Ask me about LoL -I'll help you pwn/I'm awesome

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
Me_EB

Re: Ask me about LoL -I'll help you pwn/I'm awesome

Post by Me_EB » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Sub-Merge wrote:Suggestions for gp as in runes and build?
Gp is extra op right now so he is a fun one to play. Gp's damage is very awesome even without items, so i suggest building him tanky so he can soak some.
Tri-force then tank is awesome. Frozen Mallet >Atmas > tanky items > late game I Edge is also very strong. If you feel like your mana is really bothering you you could get a philostone. Jungle gangplank is probably the most effective way to play him right now but that is rather rune/team/experience dependent. (I wouldn't get the runes for it because it is likely going away soon).
His runes would look like
Apen Reds
Armor Yellow
MR Blue
Quints can be whatever but i would likely choose movespeed.
As gp keep in mind that you should parley between autoattacks and autoattack between parleys. Don't just sit in the back and spam parley apply your slow(s) offensively as well as defensively. You are a tanky dps you should hit their squishies unless you need to keep their tanky dudes away from your squishies.
Oh yeah, prioritize raise morale during laning, with one rank in parley you have more mana to randomly parley, applying your passive/and (passively boosted)raise morale. q>e>e>w>e>r>e>q>e would be skill ranks to level 9. Also last thing, don't just use your fruit to heal unless you are not anticipating cc, using his fruit to cleanse is very strong especially when you are attacking their carry.
NightFantom wrote: hmm this seems like i'd have quite low defensive stats (and frankly i always forget active items :C )
i'd rather be able to tank in teamfights, and just my z isn't enough against most teams
my typical built on rammus is doran's shield, mercury's threads and heart of gold
next up a armor and mr item (typically thornmail + banshee's), order depending on the damage
next up another one (now typically FoN and finishing randuin's)
then to finish probably a warmogs or w/e, the game's usually over if i get that much gold, one way or the other

if i have those items, i can barely tank the enemy team long enough (using my z too) to get my team to kill them

how would i be able to tank if i build *lesser* items? (and agreed, my lack of using my actives is probably something too)

and as laner i can hold my own most of the time, if we have a jungler i'm usually the one taking the 1v2 lane and, well, surviving long enough to get into mid- to lategame where i can show off

i'd just like to be able to jungle effectively (so i don't need to lane without range) and still be able to tank
i can jungle without problems (kinda, i keep up with the other people's level if i don't get interrupted, fuck twitch :C ) but i need to go back to base after each buff instead of being able to gank

anyway as soon as i have the ip i'm buying galio, then i'm playing ranked so i can counterpick (rammus vs ad, galio vs ap)

or not, we'll see

by the way, speaking for all of us i think, thanks for wasting your time on us annoying and unthankful asses :p
I think your issue likely is in the amount of farm you get. Rammus with as much or less farm than most other players is very hard to kill, especially if built full tank. But if you are 1v2 top or jungling with frequent recalls you will have very few cs(creep score/minion kills). Farming minions is the most important thing in this game, a minion is worth ~20gp. So ~10ish minions is as much gold as a kill.
To improve your jungling try this:
http://fieldsofjustice.com/m/#/ZuPqalaxlqZaueyunxu
Apen Reds/Armor Yellows/Whatever you have for blues/Whatever you have for quints(Armor Movespeed Health)
Get someone to leash(get the first hit) on blue buff clear through wolves wraiths red 2xgolems.
You should hopefully be above half hp after clearing the jungle and should look to gank. If you are having trouble keeping your hp up get a philostone or some other form of health regen.

The problem is, rammus without building offensive items, gets very slow at farming jungle camps, which means they usually go unfarmed, which means your team isn't taking advantage of the gold from those camps, which is bad, mmkay. But sometimes your team is full of morons and you need no jungle a tank to fill the roles.

However both chogath and amumu jungle better than rammus and are better champions than rammus, rammus several months ago was very op and has been nerfed quite a few times, he is no longer a very strong pick, he is actually (imo) hardly pickable. Galio is in the same boat, about 10 months ago Galio was bar none the most op champ in the game. Since then they have increased all his cooldowns and manacosts and reduced his damage and base stats.(his ult used to basically pentakill always)

Amumu, Cho, and Singed are the strongest tanks right now. Rammus and Galio are niche picks, for very specific situations.
Draupniro

Post by Draupniro » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:48 pm

erm two amumu builds/rune sets/masteries? jungle amumu then non-jungle amumu? not really sure on a build for him
MineCraft username: Draupniro
Steam name: TheDuckening
LeagueOfLegends name: TheDuckening
Estroy wrote:Fuck, got owned by draup.
<j2server_mc2> <Pennoy999> <ADMIN> You sexeh individual :L
Anatidaephobia
The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Post by pooaw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:12 am

I'm a newish player and i was wondering about veigar. Any good tips?
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

pooaw wrote:I'm a newish player and i was wondering about veigar. Any good tips?
Veiger is one of my mains. Use 'q' to last hit creeps, don't ever use 'w' on creeps. It lets the enemy creeps push you so you are safer under the turret and you get AP for every 'q' creep kill.

