The Orange Box

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
Hellboy

Re: The Orange Box

Post by Hellboy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Avvatar wrote:So's your face.
LOL
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:29 pm

ImageImageImage

SPREAD THE LOVE BABY
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Rioku

Post by Rioku » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:30 pm

joe wrote:online reviews are for me not very reliable. every famous franchise gets a high score regardless of how good it is, and there seems to be widespread major score inflation. when most games get 85+ , then a high score is meaningless. you can't really expect them to objectively have a difference between a 90 and a 95, because they are scoring how good a video game is based on their own opinions. so when most of the scores are in the same 10-point range from 85 to 95, the whole thing is pointless.
I am glad someone can say something worth responding to. I agree that there is a bias when it comes to reviews. However, because Metacritc.com takes the average of many reviews that bias is lessoned if not nullified.

Especially you Joe I think you have a stable sense of what games you like. If you look up a few games on metacritic that you like then when games come out in the future you will have a standard for what you are looking for. I find the best way to start is when a game comes out that you might be interested in. Find the average score, say an 87. Skim over the reviews that gave a score between 85 and 89. That way you will lesson the bias and take away your own point of view.
Aduromors wrote:noone

fucking

cares

what metacritic says, and no one should base their own opinions based on them
I think it is apparent that I care and considering the popularity of the site it is safe to assume there are many others that care also. Also, no one said you should base your opinion on the review. However, if you publicly complain that that a developer is trying to screw everyone and not only do you not have any justification for it but there is vast evidence to the contrary then the complaint is incorrect. I will repeat myself for I think the third time, you have every right to your own opinion, but remember it is your own.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:40 pm

It is of my opinion that you are all batshit ridiculous. Case dismissed.
Disgruntled Postman

Post by Disgruntled Postman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:06 pm

video games are for nerds you guys are all nerds
Lobsters

Post by Lobsters » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:03 am

o.
STUMPER -AKA- WILD_THANG

Post by STUMPER -AKA- WILD_THANG » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm

So how many people think the firepit is the ending in portal....
Retired Insane Admin WILD_THANG of WILDS WILD SERVER Extreme--TFC
WILDS GEAR ONLINE STORE
Hamtaro! wrote:My brother is so jealous because I got to go to ARKANSAS and he only went to Europe.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:13 pm

I wondered the same thing, until I went ahead and redid it in commentary and rode it into the fire. It slows down sooo much you would honestly have to have downs to not figure it out.

Oh, not to mention that if you go ahead and let the fire kill you, it just puts you right there again, at the top of the fire riding down.
STUMPER -AKA- WILD_THANG

Post by STUMPER -AKA- WILD_THANG » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:37 pm

True...lol i was sitting here thinking...i wonder how many people went...thats it?
What a dumb ending and quit.

I forsee the song at the end being sliced and diced and and popping up everywhere.
Retired Insane Admin WILD_THANG of WILDS WILD SERVER Extreme--TFC
WILDS GEAR ONLINE STORE
Hamtaro! wrote:My brother is so jealous because I got to go to ARKANSAS and he only went to Europe.