TF Community cartoon series (EP. 6 NOW ONLINE!)

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
stabbyclaus

TF Community cartoon series (EP. 6 NOW ONLINE!)

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 am

EPISODE 6 ONLINE IN A FEW HOURS, MY GUESS 10AM. WHENEVER ZEUREL WAKES UP. I DON'T KNOW HIS SLEEP SCHEDULE.

Episode 6, Head Space Warriors, will be online Sunday, March 3rd on Zeurel's YouTube channel. We've got a ton hope that going independent with him is at least a stepping stone to a new season. Maybe even different games (shocking!) Stay tuned!

Edit: It's online.

We see the return of animators Zeurel & Fufuberry, along with newcomers TickityTock (who worked on the game Skullgirls), Chrispy (Titan Maximum, Mary Shelly's Frankenhole) & Peter Turner!

By the way, yesterday was the one year anniversary for the show.

LETS PLAY SOME GOD DAMN TEAM FORTRESS.

First episode is live!

Episode 2!

Episode 3!

Episode 4!

Episode 5!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: First preview video is up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP: I brought this up on the server a couple days back & now I wanna make it official.

I'm making a cartoon series about you all. Yup, you all. Fufu & I made two "The Locals" episodes that turned out to be pretty fun to both produce and watch. I've embedded them below in case you haven't seen them. What I want to do is go into production of a short reality series, probably 6 episodes with recurring characters. The footage and audio will be taken strictly from TF2 demos and replays then the people involved get animated for their dialog.

"The Locals" had actually a fair amount of work put into them (about 2 days total per video) so doing 6 full-length episodes (about 3 to 5 minutes each) is going to be a shit ton of work. I don't expect to have this done quickly as I want to do it right & not rushed. I'm opening every stage of production for you all to jump in on. Pretty simple when it's broken up.

Pre-Production:
We need .dem files. I have a catalog going back to last summer (and I know they stop working at a point) but here's how we'll do it. E-mail .dems to stabbyclaus@gmail.com with a description & character list featured within the .dem. Don't blindly send them to me, note the time of anything hilarious so I know where to look. We don't need footage of badass TF2 action, what we do need is samples of dialog between individuals and/or themselves.

Update: Replays now allow chat in your renders. And yes, hitting f6 during spectate does work & gives very long (and large) replays.

Production:
This will be primarily handled by Fufu & I.

Update: After realizing the daunting nature of animating a huge number of characters, we've invited other animators to work with us to produce the show. Each one of them owns a share of what we make from the ads.

Animators include:
Fufuberry
Zeurel
Too Much Spare Time
Tickity-Tock
Peter Turner
Chrispy
Avid Lebon
LordAddicus.J2

Story:
How are we gonna make a consistent story out of random game laughs & people? My idea is to incorporate small "interviews" with people, who I'll choose after having enough rendered footage to build all 6 episodes. Think "Best In Show" but with gamers (the 'show' being tf2.)

Story Reference:

Style:
The art style will be similar to The Amazing World of Gumball with how they interject cartoon characters in a realistic world. The actually story arc that'll occur will have to be a manufactured one (like building up to Hippies proposal to Pinkle, or something like that.) It'll be decided solely on how much stuff we can get from the demos & how recurring certain people are.

So yea, lets do this shit.
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 am, edited 44 times in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Parasyte

Re: Team Fortress Community cartoon series

Post by Parasyte » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 am

Rock on
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:24 am

I love "The Amazing World of Gumball!" :D
Also, I support this, but I don't record demos often.
I really wish replays recorded sound...
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:46 am

O____O

The awesomeness... its... its... *head explodes*
Last edited by Nightwolf on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 am

*it's
rottencheeseCA
Tall Man with Feelings

Post by rottencheeseCA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 am

man, i wish i said funny stuff on the server :sadasfuck: cant wait to see it, though :banana:
Django-Oh lord, take my lunch money. Please, don't hurt me!
Waterbear- You're dumb and stupid btw and i hate you for saying that forever
Adam- You are right. It's time we all stopped hiding. I'm a girl gamer and I know Joe, RottenCheese and Waterbear are too.
Otome Django~♥: keep frineds close, and you haters EVEN closer
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:34 am

I demand to be in the next video. Not of me saying anything, just of people raging at me.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Wolsk

Post by Wolsk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 am

FUCKIN' NINJA.

*EDIT* We need Hippie saying, "Wolsky, you bitch," and "Fuckin' Wolsky."
That's like all I hear when I'm on the server with him. :B
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 am

All I hear on the server, from everyone but ianws, is pure hatred :(
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 am

Wolsk wrote:I love "The Amazing World of Gumball!" :D
Also, I support this, but I don't record demos often.
I really wish replays recorded sound...
Tonight I'll upload a 2 gig file (1.5 when zipped) that include 158 demos. You can have at that however you wish, I'll create a spread sheet that anyone can put notes on certain .dems. I bet some will not work.

Edit: Also, I added a teaser that Fufu & I did to the OP.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Parasyte

Post by Parasyte » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 am

A Ninja wrote:All I hear on the server, from everyone but ianws, is pure hatred :(
Nothin' but love, man
DoggyHound

Post by DoggyHound » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 am

Needs more DoggyHound!
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 am

A fucking Ninja wrote:All I hear on the server, from everyone but ianws, is pure hatred :(
both you and adam have the first name fucking. short for
god damn you fucking son of a whore ninja. Esq
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Why?
I DON'T MAKE MAPS!!!™

Post by Why? » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 am

Nightwolf wrote:O____O

The awesomeness... its... its... *head explodes*
Nightwolf... I just want to hurt you because I NEVER SEE YOU ON TF2!!! (At least when I'm on.)
A Ninja wrote:All I hear on the server, from everyone but ianws, is pure hatred :(
I think it's time you met Ben & Dover. They'll perk up your mood.
"Too awesome to play; too legit to quit." — Team Spectator Motto

ammaraskar

Post by ammaraskar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Just a question, in part 2 of the locals, whats the song during adam's epic spy sequence?

Ikri - About to head home now. If I'm not back in Eugene in 10 hours, it's probably because we hit a deer and the deer won, or lost, depending on how you look at the situation. Ouch.
Neelpos - If it's still alive after the collision slit its throat for messing up your car, then drink its blood to gain its power.

<+collinday> gamesurge is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME
<@benderj2> collinday: YOUR MOM is obviously highly unstable... like windows ME