Start with boots and pots to sustain in lane.
magic pen, health, AP runes.

qewqr then max 'r', max 'w' & 'q', last 'e'

Practice landing 'e' so the person you want to stun is on the edge of the target circle, since only the edge stuns.

Practice E+W+(2)+R+Q (The 2 is if you have Deathfire Grasp (A good item since it builds off Kage's Lucky Pick a 5 gold every 10 item; 'q'ing creeps isn't fast)

Don't travel alone, you are very squishy. Use 'w'/'e' to check bushes.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Me_EB wrote: I think your issue likely is in the amount of farm you get. Rammus with as much or less farm than most other players is very hard to kill, especially if built full tank. But if you are 1v2 top or jungling with frequent recalls you will have very few cs(creep score/minion kills). Farming minions is the most important thing in this game, a minion is worth ~20gp. So ~10ish minions is as much gold as a kill.
Apen Reds/Armor Yellows/Whatever you have for blues/Whatever you have for quints(Armor Movespeed Health)
Get someone to leash(get the first hit) on blue buff clear through wolves wraiths red 2xgolems.
You should hopefully be above half hp after clearing the jungle and should look to gank. If you are having trouble keeping your hp up get a philostone or some other form of health regen.

The problem is, rammus without building offensive items, gets very slow at farming jungle camps, which means they usually go unfarmed, which means your team isn't taking advantage of the gold from those camps, which is bad, mmkay. But sometimes your team is full of morons and you need no jungle a tank to fill the roles.

However both chogath and amumu jungle better than rammus and are better champions than rammus, rammus several months ago was very op and has been nerfed quite a few times, he is no longer a very strong pick, he is actually (imo) hardly pickable. Galio is in the same boat, about 10 months ago Galio was bar none the most op champ in the game. Since then they have increased all his cooldowns and manacosts and reduced his damage and base stats.(his ult used to basically pentakill always)

Amumu, Cho, and Singed are the strongest tanks right now. Rammus and Galio are niche picks, for very specific situations.
i still like rammus as he has speed (though not as much as pre-nerf) and the strongest defensive skill in the game (his z increases his armor+mres by 150 at lv 5) + the longest single target taunt ever (attacking my nexus turret on 3v3? meet my fountain lazor shooter)
i love him on 3v3 (which i frequently play since i have 2 IRL friends i often play with)

i think i'm probably going to pick another tank for 5v5's, singed or amumu are nice tanks, cho seems more like a soak/killstealer

tnx
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

pooaw wrote:I'm a newish player and i was wondering about veigar. Any good tips?
Don't play veigar. Like he is ok, but the other ap champs are way better.
Draupniro wrote:erm two amumu builds/rune sets/masteries? jungle amumu then non-jungle amumu? not really sure on a build for him
Amumu is one of the most reactionary building champions in the game.
Jungle mummy -
Mpen Reds
Armor Yellows
Whatever you have Blues(Mresist/lev, CDR, or even ap is good)
Whatever you have Quints(Health Movespeed AP)
Start cloth armor 5 hpots.
Get a little help with blue buff then clear through, wolves wraiths red and golems. Hopefully you have enough health to gank once the jungle is clear.
Items...hmmm...Amumu can really build whatever he likes. I'll just make a big list

Core Items:
Philosopher Stone - Health regen and mana regen help you keep jungling (gp/5 is pro too)
Aegis of the Legion - Buy this always unless you have another teammate doing it(like a support)

Boots:
Merc Treads - If they have cc you want reduced
Sorc Shoes - Big dmg
CDR Boots - They give cdr

Defensive items: (always get several of these)
Randuins - Use the active after your mummy ult
Sunfire Cape - Amumu likes this item alot
Frozen Heart - Gives mana armor and cdr. Amumu loves mana armor and cdr.
Banshees Veil - Gives mana as well as mr and a shield
Force of Nature - Big magic resist and regen
Shurelya's Reverie - Badass active+stats and builds out of your early game philostone

