US government to search for terrorists on World of Warcraft

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
Cc_Hairy

US government to search for terrorists on World of Warcraft

Post by Cc_Hairy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Oh noes! Tarigil the Elf is going to cast Unstable Affliction on the Sears Tower!!!! Send him to Gitmo! These Right Wing Nuts have their head so deeply buried in their own asses they are red, white & blue colon blow..

ImageImage
The Rogue in your next instance or battleground may just be a spy- not from the opposite faction, from the United States Government. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence submitted a report to Congress on their plans to use data mining in virtual communities to root out spies. The project will involve sifting through vast amounts of data, looking for suspicious behavior and actions. The Intelligence Community wants to target MMOs because they typically fall outside the purview of study. The spying project would only use publicly available data. The findings of the endeavor would not be classified.

Data mining is the process of going through large amounts of information for specific relevant information. This is a process that has long been used in the business industry for product and market research. The government plans to use these same techniques to root out terrorist messages in online content.

The data mining operations that the report describes include Knowledge Discovery and Dissemination (KDD), Tangram, and Video Analysis and Content Extraction. KDD is takes information from different data sources to look for patterns. Although World of Warcraft and Second Life have very little in common, KDD allows analysis of similarities in suspicious behavior and activities in the game. VACE is also a tool for recognizing patterns in video content. Tangram is an evaluation system for known and new terrorist activities. The project will begin with a small effort, and if it proves fruitful may be expanded to a much larger scale.
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/02/23/th ... search-for
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
DAK

Re: US government to search for terrorists on World of Warcraft

Post by DAK » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Pure awesome.

~DAK~
a1dan wrote:LOL SKID/DAK LOOK AT THIS POST I MADE ON JOE.TO THIS IS HILARIOUS I AM TROLLING THEM SO HARD.
Fuck you're boring.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:36 am

uh oh, i have... i mean.. i need to go.
Hunt3r

Post by Hunt3r » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:59 am

OH SNAP I better shut down that WoW account I've been using to recruit uh.... joes and others.... uh.... terrorists lolnot.
MongoTheMad

Post by MongoTheMad » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:36 pm

This is the best excuse I have found to play video games at work!
Stupid question:
If you can't ask a man if they are "gay", can you ask them if they are "strait"?