Official J2 Black Ops Thread - WELCOME

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
samcalver

Official J2 Black Ops Thread - WELCOME

Post by samcalver » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:51 pm

SO black ops is coming out, this is a thread for when it comes out, for discusion :D
Minecraft User : Samcalver
Psn: Samcalverj2
Base

Re: Official J2 Black Ops Thread - WELCOME

Post by Base » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Looks like shit. I didn't like any of the other COD games so I highly doubt I'll enjoy it to any degree, thus, I won't be getting it.

The trailer for the zombie mode with jfk and nixon and shit, was that for serious? I swear I thought that was a joke but if they're serious about it... I guess we've reached another milestone in gaming?
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Obi Juan

Post by Obi Juan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:27 pm

what's wrong with this one?
http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=55786

*edit* fucking ninjas
mR.MouseR

Post by mR.MouseR » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Base wrote:Looks like shit. I didn't like any of the other COD games so I highly doubt I'll enjoy it to any degree, thus, I won't be getting it.

The trailer for the zombie mode with jfk and nixon and shit, was that for serious? I swear I thought that was a joke but if they're serious about it... I guess we've reached another milestone in gaming?

First, all the in-game videos you see are on console, so it looks like shit. And you're going to be eating your words in a few days, guaranteed. Your loss that you don't find one of the most successful franchises in history at least a little fun.
Base

Post by Base » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:25 am

Eating my words? How? Because I'm not stupid enough to enjoy a series of games that are just more of the same? Sorry for liking variety, but I think there are plenty enough 'realistic' first person shooters out there... Correction, there are enough FPS's in general. Just because something is successful or popular doesn't mean it's good. I've played some of COD4 and COD 1+2, but they just greatly disinterested me. They were good games on the premise that I'd never touched a shooter before, but seeing as how I had, they just didn't really catch my interest. This just looks like Medal of Honor, which was also terrible, and I just don't see why I should shell out 60 bucks for a game I -know- I won't enjoy, because there is nothing absolutely new about it in any way whatsoever. Anyone can dish out the same rehashed game with prettier models and textures every other year. COD proved that again and again, and also proved people would still pay for them. All I'm saying is, Don't care, game sucks, next please.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 am

U mad, base?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 am

if you never liked the call of duty series before, of course you won't like this one. Why would you even bother reading or replying to threads about it?
Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

My main gripe with the more recent CoD games is that they are too damn short in single player!
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 am

Dr.Boo wrote:My main gripe with the more recent CoD games is that they are too damn short in single player!
This is true ,but i can't really grasp the concept of a "long" FPS ,unless the game is blend
with another genre, like RPG (Fallout 3), Puzzle solving/Simulation (Half-Life), Adventure( Metroid Prime/Powerslave)...
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
samcalver

Post by samcalver » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 am

I agree, with different genre's you can have longer campains
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Base wrote:because there is nothing absolutely new about it in any way whatsoever. Anyone can dish out the same rehashed game with prettier models and textures every other year. COD proved that again and again, and also proved people would still pay for them.
Don't you play Guilty Gear XX ^ Core competitively? I don't know if that argument really works if you enjoy a long running fighting game series that only has minor changes in each new installment.

That being said, I love Guilty Gear and I've never really enjoyed CoD very much either... I'm not a huge fan of modern FPS games in general. Just not enough variety in gameplay for me or something. On the other hand, I love some FPS games, like the Quake and Unreal Tournament games, and MM 8-bit Deathmatch... so it's not just the genre.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:35 pm

I loved Cod4. I only played MW2 on single player but I pretty much loved that too. I played the shit out of Cod4 on XBL and got way more than my moneys worth, my favorite console shooter ever.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
samcalver

Post by samcalver » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:34 am

got the game yet, im getiing it thursday i think, ive ordered it but it hasnt come yet :(