Offensive Items: (when you don't need as much defense)
Rylais - His crying slows and so does his e - makes him very annoying as well as having more hp
Rod of Ages - Mumu loves rod of ages.
Abyssal Scepter - I practically consider this core on amumu, but I also wouldn't get it too early
Will of the Ancients - This is a great team aura and amumu loves it (possible first item after aegis on jungle mummy)
Haunting Guise - This is an awesome inexpensive item if you want to build very tanky (Haunting guise >many tank items)
Trinity Force - This item has incredible synergy with amumu's skill set, it adds a ton of damage and utilty. (Don't buy it too early because its expensive and will make you squishy)

Other mummy tips:
Don't use your ult at the beginning of a fight (right when you initiate) use it when there is a good opportunity about 1/2 way through a fight. It has the most effect when it stops people from leaving and your team is already there. If you need to use it earlier by all means do. After playing a few games start smartcasting his bandage toss(under options change the keybind from Shift+Q to just Q), it really helps you clutch/twitch grabs(can be hard at first).
Amumu is very strong against the baron if you have teammates who do good damage you can baron quite early. Wards are pro as always I'm working on a map/video for the best ward spots(as well as other "Tips for level 30's").

Oh and laning amumu...start regrowth pendant pretty much everything else is the same there.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

NightFantom wrote:
Me_EB wrote: I think your issue likely is in the amount of farm you get. Rammus with as much or less farm than most other players is very hard to kill, especially if built full tank. But if you are 1v2 top or jungling with frequent recalls you will have very few cs(creep score/minion kills). Farming minions is the most important thing in this game, a minion is worth ~20gp. So ~10ish minions is as much gold as a kill.

i still like rammus as he has speed (though not as much as pre-nerf) and the strongest defensive skill in the game (his z increases his armor+mres by 150 at lv 5) + the longest single target taunt ever (attacking my nexus turret on 3v3? meet my fountain lazor shooter)
i love him on 3v3 (which i frequently play since i have 2 IRL friends i often play with)

i think i'm probably going to pick another tank for 5v5's, singed or amumu are nice tanks, cho seems more like a soak/killstealer

tnx
Rammus meet Mr. Quicksilver Sash and his wife Mrs. Merc Treads.
Also Rammus isn't as good as cho because he really can't protect his carries on the level cho can. Also cho has a 700 true damage nuke (doesn't have to get the last hit to do dmg) Rammus's taunt cd is just too long now (thankfully cuz when it was short rammus was #1 bitch). Rammus is a very good initiating champion (speed in taunt one guy)but is very poor at peeling which is why people love Cho, Alistar, and Blitz. If you like playing rammus by all means do it, I'm just saying that as you move on and up, rammus becomes very unscary and borderline useless. I'll look for a video of this recent tourny match where a team picked jungle rammus, basically the rammus gets so shutdown in the jungle that he does nothing and loses his team the game.
Mad_Dugan wrote:
Veiger is one of my mains. Use 'q' to last hit creeps, don't ever use 'w' on creeps. It lets the enemy creeps push you so you are safer under the turret and you get AP for every 'q' creep kill.

Start with boots and pots to sustain in lane.
magic pen, health, AP runes.

qewqr then max 'r', max 'w' & 'q', last 'e'

Practice landing 'e' so the person you want to stun is on the edge of the target circle, since only the edge stuns.

Practice E+W+(2)+R+Q (The 2 is if you have Deathfire Grasp (A good item since it builds off Kage's Lucky Pick a 5 gold every 10 item; 'q'ing creeps isn't fast)

Don't travel alone, you are very squishy. Use 'w'/'e' to check bushes.
If you actually want to play veigar listen to this guy he is right on
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Me_EB wrote:Rammus meet Mr. Quicksilver Sash and his wife Mrs. Merc Treads.
rammus taunt with merc threads is as long as shen's taunt with nothing, and still enough to do the job. and qss isn't built that often in 3v3
Also Rammus isn't as good as cho because he really can't protect his carries on the level cho can.
eh, both have an aoe slow. cho's is a knockup, rammus' is a knockback. cho does have that aoe silence, but that does nothing against a phys dps, while rammus has taunt. looking at cooldowns: powerball's a second behind rupture, while taunt's a second ahead of scream
Also cho has a 700 true damage nuke (doesn't have to get the last hit to do dmg)
rammus has tremmors. at lvl 3 that's 1600 damage over 8 seconds (-mag res). so, worse than cho's against anyone with over 200 mag res. i've seen tanks with barely more.
also, tremmors rapes turrets

