crossfader, and a "sound effects dial." It is designed for use in a lap, but may include legs so that it can stand on its own. Guitar Hero controllers will also work with the game for versus mode. The music used in the game will be mashups of licensed hip-hop and rock tracks.

Will this be different enough from Beatmania to sell well? Or similar enough to Beatmania, like Guitar Hero is to Guitar Freaks, but with licensed American music and more advertising? Oh, and in case you were wondering, the image above is the Scratch Blaster, a homemade turntable controller for Guitar Hero.
"You know what I do when I'm sad? I stop being sad, and start being awesome instead. True story."Image
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sun May 24, 2009 3:38 pm

DJ Hero:
In addition to the turntable, there will be a second, clip-on component, which includes a cross-fader, effects dial, "Euphoria" button (ie star power) and the requisite d-pad and control pad buttons, which are hid tastefully beneath a flip-up cover. Unlike the silver turntable, this pad will come in a muted, metallic gold scheme.

Also revealed in the mag is how the game actually works. It's mostly like Guitar Hero, with notes cascading down the screen towards you, however this time around there are only three notes, with complexity coming from the fact that in addition to hitting those three, you need to have the cross-fader in the right position. Replacing sustained guitar notes will be scratching sections, with small arrows in the coloured line telling you which way to turn.

Finally, the article mentions a few confirmed tracks for the game. I'll warn you, if you're approaching this game with any semblance of pessimism or doubt, do not read any further.

"Feel Good Inc." (Gorillaz) vs "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
"Jayou" (Jurassic 5) vs "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock)
"Bustin' Loose" (Chuck Brown) vs "Time of the Season" (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
"All Apologies" (Nirvana) vs "Give It to Me Baby" (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
"Let's Dance" (David Bowie) vs "Jack of Spades" (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
"Shout" (Tears for Fears) vs "Pjanoo" (Eric Prydz)

edit: oh snap, it's hard work being right all the time.

case in point, there WAS more to the controller, and it WAS hidden behind the cut in the previously released pics, just as i surmised: