map triggers

Like such as the NIPPER
Furia

map triggers

Post by Furia » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:01 am

well im making my map about a jungle... and it has a underground tunnel... but i want to set it so that i can use the traintrack thing in one if the nipper maps the_get_away how do u make that....

also that in that map i want to set it so that the traintrack can dig through the tunnel.. how do i do that??
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:21 am

Try and figure it out yourself this time. Here's a hint: Trains can do damage to things that break (players or func_breakables, say) if their progress is impeded.

Go read the entity list at collective.valve-erc.com under "Half-Life" like I said.
Furia

Post by Furia » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:31 am

alright ... no i have another problem

ive built a outside world that teleports to the jungle
but i cant generate bsp file, it says something about the oudside world and the brush error.. i tried to remake it but it stills has that error
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:37 am

Usually a brush outside the world either means that you've made a mistake while using the morphing tool or that your brushes are too close to the edge of the space available for use. Simply move this entire sub world farther away from all the edges of the grid. If it still gives you that error hit alt+p to check for problems and if you see something like 'invalid solid structure' that means you have a morphing error so just hit fix and it should work.
Longstreet: Pffff if webster didn't put roflcopter in the dictonary then hes a n00b.
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:10 am

hitting fix never works for me, I always end up having to delete the brush. Tell us the exact error from the log. Cut and paste.