Rammus's taunt cd is just too long now (thankfully cuz when it was short rammus was #1 bitch). Rammus is a very good initiating champion (speed in taunt one guy)but is very poor at peeling which is why people love Cho, Alistar, and Blitz. If you like playing rammus by all means do it, I'm just saying that as you move on and up, rammus becomes very unscary and borderline useless. I'll look for a video of this recent tourny match where a team picked jungle rammus, basically the rammus gets so shutdown in the jungle that he does nothing and loses his team the game.
tbh i don't think any jungler survives severe harass while jungling (maybe ww or xin, idk)
Campy

Post by Campy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:46 am

I'm kind of a newish player my self, level 18. Any tips for playing fiddlesticks?
collinday wrote:If you want to know the secret, we reset every time baxter takes a shower.
Steam: Thecoolenginger
Platty
Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
<font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

Post by Platty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:06 am

I'm going to say this, because I've done this before. You need to actually main a champ before you start testing others. I made the same mistake.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:27 am

Campy wrote:I'm kind of a newish player my self, level 18. Any tips for playing fiddlesticks?
As fiddlesticks you want to build kind of tanky. 9 into offense and whatever else you have into defense for masteries. Build should probably be sorc shoes, rod of ages, abyssal scepter, then situational between randuin's, hourglass, will of the ancients, frozen heart, rylai's. Keep in mind fiddles does good damage, but only if he doesn't get blown up. You should be tanky enough to be (usually) about the second guy into a big fight, you should also have enough damage to be a threat also. Fiddles, if drain goes uninterrupted is pretty hard to kills, so you want to be scary enough that they have to try to kill you despite being manly. That's why tanky ap is a good solution for fiddles, stays alive and still does damage.

Don't always use your fear agressively, if you expect them to dive into your team for your carry use the fear on their tanky dps to protect, silencing their ap's can also be very devestating. Bring flash, flashing during fiddle's ult is devestating, and you can use your flash to counter theirs, you can also ult out of wraiths for surprise buttsecks.

hmm other fiddlesticks tips...don't feed...yep thats about it.
edit: i forgot shuerilie'assasdfa'ass reverie, thats an awesome item for fiddles as well, haul ass during your ult and helps your team put down the hurt during ur ult as well.(and is just a pro item)
Campy

Post by Campy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 am

Sir_Plattapus wrote:I'm going to say this, because I've done this before. You need to actually main a champ before you start testing others. I made the same mistake.
Oh ok. :P

EDIT: My main is TF.
collinday wrote:If you want to know the secret, we reset every time baxter takes a shower.
Steam: Thecoolenginger
Draupniro

Post by Draupniro » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Me_EB wrote:
How can I lane against champ X as champ Y?
now that i think about it. and read your post again. i would like to ask: how would i lane mid against morde (as ashe). its something i just cant figure out. either from lack of experience or lack of knowledge of morde. :/. help would be greatly appreciated i cant harass or do anything. (or so it seems) and he just runs off after taking half my hp without taking much damage at all.
MineCraft username: Draupniro
Steam name: TheDuckening
LeagueOfLegends name: TheDuckening
Estroy wrote:Fuck, got owned by draup.
<j2server_mc2> <Pennoy999> <ADMIN> You sexeh individual :L
Anatidaephobia
The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
Me_EB

Post by Me_EB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Draupniro wrote:
Me_EB wrote:
How can I lane against champ X as champ Y?
now that i think about it. and read your post again. i would like to ask: how would i lane mid against morde (as ashe). its something i just cant figure out. either from lack of experience or lack of knowledge of morde. :/. help would be greatly appreciated i cant harass or do anything. (or so it seems) and he just runs off after taking half my hp without taking much damage at all.
Thats a hard lane matchup. Ashe is a shitty solo lane. Stand to the side of your minions so he has to choose to hit you or the creeps. If his shield is down try to get a little harass on him. You should be able to get him kind of low because his skills cost hp. Then get a gank, your arrow combined with him overextending by virtue of being morde, should make him a relatively easy kill. After you are about level 7 things get much harder for you, I would suggest a lane switch so you can get the most farm, or try and get some sustain(life steal, catalyst, probably several doran's blades if he fucks up your farm), you need to be able to keep your hp high, still try and avoid his skills but he should chase you around more trying to harass. Also you should run magic resist on your blue runes in general so that should help some. Get lots of ganks morde loves to overextend.
nightmare 101
thread killer, post spawner
thread killer, post spawner

Post by nightmare 101 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 pm

When fighting morde it's preferable to trick him into wasting his cone AoE. One thing that goes unsaid about being a good player many times is that you need to learn how to dodge any kind of skill shots that come at you. Become familiar with their range and "dance" with the person until they blow it and miss.

that's all i have to say just kind of came to mind.
In some other time and space, I found time for a new signature.