before you post here, READ THIS FIRST

politics, religion, science, art, barack obama, belgium, etc.
GameOver

asdf

Post by GameOver » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:22 am

i'm scott, pleased to meet you
game over
sg552

Post by sg552 » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:28 am

UCSDCanonfodder wrote:ok I'm going to skip reading half of this and make comments, so forgive me.

argument by pure logic: Logic often times is lacking.

ex) We have a problem with overpopulation

Logical solution: kill some of the people

support: its cheaper than implementing birth control prevention processes

My point being here that logic and the scientific process tend to ignore moral consquences or truth that cannot be quantified.
Yes, kill some of the people is a logical and as you stated, cheaper. But where it gets gray is the moral part. There should be no moral thoughts when it comes to science. If there was, half the things would not have been developed (atomic/nuclear bomb, nerve gas,etc). Morals are more or less the opinions in a mass quantity. Science has made it possible to carry out abortions. To some it's wrong and it's concidered killing a life. TO some, it's a viable solution to unwanted pregancies. Either way, it was science that got the job but morals that keeps it from being executed.

Do no mistaken logic and science for opinion and beliefs.

I think I would love to get stoned and listen to joe come up with this and just go... wwwhhhoooo... dude, that's deep. And out of no where, i will babble out: joe, you're holding up the line. :-P
I am 81% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
John Doe

Post by John Doe » Sun May 11, 2003 1:47 pm

I feel kinda bad about reviving this topic, but I kinda thought I should. After reading the topic, I noticed that in the argument over deduction/induction, no one ever really did thie one thing? What's that one thing? Well check it out:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=deduction <--deduction

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=induction <-- induction

I saw that in the argument, nobody ever really did that one thing, which was post the facts. Well, actually now that I think about it, Joe posted that link up about philosphy arguments and whatever. These links more clearly state the issue that was at hand. I also found the definition of induction to be strange cuz I remember someone stating that induction was involved nowhere in mathematics, yet in the definition of induction, there is a definition of it in relation to mathematics.

I guess if anyone reads this I'll let them come to whatever conclusion they want. The only thing that bugged me about that topics were all the attacks and what not (ad-hominem or whatever?) that went on. I frankly don't care for attacks too much. Even if someone attacks you (in a discussion argument, that is), that's no excuse for attacking someone else. But then, of course, you gotta consider the whole pre-emptive thing, ya know? I mean what if u just knew that someone was gonna attack you in a post sometime in the future. Do you take the initiative and flame them first? Discussions are a quote a controversial issue it seems... :-P
[510]Sureshot

Post by [510]Sureshot » Mon May 19, 2003 6:02 pm

John Doe wrote:I guess if anyone reads this I'll let them come to whatever conclusion they want. The only thing that bugged me about that topics were all the attacks and what not (ad-hominem or whatever?) that went on. I frankly don't care for attacks too much. Even if someone attacks you (in a discussion argument, that is), that's no excuse for attacking someone else. But then, of course, you gotta consider the whole pre-emptive thing, ya know? I mean what if u just knew that someone was gonna attack you in a post sometime in the future. Do you take the initiative and flame them first? Discussions are a quote a controversial issue it seems... :-P
sir, you are correct. :)

-[510]sureshot
Charlie

that which does not kill you, makes you stronger...

Post by Charlie » Mon May 19, 2003 6:26 pm

John Doe wrote:...you gotta consider the whole pre-emptive thing...
zactly d00d. strike first. strike hard. show no mercy. cripple the opponent's cognitive ability to respond. that is what is good in life.

...crush the enemy. see them driven before you. hear the lamentation of the women and children. ya.
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray
Charlie

Post by Charlie » Mon May 19, 2003 6:36 pm

OK... bored at work... here's something that mebbe/mebbe not needs to be said.

Charlie's defn of:

Induction: a general conclusion based on a particular cause
Deduction: a particular conclusion based on a general cause.

basically. ya.

I'm bored at work... can ya tell?
"Ignorance is Bliss" -- Thomas Gray

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:04 pm

the only thing, i could possibly ever think of to say would be:

Hiding behind a computer and arguing, is being deaf and listening to music.

Real life situation: Joe walks infront of 100guys and says his thing, then [ACA]Training steps infront of him and starts barrating him for no reason, all of a sudden you see a fist fly his way. Best reason to solve something, the alpha male is always listend to :)

when you argue about "logic" nobody is right because then logic gets lost.
Paykan

Post by Paykan » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:05 pm

^ my post :-P
Sub-Zero
sexC.| 0n teh your pc? Ooh noos my teem ha$ been d3st|20y3d!!!!
Creator and Proud member of J2 tag, in Honor of Joe 's forgotten servers.
Baron Von Richthoven

Post by Baron Von Richthoven » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:20 pm

Wait, you're saying that we should let the alpha-males make all of our choices?

I concider Joe to be the leader of this comunity, therefore, I let him make all of my choices? No. If that's what you're saying, it kind of defeats the purpose of these forums. It's to debate on subjects, put in your opinion, and show why you think that, not to barrate people.
Paykan

Post by Paykan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:30 am

nope i was just thinking about the real life situation.
Sub-Zero
sexC.| 0n teh your pc? Ooh noos my teem ha$ been d3st|20y3d!!!!
Creator and Proud member of J2 tag, in Honor of Joe 's forgotten servers.
Deadly Donkey

Post by Deadly Donkey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:21 pm

Paykan wrote:nope i was just thinking about the real life situation.
No, because this is the equivalent of everyone sitting around having a discussion, or having a debate, and if any physical violence was used in either in front of a large group of people then the person that instigated the violence would be thrown out (unless it was a debate participated in by idiots).
More people are killed by donkeys every year than aeroplanes. Don't push me! :twisted:
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:32 am

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:30 am
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:21 pm
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: before you post here, READ THIS FIRST

Post by Neelpos » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 am

Oh FUCK I never read this don't ban me pls I'm begging you
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.