grow-op map!!! and my life story...

Like such as the NIPPER
K41N

grow-op map!!! and my life story...

Post by K41N » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:50 pm

Hey...

came across this forum when tryin to find a nipper map, but couldnt remember the name (found out later that it was chopper_attack) ... kickass map :D

anyways, im an on/off cs player, i started playin cs sometime from the days of 1.3, then i kept stopping for months at a time, but i realised that i had wasted too many hours learning how to play it... it wouldnt be worth it to stop :P

decided to get into mapping after i saw the posibilities of mapping by playing maps such as nippers :D (shooters wtih vehicles in em always fascinated me)

anyways, enough of my damn life story.

i posted to ask for some assistanc,e and to perhaps give people some ideas... im working on a map that'll have a grow op in it :D i've been searching long for a map of the sort... but cant find one. Surely, the canabis plants will be too detailed to be made from brushes, so im guessing i'd need to make a model of some sort.

thats where im running in to problems. Im wondering if there's a shortcut, instead of actually having to model the plant myself :P im wondering if anyone can point me to an archive of custom hl models (like a prefabland for .mdl files)

i've searched long and hard for such a site, but i always end up at gay player model sites, which by the way all have the same shit.... lol.

anyways, even if you cant help me, i hope i've inspired you to make a grow-op map of your own, cause it just struck me as a kick-ass idea that i had never seen put into play in the hl world :)
DAK

Post by DAK » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:54 pm

a1dan wrote:LOL SKID/DAK LOOK AT THIS POST I MADE ON JOE.TO THIS IS HILARIOUS I AM TROLLING THEM SO HARD.
Fuck you're boring.
K41N

Post by K41N » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:56 pm

what the hel is that? you think i havent read that damn thread? thats the first thing i read.... i was looking for your opinions on my damn idea, not a noob reference....

my bad... about the jew comment :|
Last edited by K41N on Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NinjaBirdman

Post by NinjaBirdman » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:03 am

You probably won't find many good resources for models like that. Are you mapping for 1.6 or source? The only way to get a good model would be to make it, probably.
Funny Hat Man

Post by Funny Hat Man » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:07 am

K41N wrote:dont be a jew.. :|

:lol:
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
K41N

Post by K41N » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 am

mapping for 1.6 ... (cs source doesnt appeal to me :P its too different from 1.6, and im too used to 1.6)

sorry bout the "dont be a jew" comment.... not a nazi or anything, but i was watchin south park while making that post :)
Napos

Post by Napos » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:16 am

I would still suggest editing out the "dont be a jew" comment before yogo sees it and kicks your ass.

(Seriously though it might offend some people. Use the edit button and get rid of it)
<center>ImageImageImage</center>
sys

Post by sys » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:29 am

well it would be kind of pointless to edit it out now that several people have quoted it

but seriously, dak, you obviously didn't even read the sticky yourself cause there isn't anything about where to find models there.
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention"
Volmarias

Post by Volmarias » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:37 am

If you're a stoner, your map is probably just going to be a hitlar box and maybe a "420" made of out hideous brushwork in the middle of your map.

And, somehow, it'll leak.
EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Post by EDEdDNEdDYFaN » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:36 am

Me and my mapping THORR powers will now summon moses on your ass. Run.

Druggie!!311321
ImageImage
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:43 am

http://www.ejoop.com/pfl/

Thats the only model site I know.
DrWho

Post by DrWho » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:03 pm

Volmarias wrote:If you're a stoner, your map is probably just going to be a hitlar box and maybe a "420" made of out hideous brushwork in the middle of your map.

And, somehow, it'll leak.
QFT :sunny:
breakerfall

Post by breakerfall » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:25 pm

Napos wrote:I would still suggest editing out the "dont be a jew" comment before yogo sees it and kicks your ass.
Or before I see it and kick ass.

Don't apologise, just do not do it again. It will <b>not</b> be tolerated. If you wish to continue posting here, you will refrain from <i>any</i> form of racist or derogatory comments. Thanks.
Special-K

Post by Special-K » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:28 pm

K41N wrote:dont be a jew.. :|
B&
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
K41N

Post by K41N » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:41 pm

lol... kickass sig d00d :P

anyways... im not a stoner.... too much good shit going on in my life, so at this point i dont need weed :)

anyways... my map isnt a giant grow op, sorry for not bein precise about that.

itll be a snow map... cts start at the bottom of a hill, and they can either walk up or go on this tram thing... ts start in an underground base built into a mountain. The base has a simple lounge thing with some offices and a pop machine that falls on you and kills you... but its got a rack with pool sticks and if you press the use key it appears to be a secret buton that opens up a secret door which has a secret elevator leading to the secret room below the actual launge thing...

then in the secret room i want to use some noobish shelf prefabs and a small grow op with a few plants. and also a room with a model of that giant fetus thing i found in the hl pak or whatever, lol. crazy shit :)