The Price of CD's will soon be dropping.

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
John Doe

The Price of CD's will soon be dropping.

Post by John Doe » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:05 am

MSN wrote:Starting in October, Universal, the home to such artists as Mary J. Blige, U2 and Elton John, will trim its prices on most of its CDs to $12.98 from its current $16.98-$18.98 range of prices.

Wholesale prices for CDs would decline to $9.09 from $12.02. For a handful of bigger name artists, wholesale prices would be $10.10 for a short period of time.
To read the full article, click the link below:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Sav ... P59971.asp
Fornicating_Chameleon

Post by Fornicating_Chameleon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:47 am

Kinda wondering about this and still a little skeptical about the whole thing. They'll probably just take more out of the artists paychecks. I guess it's also a good thing that the metal record company I get stuff from right now sells cd's for around $12 (tax and shipping included)!
According to http://thesurrealist.co.uk/ I am "a CD player that emits thick black smoke
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:10 am

they can't take anything out of the artists paychecks they didn't take out a long long time ago. those are locked in by contract.

they will be advertising directly instead of paying money to middlemen to advertise, and getting rid of all retailer bonuses. so in the end, the price for walmart or amazon might be the same, which means in some cases (e.g. non-top-40 titles that aren't part of a marketing campaign) the price to you might be the same.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Babaganoosh

Post by Babaganoosh » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:59 am

I bet the price drop will be short lived. I wonder if Apple will ever release a version of iTunes for the PC?
Delster wrote:CS = sex for geeks :)
John Doe

Post by John Doe » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:42 pm

Well, it seems to me that the companies are finally smarting up to what the real deal is.

Some people just get too annoyed with how expensive CD's are. I would definitely buy more if they weren't so expensive. That's just me though....

The prices are going down though. I just bought the new Thrice cd, The Artist In The Ambulance for $9.99. Good stuff.
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:20 pm

I bet the price drop will be short lived. I wonder if Apple will ever release a version of iTunes for the PC?
God, I hope so. The only other PC one is by REAL MEDIA (UGH GOD KILL IT NOW)
sg552

Post by sg552 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:39 pm

$9.99 is as much as I'm willing to pay for a CD but why on Earth would i pop a CD in my car that I'm only giong to listen to 1 or 2 or maybe even just 3 tracks? And i have a indash 6+1!!! F that really. I really can't remember the last CD I could listen to the whole thing and not want to skip a track or two or three or four or....
I am 81% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
John Doe

Post by John Doe » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:07 am

sounds like someone listens to too much mainstream music :-P