xbox 360 mod's

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
TeXan

xbox 360 mod's

Post by TeXan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:25 pm

has anyone done the firmware mods on your xbox to allow you to play backed up copys of your games? And/Or have you done any case modifications, i guess it must just be getting stir crazy for not leaveing the house in 3 days but i wana get something done i want to mod my xbox change it up you know make it look diffrent.
oh yah well im taller than you ......... so yah
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
Sizzler

Re: xbox 360 mod's

Post by Sizzler » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 pm

have fun not playing on xbox live
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 pm

i never play on xbox live thats why im going to be doing that
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:43 pm

I thought that was the big gimmick about the 360, the multiplayer that you have to pay for.
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:10 am

meh whenever i find time to play i play guitar hero, or deadrising , both single player games. My friend told me about a mod where you can choose an mp3 and it will import into guitar hero with the keys alredy chosen , this interests me.
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
Obi Juan

Post by Obi Juan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:29 am

TeXan wrote:meh whenever i find time to play i play guitar hero, or deadrising , both single player games. My friend told me about a mod where you can choose an mp3 and it will import into guitar hero with the keys alredy chosen , this interests me.

Thats complete BS their are a few things you can do to mod your xbox other than fancy case mods (which void all warranty and with the ring of death i wouldn't risk it)

You can add more memory

Play burnt Games

Rip off Xbox live arcade games

Other than that you will not be able to connect to xbox live to get new game content or any updates for your games. Getting a xbox modded is good for a person that wants single player only but with all the newer games coming out having such great online play why would you even want to do that.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:32 am

Obi Juan wrote:
TeXan wrote:meh whenever i find time to play i play guitar hero, or deadrising , both single player games. My friend told me about a mod where you can choose an mp3 and it will import into guitar hero with the keys alredy chosen , this interests me.

Thats complete BS their are a few things you can do to mod your xbox other than fancy case mods (which void all warranty and with the ring of death i wouldn't risk it)

You can add more memory

Play burnt Games

Rip off Xbox live arcade games

Other than that you will not be able to connect to xbox live to get new game content or any updates for your games. Getting a xbox modded is good for a person that wants single player only but with all the newer games coming out having such great online play why would you even want to do that.
I agree with this post right har.
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:51 pm

i alredy used my warranty on my 360 (two days before it ran out rofl) so i dont have to worry about voiding it because it does not start over whenever you get the new unit.
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
Obi Juan

Post by Obi Juan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:23 pm

well then if you have no warranty feel free to change cd drives for faster load times or increase your HD but dont change firmware or mod it because that will just lead to having your xbox banned and making it worthless
WOZZA

Post by WOZZA » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:52 pm

TeXan wrote:i alredy used my warranty on my 360 (two days before it ran out rofl) so i dont have to worry about voiding it because it does not start over whenever you get the new unit.

It is now back under warranty then.

360 is now under warranty for 3 years due to the ring of death issues. Says this on the Xbox website. Also anyone who paid for it to be repaired after the 12 month warranty ended can now reclaim there money back.
TeXan

Post by TeXan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:18 pm

i didnt pay for it i got my exchanged and after you do it once that uses up your warranty and what i ment by firm ware was the firm ware on the DVD drive that allows for you to play burned DL copys of the games.
OHHHHHH YAHHHHHH

shortie
RusticTrain

Post by RusticTrain » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 pm

You can also add linux to a modded xbox which turns it into a $499 computer with a REALLY good graphics card.
Tuck

Post by Tuck » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 am

I modded my xbox so it's got all of my music and videos, and all of my room mates music and video all networked together. Also got just about every game for the super nintendo, n64, and a lot of xbox games on it. IS there a way to do the same type of thing for the 360?
yyyyyy
RusticTrain

Post by RusticTrain » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 am

Tuck wrote:I modded my xbox so it's got all of my music and videos, and all of my room mates music and video all networked together. Also got just about every game for the super nintendo, n64, and a lot of xbox games on it. IS there a way to do the same type of thing for the 360?
With a mod chip...