WoW video

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: WoW video

Post by joe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:40 am

well he played for 5 years so it's possible he meant 1000 days.

that would be pretty fucking hard though. that means he spent more than 12 hours playing every single day for 5 years straight. i was pretty hardcore and i averaged less than 9 hours per day

then again if he left characters logged in overnight that would artificially inflate his playtime

anyway doesn't really matter, at some point in the future everyone will eventually quit wow. i just thought he did a good job on the video
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Nah, if he'd spent 1000 days he'd have more than 1 level 80. It's not really possible to avoid experience unless you're sitting around using WoW as a chat program.
cold_blade

Post by cold_blade » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:06 pm

People are drifting away from WoW, they keep getting pulled back in every update/expansion, but away nonetheless. Ultimately there will need to be another massive community to spring up after WoW; no other game operates in quite the same way.

Blizzard is working on the MMO to replace WoW and it'll either be REALLY good or will become exactly what WoW is now and people will begin the flaming and obsession all over again.

I personally hate WoW's gameplay but like the game... I get bored after an hour or so and it's just a grind to the max level or the next dungeon or whatever. I want to play WoW and see all the cool stuff but the grinding and gameplay sucks so hard I can't stand it. I've been playing since the release and have never had a max level character because it's just so boring...
Ninge wrote:Seeing how I am the oldest member here, besides joe, you must please me with something or joe
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:10 pm

i hope a lot of wow people go to ffxiv

then again maybe i don't. the american players were mostly unpleasant in FFXI. i really enjoyed playing with japanese people a lot because they were just there to have fun. but americans would fuck you over for the smallest item. happened to me again and again and again. and then i would go play with my jp friends and they would offer me shit constantly and invite me to good events and were always just so much nicer.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
cold_blade

Post by cold_blade » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:52 pm

I know what you mean, I used to play Ragnarok Online 2 (the old one) beta with koreans and japanese (official servers) and they were really nice.
Ninge wrote:Seeing how I am the oldest member here, besides joe, you must please me with something or joe
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:18 pm

joe wrote:i hope a lot of wow people go to ffxiv
I don't think you'd want that. The majority of wow players are overwhelmingly whiny and complain about everything being too difficult. I played the game for about 2 years, and over that relatively short period, I noticed this incredible decline in difficulty.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 pm

lol People who get addicted to wow and show they quit like it's some kind of accomplishment are so fucking sad.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm

SixtyWattMan wrote:lol People who get addicted to wow and show they quit like it's some kind of accomplishment are so fucking sad.
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Special-K wrote:
SixtyWattMan wrote:lol People who get addicted to wow and show they quit like it's some kind of accomplishment are so fucking sad.
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 pm

lmfao i just shit myself
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm

KoD wrote:lmfao i just shit myself
HAHA Omg I cant stop laughing!
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:14 pm

157 hours is a long fucking time. If you were born 158 hours ago.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:51 pm

If the game has been out since November 23, 2004. Today that would be 2072 days from the release until today, but not including today.

Or 5 years, 8 months, 4 days

World of warcraft /played time records online status, which includes when you are /afk. However, being /afk automatically logs you out after a certain time. (I think it is 30 minutes)

So with that said. to have 1000 days, over a span of 2072 (or less due to down time on servers) days, that is an average of 11.58 hours a day including AFK time. Any one who plays one single game for that many hours a day has a serious problem (for 5 years straight). :O
Robots & Game development
http://www.codenewt.com