TF Community cartoon series (EP. 6 NOW ONLINE!)

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
stabbyclaus

Re: Team Fortress Community cartoon series

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Okay guys, went through my .dems. seems that everything before May either won't play the voice audio or doesn't load at all. Maybe we can fix the audio by going to the old voice system but I have no idea how to do that or if it'll work.

Yet, that still means there are 91 .dems to go through from me: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11459360/demos.rar Whenever you're bored (or when the server is down/dead), load some of these up and see if you find something funny. Name the demo and a description in your email if you do. Otherwise, record your own.

Instructions: Place .dems in your TF folder (steamapps-[username]-team fortress 2.) Hit Shift+F2, find the .dem. Then it'll start or hit play.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Not to shit on your parade but I'm pretty sure the majority of footage you get will be from new demos that people record themselves, it's more fun than just going through old demos not knowing whether or not hilarious conversations take place during that specific map.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Neelpos wrote:Not to shit on your parade but I'm pretty sure the majority of footage you get will be from new demos that people record themselves, it's more fun than just going through old demos not knowing whether or not hilarious conversations take place during that specific map.
I do not want footage. I want funny moments from .dems so I can make the video from that. Please don't send me replays for example lol. If you all wanna participate in the pre-prep, you gotta do exactly what I do: sit through hours of unusable gameplay till that hilarious moment pops up. I suggest running it at 200% or so, just so you can hear the audio fine while the action is sped up. If a lot of people talk at once though, you'll need to slow down. I don't expect many to do this, but for those that do, I'm forever greatful.

I'm always open to new .dems though.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Velp

Post by Velp » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 pm

If someone really wants to make it easy for them self. When you start a making a .dem start a stop watch and when something awesome/funny happens write down the time it happens from the stop watch.
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:
Neelpos wrote:Not to shit on your parade but I'm pretty sure the majority of footage you get will be from new demos that people record themselves, it's more fun than just going through old demos not knowing whether or not hilarious conversations take place during that specific map.
I do not want footage. I want funny moments from .dems so I can make the video from that. Please don't send me replays for example lol. If you all wanna participate in the pre-prep, you gotta do exactly what I do: sit through hours of unusable gameplay till that hilarious moment pops up. I suggest running it at 200% or so, just so you can hear the audio fine while the action is sped up. If a lot of people talk at once though, you'll need to slow down. I don't expect many to do this, but for those that do, I'm forever greatful.

I'm always open to new .dems though.
:|
Not once did I mention replays nor did I ever think that was what you were asking for.
You almost seem to be suggesting that now that replay exists demos can no longer be recorded. People are just going to send demos of new stuff that happened, not sit through hours of your demos.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 pm

neelpos, I'm not disagreeing with you. Obviously people are going to prefer their own .dems, I am just making mine available. Is there something wrong with that?
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Not at all, I'm just saying.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 pm

OH, also, I don't know how to turn off pyro flame effects in the demos so it'd be way easier on me (when going into drive) that you aren't a pyro. Otherwise I'll have to stick with first & third person.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Totally read the post, Velp. I was being facetious!
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:46 am

stabbyclaus wrote:Okay guys, went through my .dems. seems that everything before May either won't play the voice audio or doesn't load at all. Maybe we can fix the audio by going to the old voice system but I have no idea how to do that or if it'll work.

Yet, that still means there are 91 .dems to go through from me: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11459360/demos.rar Whenever you're bored (or when the server is down/dead), load some of these up and see if you find something funny. Name the demo and a description in your email if you do. Otherwise, record your own.

Instructions: Place .dems in your TF folder (steamapps-[username]-team fortress 2.) Hit Shift+F2, find the .dem. Then it'll start or hit play.
With FastDL down, I'm going through some of these now.

[EDIT] Strange, I try Load->selected any .dem and nothing happens. Play etc still greyed out and it doesn't load the demo. Hmm.
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:59 am

Zeno MCDohl wrote:
stabbyclaus wrote:Okay guys, went through my .dems. seems that everything before May either won't play the voice audio or doesn't load at all. Maybe we can fix the audio by going to the old voice system but I have no idea how to do that or if it'll work.

With FastDL down, I'm going through some of these now.

[EDIT] Strange, I try Load->selected any .dem and nothing happens. Play etc still greyed out and it doesn't load the demo. Hmm.
Hmm, I know you'll obviously need the maps first so it might be that. Could even be earlier versions of maps coming up but I doubt it. That's all that I can think of but thanks for trying dude :)
prolix

Post by prolix » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 pm

to fix loading demo's with different voice codecs make sure you have sv_use_steam_voice 1 or 0 - 0 to use the old codec - 1 to use the new codec

sounds like you have demos from before and after we changed back to the old codec
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I'd like to help, I dont get the dem files thing, is there a way I could get a few in a basic format?
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Do you mean in a video format? That would require converting the entire demo which would take a very long time (I'm talking hours depending on output resolution/codec and length)
All you need to do is put your demos in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<username>\team fortress 2\tf
Then load them in TF2 through the console with "demoui2"
A window should pop up that has control functions and a button to load the demos you want
you can also directly load the demos without the UI with "Playdemo <DemoFileName>"
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 pm

For those that want to make .dem recording easier, use Pov-Record: http://orangad.com.ua/?page_id=2
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)