christmas map pack?

Like such as the NIPPER
User avatar
NIPPER
Posts: 10682
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:

Post by NIPPER » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:29 am

Iceburn!:
A lot of effort and detail was put into the Halloween map pack, especially deadhouse, but I don't see the same effort applied here at all. I was expecting a lot more from this, especially from Nipper. It's almost as if you asked your friends at the last minute to piece together some quick maps, dress them up in a holiday theme, then jammed them into what you call a "x-mas mappack" (it's Christmas, not xmas.) just before Christmas came and gone. I rated a 9/10, but it should be considerably less.
ahahaha I didn't even catch that when I responded. :sunny:


I think the next time we do a mappack we should do an abstract-mappack (blahhhish) I think that would be the most fun just trying to out-weird each other. Not anytime soon though, I gotta start my lost map now.
User avatar
Skeetles
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:48 am

Now that is an idea that I would make time for.
User avatar
Dr.Boo
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: The haunted Hang Castle

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:23 pm

I'm already working on a freaky map... if you're serious about your idea, Nipper, I'll keep it safe for an eventual "weirdass mappack of J2" when it's finished ;)

And wtf does Iceburn know about how much time we put in these maps? I've actually spent LOTS of time making it as detailed as possible, and I don't see how any of the maps in the pack are some stuff "quickly put together"
Image
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
User avatar
Skeetles
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 pm

I don't see why you guys care about what twats from FPSB have to say about your maps. When I released cspm_de_nuke (Which got some people really angry for reasons unknown to me, DONT SUE ME MR GARFIELD) on their forums it was given good reviews even though it sucked all sorts of ass.
User avatar
AlphaKennyOne
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:37 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by AlphaKennyOne » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:59 pm

NIPPER wrote:I think the next time we do a mappack we should do an abstract-mappack (blahhhish) I think that would be the most fun just trying to out-weird each other. Not anytime soon though, I gotta start my lost map now.
That would be fun. You know me, I love the crazy, abstract stuff! cs_nightmare will definatley be more abstract than de_ thanks to the random events I put in it. Every round should be a nice surprise. :-)
There used to be a signature here, but it's gone now.
User avatar
Skeetles
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:00 pm

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/19236

Look at that, your maps are already getting added to other people's christmas map packs.
bobjones
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:22 pm
Contact:

Post by bobjones » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:25 pm

I think the next time we do a mappack we should do an abstract-mappack (blahhhish) I think that would be the most fun just trying to out-weird each other. Not anytime soon though, I gotta start my lost map now.
make sure you give plenty of heads up time, as maps like that would take alot more planning out than usual.
plus it usually takes me awhile to find a good batch of mushrooms.
User avatar
HomicidalApe
Posts: 5872
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:56 pm
Location: distant shores
Contact:

Post by HomicidalApe » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:50 pm

NIPPER wrote:I think the next time we do a mappack we should do an abstract-mappack (blahhhish) I think that would be the most fun just trying to out-weird each other. Not anytime soon though, I gotta start my lost map now.
ok
1. new lost map? Woot to the max.

2. Heh I have two unfinished "crazy" maps that I've been needing an excuse to complete.
"it's basically valve's fault." - Joe
"I have a very predictable pattern here: I make smarmy comments and call people on bullshit. If you start an asinine argument with me, I will not back down." - Hellboy
"the reign of hellboy has seen unprecedented prosperity! viva la hellboy! - Joe
User avatar
Dr.Boo
Posts: 2948
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: The haunted Hang Castle

Post by Dr.Boo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:21 pm

Skeetles wrote:http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/19236

Look at that, your maps are already getting added to other people's christmas map packs.
Those are Nipper's CS 1.6 maps, not the new Source ones ;)
Image
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
User avatar
Skeetles
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Skeetles » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:06 pm

8O oops, lol I assumed they were for source, why would someone bother to do something like that for 1.6? Are there still new people starting to play that game?
User avatar
mRgRiM
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:59 pm
Xfire: mrgrim720
Location: 612 Wharf Ave.
Contact:

Post by mRgRiM » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:06 pm

NIPPER wrote:Iceburn!:
A lot of effort and detail was put into the Halloween map pack, especially deadhouse, but I don't see the same effort applied here at all. I was expecting a lot more from this, especially from Nipper. It's almost as if you asked your friends at the last minute to piece together some quick maps, dress them up in a holiday theme, then jammed them into what you call a "x-mas mappack" (it's Christmas, not xmas.) just before Christmas came and gone. I rated a 9/10, but it should be considerably less.
ahahaha I didn't even catch that when I responded. :sunny:


I think the next time we do a mappack we should do an abstract-mappack (blahhhish) I think that would be the most fun just trying to out-weird each other. Not anytime soon though, I gotta start my lost map now.
Some people have no respect and need to go bite themselves.
User avatar
Deski
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:55 pm

Post by Deski » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:50 pm

For the "crazy" map, ive already thought of an idea about a map being like in my head. :D like de_deski_brain or something. be like rooms that are connected to different parts of me like music, movies, school stuff, etc. gonna take alot of custom textures and music though. i would like to put some nifty secrets in there so i would need help with that.
User avatar
NIPPER
Posts: 10682
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:

Post by NIPPER » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Dr.Boo wrote:And wtf does Iceburn know about how much time we put in these maps? I've actually spent LOTS of time making it as detailed as possible, and I don't see how any of the maps in the pack are some stuff "quickly put together
iceburn is just a phrase, not his name :ahhh:

But yeah I hate it when people try to tell me how much time I spent on something.

And I’m serious about the next mappack. I don’t plan on starting it for months though. It will require a lot more skill so those of you who have only made one or two deathmatch maps had better get practicing if you wanna participate. It’s just an idea right now, I’ll make a thread when I’m ready.
User avatar
Deski
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:55 pm

Post by Deski » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:01 pm

NIPPER wrote: It will require a lot more skill so those of you who have only made one or two deathmatch maps had better get practicing if you wanna participate.
aimed at me :D
User avatar
mRgRiM
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:59 pm
Xfire: mrgrim720
Location: 612 Wharf Ave.
Contact:

Post by mRgRiM » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:06 pm

Deski wrote:
NIPPER wrote: It will require a lot more skill so those of you who have only made one or two deathmatch maps had better get practicing if you wanna participate.
aimed at me :D
Heh, it's not that it was all I could do, but I didn't really have that much time on my hands. :oops:
Post Reply