Couple more questions for you guys...

Like such as the NIPPER
AlphaKennyOne

Couple more questions for you guys...

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:22 pm

How do I add sprites like little clumps of grass on the ground that you can walk though, like de_aztec. How do I add these and other sprites in my maps?

Also, how can I properly create a rotating entity? I just don't know what to put in it's properties to make it work right. I already made the origin tool in the middle of the entity, and tied it to a func_rotating, but not sure on what to put in it's properties.
There used to be a signature here, but it's gone now.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:30 pm

for the grass, just find a good little texture and make an X out of it kinda and make it func_illusionary... oh and render mode: textured and render fx 255 i think too
Disgruntled Postman

Post by Disgruntled Postman » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:35 pm

i think roating might be in the sticky
Yogo

Post by Yogo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:38 pm

the grass is models isn't it?

and func_rotating
small_pox

Post by small_pox » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:28 pm

For the func_rotating, you need to but an origin brush where you want the entity to rotate around.
AlphaKennyOne

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:48 pm

Alright I got the grass and the roating thing working great now, but how do I make a solid floor flashing different color lights? Like the dance floor in Club Cherryclan.
There used to be a signature here, but it's gone now.
Tommyknocker

Post by Tommyknocker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:12 pm

That's an animated texture that flashes the different colors, and I think it uses some texture lighting? (I don't know anything about texture lighting)
I'm Eric.
small_pox

Post by small_pox » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:31 pm

Use an animated textue on a func_wall and choose rendermode additive, fx amount, well I don't know about fx ammount you will have to play with that one.

At least I think that is how you do it.
Yogo

Post by Yogo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:32 pm

it involves having several textures with the same name, only something like +1 +2 etc infront of each one.

i'm not completely sure, cos i've never used them, but basically, its something like...

take the animated sequence/different coloured textures, give them all the same name, except, first texture in sequence you put something like a +1 infront of it then get the second texture and out something like a +2 infront of it, then you throw them into wally like any other texture, and you texture whatever you want to flash with the +1 texture.

i might not be 100% on that, so check up on it
NinjaBirdman

Post by NinjaBirdman » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:46 pm

-=[S.Y.M]=- YOGO wrote:it involves having several textures with the same name, only something like +1 +2 etc infront of each one.

i'm not completely sure, cos i've never used them, but basically, its something like...

take the animated sequence/different coloured textures, give them all the same name, except, first texture in sequence you put something like a +1 infront of it then get the second texture and out something like a +2 infront of it, then you throw them into wally like any other texture, and you texture whatever you want to flash with the +1 texture.

i might not be 100% on that, so check up on it
You actually start with +0, and I'm pretty sure you can't go higher than +9. I don't think it matters which one you use when texturing though i.e. using +0 would be the same as using +4 would be the same as using +9