New changes coming to TF4

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Re: New changes coming to TF4

Post by tehENEMY » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Wolsk wrote:So you removed rockthevote and nominate, right?
DO NOT DO THIS.

also why is my favorite map xyz not on ? and why the is that toxic waste dump of map xyz on the server take that off or else I'll leave forever for realz dawg !
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:43 am

My simple mind didn't comprehend all of this tread, but i think it's a good idea.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 am

the lag is pretty bad, i hopped on for 15 mins and even with relatively low ping on an almost empty server, i was still skipping around every 10 seconds or so. it was slight but noticeable and annoying.

no idea what the cause is or how to fix. if it only happened on a full server it would be a symptom of cpu at 100% but as i said the server only had 6-8 people on it.

i assume this is the one single box we use for everything. is there a linux tool that will log cpu utilization and maybe output a graph to the website so we can see if cpu is getting hammered?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:37 am

I really want silly Sundays back. If anything bring them back.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Ian7 wrote:I really want silly Sundays back. If anything bring them back.
Probably wont happen this weekend but i also want to bring this back and will try too.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Hoodedsniper wrote:
Ian7 wrote:I really want silly Sundays back. If anything bring them back.
Probably wont happen this weekend but i also want to bring this back and will try too.
Ofcourse maybe we should wait intill valve fixes all the crashes, and Bax and the others figure out the server lag issues.

I think after those two things it would be appropriate to bring it back.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Sorry for not posting more info in the past few days i just got a new job and been out.

So i got saxton hale mode working great and is only allowed by a map vote(no admins required) but it will only be avalible to vote once every 5 maps AND will have to have at least 14 players on(anything underneath that gets a little unfair for the people vs hale)

Going to try it without limiting engineers at first, if it becomes way to OP then that would have to change.

Also it will be time a limit to change the map not wins or whatever, because at least time gives more people a chance before map change.

Im thinking either 25-30 minutes.

Also im going to remove the custom mode section in the nominate list and just add those maps to FUN as there wasnt enough.

tomorrow, depending on if anyones around to upload this to the server, it should be on tomorrow.

Remember though, this is only the start.(hopefully)